Preseason Week of Irrelevance Gameday Thread: Rams @ Packers Thursday @ 7 ET

MacReady

I was surprised at the level of work for Hundley last week. I tell myself that the team is investing in its ability to survive an injury to the player who touches the ball after the center, but I did start to wonder after the third quarter if there really is something to the idea of the team wanting to shop the kid. 

Most of the discussion here has convinced me that Hundley plays a lot so that our backup has a chance to grow and get better for our own interests in 2017.

But if he plays great and somebody calls I am sure we will listen.

18 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Wonder if Davon House and Dean Lowry get some reps in this game. Both returned to practice the other day which is excellent news

Don't see any reason why House needs to see time here. If we come out full starting D for a series then I bet he does. If not, and HaHa, Burnett, etc sit, then House would likely sit as well.

This is the hardest game to watch for geeks like me. I want to see which 4th tight end or seventh cornerback makes a case to be on the practice squad, I want to watch the third string linemen run block, and they will cut away from the game to talk with Jordy about his new dairy barn.

In my mind I see a guy with pictures of himself on a recumbent bike with his toy poodle producing the game broadcast. "All right, enough of the game...let's get some human interest on the screen. Camera four we are going to do the sideline interview with the Red Hat Society ladies in three, two, one..."

Archived