Consensus Bust?

BleedTheClock

It seems like every year there is somebody that everyone HATES. A land mine, if you will, hiding among the 1st round prospects.

2015: People were low on Vic Beasley and Ereck Flowers

2016: People were low on Leonard Floyd

2017: People were low on Mitch Trubisky & Deshaun Watson

2018: People were low on Josh Allen

I haven't seen any prospect in the 1st round that is universally disliked this season. Do you find that to be the case or is the forum generally sour on one of the guys out there?

Picking a bust is rather difficult as everyone deciphers the world differently. Even a bust will probably have a good season here and there. A bust is a guy who did not perform up to his draft position and not someone who was flat out terrible. 

Candidates for busts this year IMO are DK Metcalf, Rashan Gary, and Drew Lock. Although is it possible Metcalf and Gary become studs? Absolutely. 

Metcalf shouldn’t be ranked much higher than other receivers IMO. If he’s drafted Top 15 I could likely see a bust label on him. 

Gary is a scary prospect. The biggest boom or bust in the draft. 

Lock is a 2nd Round Talent QB. If he goes in the 2nd, cool, even if he ends up as a low-end starter I wouldn’t call him a bust. If he goes Top 15? Probably gonna be a bust. 

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

See? 

I've seen more people who are low on Daniel Jones than Drew Lock.

The difference between Lock and Jones is Jones probably goes in the 2nd Round while someone might reach on Lock in the 1st. But yes Daniel Jones is extremely overrated. My 7th rated prospect in this years QB group. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I think Lock is absolute garbage. He has awful feet/mechanics and I just don’t get the hype one bit. 

He’s going to be a slightly, slightly better version of Jay Cutler. Which is still really bad. 

For me, it's DK Metcalf and Greedy Williams, and there seem to be some people pretty low on the latter one of those, at least.

Metcalf is a straight line runner, and I don't like his hands, while I think Greedy is about as close to polished as he's ever going to get.

Put Brian Burns on that list too.

Archived