How Much Weight Do You Give PFF Grades?

the lone star

5 minutes ago, the lone star said:

did that happen?

No. But I feel like they have position rankings and there is always some backup you have never heard of who is sitting in between 5 Pro-Bowlers and they have really good players ranked on the middle of the pack for some reason.

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Should we start our own stat site? Ironically PFF was started by 3-4 guys who posted on a football forum back in ‘09 (could of been this one) who thought current stats weren’t enough (which is true). 

I'm down. Let's start with punters please. I'm really into punting. 

The less a position can be measured by stats or is shown on screen, the more I rely on their PFF grade. That's not to say I am ever purely relying on stats, or purely relying on PFF grades, they're both tools to use in the player evaluating arsenal, but I'm simply not watching every game or paying attention to individual linemen so both play a big role for me.

Should be noted I consider the PFF grades as merely evaluations from 1 party, if that makes sense. 

I'll take their grades over someone else's opinion on players that are not on their favorite team. 

I do like their draft stuff too.

It's not that big of a deal for me cause I don't really care about discussing football that much. It's just like oh that's interesting, now let's see how this plays out.

I like the guys from PFF.

It's one of the more useful gauges on a players ability, but for the people in power, character and scheme go into it too.

Might not be a fair representative of every position, but it's a very useful tool at the very least.

Archived