Consensus Bust?

BleedTheClock

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

Even if Arizona passes (which is highly unlikely at this point given how much they've stupidly committed to him already), why would he go to Oakland?  Raiders management has done everything in their power to give their current quarterback a new plethora of win now pieces on offense (Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams, Trent Brown).  No team would do that if they werent set on rolling with what they already had, because Murray isnt ready to bring them back into contention from Day 1

I'm not falling for what I believe to be a smokescreen. It's as if every breath Murray takes is proof he's going to be the Number 1 pick or Kingsbury's past comments that lead others to believe that he is going #1. Until Rosen is dealt, Murray is not going to Arizona. The Raiders were shopping Carr at the combine, and Murray will sit for a year behind Carr and Murray will be the Raiders excuse to escape from Carr's contract. I don't think Arizona is committed to him. They want the Raiders or Giants to trade up to 1 to gain more picks.

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

I'm not falling for what I believe to be a smokescreen. It's as if every breath Murray takes is proof he's going to be the Number 1 pick or Kingsbury's past comments that lead others to believe that he is going #1. Until Rosen is dealt, Murray is not going to Arizona. The Raiders were shopping Carr at the combine, and Murray will sit for a year behind Carr and Murray will be the Raiders excuse to escape from Carr's contract. I don't think Arizona is committed to him. They want the Raiders or Giants to trade up to 1 to gain more picks.

And that wasn’t a smokescreen by the Raiders at the combine? 

5 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

I like the Offensive lines of Miami and Cincinatti better than the other 4. One may say, But the raiders improved their offensive line with the signing of Trent Brown. My thing is how will he play after earning a giant contract. Will he be the same player that was working his tail off for a big contract, or will he regress. It's happened to many players. I agree with you about Miami being a dumpster fire, but Kylers success depends on if he can get the right protection.

Oakland's offense should be solid next year. Adding AB, Williams, and Nelson will be huge for the passing game plus Crowell should be a decent signing as well. We have the draft capital to add another piece or two to the offense early in the draft this year too. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see us go WR, TE, or RB with one of our first 4 picks. 

On 3/31/2019 at 6:56 PM, BleedTheClock said:
On 3/31/2019 at 6:54 PM, taylor made said:

I'll add a name that hasn't been mentioned but after his horrible combine I think Jachai Polite has to be on this list

Agreed. He's a name many have soured on. That being said, I still like him and have a lot of hope for what he can be.

Thing is, he's already sinking to the 2nd sometimes even the 3rd on a lot of projections.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I wasn't. :S 

Closest things I see to "Universal busts" this season would be Dwayne Haskins and Rashan Gary

Seems like a lot of people like Haskins and I’m not entirely sure why. He’s bad deep, he’s bad on the sideline past 10 yards, he’s really bad under pressure, his release needs to be fixed, among other flaws. He has a strong arm, solid solid character, accurate within ten yards, and and accurate over the middle. 

It’s not that Haskins will be a bust but most real scouts have a 2nd Round Grade on him. Not all the media sites putting a 1st Round Grade on him. This is why nobody will be trading to Pick 2 to get him. And I think the Giants will pass on him at 6. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Seems like a lot of people like Haskins and I’m not entirely sure why. He’s bad deep, he’s bad on the sideline past 10 yards, he’s really bad under pressure, his release needs to be fixed, among other flaws. He has a strong arm, solid solid character, accurate within ten yards, and and accurate over the middle. 

It’s not that Haskins will be a bust but most real scouts have a 2nd Round Grade on him. Not all the media sites putting a 1st Round Grade on him. This is why nobody will be trading to Pick 2 to get him. And I think the Giants will pass on him at 6. 

The thing about Haskins is that he's the tallest midget (no offense to Kyler Murray). Honestly no QB is really all that promising this season. I'd be higher on Murray if he wasn't quite so small. For Murray's sake I hope he doesn't try to rely on his legs much in the pros because if he does it won't end well.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Thing is, he's already sinking to the 2nd sometimes even the 3rd on a lot of projections.

Yeah, Polite may have moved out of bust territory just be being taken way lower than originally projected.

That's my thing with Gary.  If he's taken between 10 and 20, then I think he's out of bust territory.  Expectations are lower there.  He did underperform at Michigan, but if you account for him being injured in 2018, then his production doesn't look so bad, and 2017 was way better.  I'd be happy if the Titans got him at 19.

Polite is the same way.  If he sticks around til the late 3rd and doesn't ever turn to a starter, it's hard to call him a bust, so long as he contributes, since you don't expect a third rounder to be a starting pass rusher.

That's why my favorite bust players are Metcalf, Greedy, and the quarterbacks, which are reached for more than any other position.

Just now, Danger said:

The thing about Haskins is that he's the tallest midget (no offense to Kyler Murray). Honestly no QB is really all that promising this season. I'd be higher on Murray if he wasn't quite so small. For Murray's sake I hope he doesn't try to rely on his legs much in the pros because if he does it won't end well.

Actuallt I think Murray is very promising. Besides body concerns such as height and weight, he has no flaws what so ever. He literally does everything perfect. Super accurate on all three levels, best release of this draft class (amazing how much it pops), top three arm easily, and was the best under pressure in college football. 

aairz8.jpg

kpaf4.jpg

Look at the perfect green circle for Murray. I’ve never seen a flawless QB graded by them before. He should go #1. Haskins should go around 35-40. But QBs get pushed up. 

Archived