Only Mock and forget drafting back!

Big T

We all know that the Jets weak spot is and has been for years ER. So here they are with the 3rd pick in the draft and it is highly likely that 2 elite prospects will be available for them to draft. Of the 2 Bosa and Allen I would lean more toward Allen. Just my preference, I like what I see from him in space and I believe the upside from him is unlimited. 

The Jets should not in my opinion draft down, not unless it is within a few picks, say the Giants and only if one of the said ER are available. Stupid is as stupid does, the Jets would be stupid to pass up on a need they have lacked for a decade or more.

The Jets also since the retirement or should I say the forced retirement of Mangold have passed the past few years on the center position which IMHO has been a grave mistake. Mangold was the General of the OL. The Jets desperately need to fill this hole as well as other positions along the OL.

Big Mac has had a poor record when drafting or should I say neglecting the OL, this needs to be remedied asap, I'm ready to give him credit for the FA OL he has dealt for as well as some trades. But on the whole he has neglected the OL in the draft. Not to mention his draft record is poor with the exception of last years class which has had some positive returns.

So here's the mock draft without trading down, one last item, if the Jets want to acquire future picks or a 4th or 5th rounder, let them pack up Lee or other so called assets which have not lived up to their hype and move on.

Winning teams don't draft with the idea that one day some prospect will turn out to be a NFL player, winning teams draft players who they believe can step right in, the Jets have no need of projects or diamonds in the rough, B.S.

3. Josh Allen ER

68.Elgton Jenkins  C

93.Beau Benzschawel   OG  /Yodny Cajuste OL / Andy Isabella  WR  (I Love this guy, and I think he will be a star in the NFL, he killed it at the SB)

Note the following picks will depend on what the Jets do at 93, but if the Jets go WR, than I can see OL at 4 if not we draft for need.

105  Kendall Sheffield                 CB     

196 Ryquell Armstead.  RB (The Jets have been all over the RB class during the draft process so I think they will bring one in having spoken to about 15 of them)

217 Marquise Blair S (The Jets will look to add some special teams talent and someone to play safety as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if Safety went in the 3rd round depending how the draft falls)

I said years ago to a fellow Jets fan when they traded Abraham that it would take years for us to find another pass rusher.  Low and behold 14 years later we still don't have one.  So I agree with your post and if our first three picks played out that way I would be happy.

On 4/1/2019 at 6:55 PM, JetsFan15 said:

I said years ago to a fellow Jets fan when they traded Abraham that it would take years for us to find another pass rusher.  Low and behold 14 years later we still don't have one.  So I agree with your post and if our first three picks played out that way I would be happy.

I also agree

While I think Allen is the better player vs. Bosa, would trading down a few spots and getting Sweat or Burns and picking up a 2nd so we can better address the OL be so horrible?  I guess what I am saying is we can address EL with a really good player while still adding a top rated C or OG.

Archived