Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Just Want A Title

Under-Rated Draft Prospects

Recommended Posts

On 2019-04-10 at 4:38 PM, Karnage84 said:

Athletically/body type -  he matches up with Josh Allen, Nick Bosa and Chase Winovich. I haven't seen much of him but he looks a guy that is always hustling and looking to make the play. There were a few times that he was out of the picture and came in from out of frame to make the play/get in on the play. Despite his athleticism, he wasn't dominant a la Jaylon Ferguson. I'd have to see more to see why. He seemed to mainly just be lined up on either side at defensive end (from the highlight reel that I saw). At 255 lbs that just isn't going to cut it. He'll either need to bulk up a bit more or work on his coverage game - maybe both.

He's projected to go in the 6th by Lance Zierlein. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him in the 5th (especially if we wound up with an extra pick there) to bring him on as a developmental guy. He could flourish with an NFL training program and be an impact player or a solid backup at the very least.

Thanks. I was looking for other opinions about him. I really like him but have concerns about competition level. I think he will bulk up in a NFL weight program. He’s a developmental guy but through my old eyes he shows some promise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Thanks. I was looking for other opinions about him. I really like him but have concerns about competition level. I think he will bulk up in a NFL weight program. He’s a developmental guy but through my old eyes he shows some promise.

PFF had him going to the Jets in a video in the 3rd round. I'd say your old eyes are still working quite well. I like him too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say Miles Sanders but he seems to be gaining steam.

I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd if we added an extra one.

I'm dying to see this team establish a legit running game and as much as I love Kerryon, I don't think he will ever be able to handle a ton of touches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

I would say Miles Sanders but he seems to be gaining steam.

I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd if we added an extra one.

I'm dying to see this team establish a legit running game and as much as I love Kerryon, I don't think he will ever be able to handle a ton of touches. 

I like Sanders too. It boils down to what are we trying to accomplish - do we want to replicate him with a back up or find a guy that offers a different skillset? I think Anderson offers similar playing style already, so we're probably looking at a guy that can catch out of the backfield with a speed element. I do think we shouldn't snub our noses at a guy like Montgomery if he's there in the 3rd even though he offers a lot of what KJ does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk but Darrin Hall rb from Pitt is pretty underrated i haven't heard a peep.. id happily throw a 7th at him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Idk but Darrin Hall rb from Pitt is pretty underrated i haven't heard a peep.. id happily throw a 7th at him. 

 

Will have to take a look at him.

I've built a worksheet from every combine since 2011, figuring out where the performances fell in comparison and then matching up against Pro Bowl/All Pro/Notable players to see if there's correlation behind some of the stuff. Has been interesting and there's still some work to do on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juan Thornhill. The more I watch of this guy the more I like him. I think he might be able to switch to CB and be a press man CB and would fit our scheme as that long number two CB we’ve been looking for. Or leave him at Safety and play the 3 safety looks we like to play as well. I think he’s a real possibility in round two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Juan Thornhill. The more I watch of this guy the more I like him. I think he might be able to switch to CB and be a press man CB and would fit our scheme as that long number two CB we’ve been looking for. Or leave him at Safety and play the 3 safety looks we like to play as well. I think he’s a real possibility in round two

Easily my safety 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Easily my safety 1

I’m not sure if I’m there yet but for this team I’m starting to get there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×