Under-Rated Draft Prospects

Just Want A Title

On 2019-04-10 at 4:38 PM, Karnage84 said:

Athletically/body type -  he matches up with Josh Allen, Nick Bosa and Chase Winovich. I haven't seen much of him but he looks a guy that is always hustling and looking to make the play. There were a few times that he was out of the picture and came in from out of frame to make the play/get in on the play. Despite his athleticism, he wasn't dominant a la Jaylon Ferguson. I'd have to see more to see why. He seemed to mainly just be lined up on either side at defensive end (from the highlight reel that I saw). At 255 lbs that just isn't going to cut it. He'll either need to bulk up a bit more or work on his coverage game - maybe both.

He's projected to go in the 6th by Lance Zierlein. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him in the 5th (especially if we wound up with an extra pick there) to bring him on as a developmental guy. He could flourish with an NFL training program and be an impact player or a solid backup at the very least.

Thanks. I was looking for other opinions about him. I really like him but have concerns about competition level. I think he will bulk up in a NFL weight program. He’s a developmental guy but through my old eyes he shows some promise.

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Thanks. I was looking for other opinions about him. I really like him but have concerns about competition level. I think he will bulk up in a NFL weight program. He’s a developmental guy but through my old eyes he shows some promise.

PFF had him going to the Jets in a video in the 3rd round. I'd say your old eyes are still working quite well. I like him too. 

I would say Miles Sanders but he seems to be gaining steam.

I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd if we added an extra one.

I'm dying to see this team establish a legit running game and as much as I love Kerryon, I don't think he will ever be able to handle a ton of touches. 

43 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

I would say Miles Sanders but he seems to be gaining steam.

I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd if we added an extra one.

I'm dying to see this team establish a legit running game and as much as I love Kerryon, I don't think he will ever be able to handle a ton of touches. 

I like Sanders too. It boils down to what are we trying to accomplish - do we want to replicate him with a back up or find a guy that offers a different skillset? I think Anderson offers similar playing style already, so we're probably looking at a guy that can catch out of the backfield with a speed element. I do think we shouldn't snub our noses at a guy like Montgomery if he's there in the 3rd even though he offers a lot of what KJ does.

5 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Idk but Darrin Hall rb from Pitt is pretty underrated i haven't heard a peep.. id happily throw a 7th at him. 

Will have to take a look at him.

I've built a worksheet from every combine since 2011, figuring out where the performances fell in comparison and then matching up against Pro Bowl/All Pro/Notable players to see if there's correlation behind some of the stuff. Has been interesting and there's still some work to do on it.

Juan Thornhill. The more I watch of this guy the more I like him. I think he might be able to switch to CB and be a press man CB and would fit our scheme as that long number two CB we’ve been looking for. Or leave him at Safety and play the 3 safety looks we like to play as well. I think he’s a real possibility in round two

9 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Juan Thornhill. The more I watch of this guy the more I like him. I think he might be able to switch to CB and be a press man CB and would fit our scheme as that long number two CB we’ve been looking for. Or leave him at Safety and play the 3 safety looks we like to play as well. I think he’s a real possibility in round two

Easily my safety 1

Archived