More Accurate, Dak Or Quincy? (If They Were Both The Same Age And Playing Today, Then Who Would Be More Accurate?)

the lone star

More Accurate, Dak Or Quincy? (If They Were Both The Same Age And Playing Today, Then Who Would Be More Accurate?)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. If They Were Both The Same Age And Playing Today, Then Who Would Be More Accurate?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Oh yeah? Which ones would you change? Because easily means one would have to be a landslide. Show me the landslide. 

Even with Looney... look at that OL.

Hambrick vs. Zeke? That's a more egregious foul than QC vs Dak.

Dak went 8 Games without Cooper and was terrible. Definitely better afterwards and I'll eat crow there. But Cooper is better than Cowboys Galloway or Ismael. 

Dan Campbell at that point in his career wasn't much better than Swaim/Jarwin/Schultz

Last years defense vs. 2003? Very close. That would be a good debate. I'm inclined to side with 2003

Just now, DaBoys said:

Even with Looney... look at that OL.

Hambrick vs. Zeke? That's a more egregious foul than QC vs Dak.

Dak went 8 Games without Cooper and was terrible. Definitely better afterwards and I'll eat crow there. But Cooper is better than Cowboys Galloway or Ismael. 

Dan Campbell at that point in his career wasn't much better than Swaim/Jarwin/Schultz

Last years defense vs. 2003? Very close. That would be a good debate. I'm inclined to side with 2003

That OL is surprisingly decent I thought. I forgot Flozell, Larry Allen and Gurode were all on that team. 3 quality starters. The same as the 2018 team. 

Hambrick to Zeke is a very steep dropoff. But the RB is the least important position right? 

Cambell might not be much better, but he was better. But you are right, lets use it as a group. Campbell & Jason Witten >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Swiam/Jarwin. Thats much more fair right? 

So basically we can all agree:

Coaching => Strong 2003

RB => strong 2018

WR => Slight 2003

TE => Strong 2003

OL =>  2018, but not by a large margin. That 2003 group has some probowl/all pro dudes even after 2003.

Again, its clear that 2003 had the better group. In no way could you possibly say its 2018, unless you value the RB more than Coaching, WRs and TEs. 

26 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Was a top 10 QB? This isn't about who's the better player. And LOL that 2003 offense being better then that 2018 one.

He was top 10 in:

Passer rating

Yards per a game

Yards per attempt

Completion percentage

TD/INT ratio

Wins

What is there to debate? He was top 10. Also, everything is listed. Please tell me where I am wrong. 2003 was littered with all pros, probowlers and even a HOFer or 3. 2018 started Deonte Thompson as their #1 WR on opening day. 

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Accuracy? Cauuuuuuse that's the debate of the topic.

No no no. Dont strawman this. You brought up that 2003 was deft of talent when compared to 2018. You cant tuck tail and run when presented facts. 

You said "The team's Dak has had are far superior to the ones back then"

Lets debate that topic. 

51 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That OL is surprisingly decent I thought. I forgot Flozell, Larry Allen and Gurode were all on that team. 3 quality starters. The same as the 2018 team. 

Just stop. Guorde sucked at center. Tony Romo even made fun him not to long ago. And get this, he got BETTER when moved to center. He was still screwing things up at OG in 2003.

You think this:

LT Flozell Adams

LG Larry Allen age 32

C Matt Lehr

RG Andre Gurode

RT Kurt Vollers

Is comparable to our 2018 line? I see the entire right side from center over as a disaster, and then two guys on the left that were good, but Flo wasn't near the pass blocker that Tyron is. I'd take the 2018 OL every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I wonder which one Dak would prefer if we asked him? Lol

Hambrick to Zeke is a very steep dropoff. But the RB is the least important position right? 

Not to QBs like Dak and QC.  Zeke has been pretty important to Dak these last 3 years. QC had Hambrick to lean on. Huge advantage Dak. Monumental. I can't imagine Dak would have that fondly remembered and often referenced rookie year without Zeke. In fact Dak said the award should be split. So I guess the RB is pretty important to Dak.

Cambell might not be much better, but he was better. But you are right, lets use it as a group. Campbell & Jason Witten >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Swiam/Jarwin. Thats much more fair right? 

Huh?

So basically we can all agree:

Coaching => Strong 2003

RB => strong 2018

WR => 2018

TE => push

OL =>  2018, by a large margin. 

Fify

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No no no. Dont scamper away. You brought up that 2003 was deft of talent when compared to 2018. You cant tuck tail and run when presented facts. 

RB

2003<<<2018

WR

2003<2018

TE

2003<2018

OL

2003<<2018

Only reason why there isn't a much larger gap between the OL-ine is because of Larry Allen. The talent was superior, I know you love to think Dak only plays with scrubs but it's just not true.

@DaBoys Jason Witten was the #2 TE in 2003 goofball. 

Larry Adams was on the all 2000 team, so yes, he was still great in 2003 probowler even. I bet the 2003 OL were better pass blockers. 

There is no justification of the 2018 WRs being comparable to the 2003 group unless you include Cooper, which is unfair and you know it. Even then, you have to discount the games Cooper missed. From top to bottom 2003>2018 over a full 16 games. 

You saying the TEs are a push just shows how far you have gone off the deepend. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

RB

2003<<<2018

WR

2003<2018

TE

2003<2018

OL

2003<<2018

Only reason why there isn't a much larger gap between the OL-ine is because of Larry Allen. The talent was superior, I know you love to think Dak only plays with scrubs but it's just not true.

Weve got another one who is ridiculous. Witten and Cambell are worse than Swim and Jawrin? Are you f*cking insane?

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@DaBoys Jason Witten was the #2 TE in 2003 goofball. 

Larry Adams was on the all 2000 team, so yes, he was still great in 2003 probowler even. I bet the 2003 OL were better pass blockers. 

You think Flozell Adams was the superior pass blocker to Tyron Smith? And I love Larry Allen but I'm not sure I can say he is for sure a better pass blocker than Zack Martin. Matt Leher, Andre Gurode, and Kurt Vollers were terrible. Looney over Leher, Williams over Gurode, LaEl Collins over Vollers.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Weve got another one who is ridiculous. Witten and Cambell are worse than Swim and Jawrin? Are you f*cking insane?

If we were comparing careers. Then yes I would be, but the year is 2003. I would Jarwin this year as well as Swaim were better players then Witten was his rookie year and Dan who was on the downside of his career.

Archived