More Accurate, Dak Or Quincy? (If They Were Both The Same Age And Playing Today, Then Who Would Be More Accurate?)

the lone star

More Accurate, Dak Or Quincy? (If They Were Both The Same Age And Playing Today, Then Who Would Be More Accurate?)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. If They Were Both The Same Age And Playing Today, Then Who Would Be More Accurate?

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This isnt a trade scenario. After seeing this garbage, I am pretty sure you are actually an Eagles fan. 

lol nah. Just not that big a fan of Dak, and although Quincy sucked, I am curious about what he could do in today's NFL. He's still worse than Dak though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Quincy was 16-15 with 1 playoff appearance
Dak is 32-16 with 2 playoff appearances

Quincy averaged 56.2% completion percentage, 188 passing yards per game, 1.0 total TDs per game, and a .8 TD/INT ratio
Dak averages 66.1% completion percentage, 227 passing yards per game, 1.8 total TDs per game, and a 2.7 TD/INT ratio

These 2 things are not similar.

The team's Dak has had are far superior to the ones back then.

20 minutes ago, the lone star said:

lol nah. Just not that big a fan of Dak, and although Quincy sucked, I am curious about what he could do in today's NFL. He's still worse than Dak though.

Probably about as much and Manziel. He could make it all the way into the bathroom for a line of coke. 

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Hmmm. Whole team, coaching staff included I dont think you can say "far superior."

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Probably about as much and Manziel. He could make it all the way into the bathroom for a line of coke. 

Hmmm. Whole team, coaching staff included I dont think you can say "far superior."

Far superior.

Emmitt at that point was really no more then a servicable starter, the OLine was a punchline compared to what we have now and both Galloway and Ismail were extremely overrated. Plus The rules were not nearlyt as favorable to passing offenses as they are now. Would I think Carter could do a better job then Dak in this offense? Probably not. But the question is was he more accurate and the answer is I do think he was a more accurate QB.

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Quincy was 16-15 with 1 playoff appearance
Dak is 32-16 with 2 playoff appearances

Quincy averaged 56.2% completion percentage, 188 passing yards per game, 1.0 total TDs per game, and a .8 TD/INT ratio
Dak averages 66.1% completion percentage, 227 passing yards per game, 1.8 total TDs per game, and a 2.7 TD/INT ratio

These 2 things are not similar.

QC only started 1 full season and we went 10-6 and made it to the playoffs. He averaged 206 passing yards per game. The 2001, 2002, 2003 Cowboys were WAY worse than the 2016, 2017, 2018 Cowboys outside of the QB position. There were also several rule changes relating to helping the passing game that Dak gets benefit from and QC did not.

I don't understand your second point. They both have poor stat lines, but Daks a little bit better? Cool. I said on page 1 that Dak is the better QB, and cited QCs poor stats as a reason. But Dak doesn't put up big numbers either especially considering all QBs today are averaging much higher volume than QBs 20 years ago. It is true that we win games despite our QB not putting up big numbers, and sometimes down right embarrassing stat lines. Kind of like 2003.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

There is no doubt in my mind that this team is by far more talented than in 2003.

You also cant compare stats as the passing rules have changed dramatically and are in more favour of the offense than it's ever been.

Is Dak the overall better player, ya, I would even say by quite a large margin. Not even worth comparing.

However, if we are strictly talking accuracy, let's not act like were comparing Jamarcus Russell to Troy Aikman.

Dak isnt an accurate QB. Regardless of his completion percentage, his percentage is inflated due to check downs. He is too inconsistent putting the ball into tight windows and his ball placement is erratic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I have trouble believing that you believe Dak and Quincy are comparable players. But if you do, there’s not point in arguing with you. We don’t exist in the same planes of reality.

I'm actually responding to both you and the OP when he asked who is more "accurate". Not comparing them as players.

I've never seen Dak win an accuracy contest. But he is the better QB. No one is arguing otherwise that I can tell.

Dak wins the QB argument by simply being available and drug free. QC only managed 1 full season in his career 

• Like 1

I think this is silly, but it's a good chance to note that completion percentage isn't actually a reasonable proxy for accuracy- it's more of a function of your offensive design. Dak simultaneously holds the ball longer and throws it shorter than almost every single other QB, an abysmal combination that will yield an inflated completion percentage.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I think this is silly, but it's a good chance to note that completion percentage isn't actually a reasonable proxy for accuracy- it's more of a function of your offensive design. Dak simultaneously holds the ball longer and throws it shorter than almost every single other QB, an abysmal combination that will yield an inflated completion percentage.

Let's see what a young college minded OC does for him.

SL needs a pocket passer like Stafford or Bulger for his system to work.  Maybe KM/JG can come up with something better.

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

QC only started 1 full season and we went 10-6 and made it to the playoffs. He averaged 206 passing yards per game. The 2001, 2002, 2003 Cowboys were WAY worse than the 2016, 2017, 2018 Cowboys outside of the QB position. There were also several rule changes relating to helping the passing game that Dak gets benefit from and QC did not.

I don't understand your second point. They both have poor stat lines, but Daks a little bit better? Cool. I said on page 1 that Dak is the better QB, and cited QCs poor stats as a reason. But Dak doesn't put up big numbers either especially considering all QBs today are averaging much higher volume than QBs 20 years ago. It is true that we win games despite our QB not putting up big numbers, and sometimes down right embarrassing stat lines. Kind of like 2003.

2 hours ago, CAPJ said:

There is no doubt in my mind that this team is by far more talented than in 2003.

Ok, we want to have dumb arguments, lets have a really effing dumb argument. Before we start, I concede passing rules favor Dak. But lets go, 2003 v 2018 opening day rosters. I am using opening day rosters as that is the most fair way to view the team. If you want to add Cooper, you must acknowledge that DAK WAS A TOP 10 QB AFTER COOPER. You must type out "Dak is a top 10 QB". Lets go:

Pos - 2003 - 2018 - winner

HC - Parcells - Garrett - 2003

QB - the position of debate

RB - Hambrick - Elliot - 2018

WR1 - Galloway - D Thompson - 2003

WR 2 - Glenn - Williams - 2003

TE - Cambell - Swaim - 2003

LT - Adams - Smith - 2018

LG - Allen - Williams - 2003

C - Lehr - Looney - Push

RG - Gurode - Martin - 2018

RT - Young - Collins - 2018

2003 = 5 wins 

2018 = 4 wins

So infact you are all wrong the 2003 offense had *MORE* talent.