Emmanuel Ogbah Traded to the Chiefs

goldfishwars

Just now, candyman93 said:

Ogbah just didn’t work out here. He got worse every year since his rookie year and I can’t explain it. I thought he’d be better going from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and I was horribly wrong.

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Completely going to disagree here. He was good his second year prior to injury and this year it felt like he was misused being inside a decent amount. Pass rushers do take time and by no means am I saying hes great but I think for a guy who only started playing in college I still think he has a chance to put it together

Are the Cheifs going to a 4-3 because if they are in a 3-4 I cant really see him being worth much.

Just now, ohiogenius said:

Completely going to disagree here. He was good his second year prior to injury and this year it felt like he was misused being inside a decent amount. Pass rushers do take time and by no means am I saying hes great but I think for a guy who only started playing in college I still think he has a chance to put it together

Are the Cheifs going to a 4-3 because if they are in a 3-4 I cant really see him being worth much.

Being misused inside? It’s because he didn’t do **** on the outside.

2 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

This is a solid move. The 2 things it does is: 1) opens up the draft for KC. 2) actually frees up $600-700K in cap space

Seems like the upside is all on KC's side. I don't get the motivation for Cleveland, other than the GM wanting erase all memory of the previous regime. 

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Seems like the upside is all on KC's side. I don't get the motivation for Cleveland, other than the GM wanting erase all memory of the previous regime. 

I think that’s where it starts. Dorsey drafted Murray, didn’t draft Ogbah. Add in the acquisition of Vernon and shipping out Peppers, makes sense on both sides. 

Get a olayer back to fill ill the void and ship out a player you no longer want

10 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

The motivation is:

2016- 5.5

2017- 4

2018- 3

29 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Their DC is a 4-3 guy, so yes.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:
47 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

How did the Chiefs get anything for Eric Murray! He's awful!

Fun fact: he was taken with the pick we traded to move up for Aguayo.

I imagine this is not a fun fact for Bucs or Chiefs fans

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ogbah just didn’t work out here. He got worse every year since his rookie year and I can’t explain it. I thought he’d be better going from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and I was horribly wrong.

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

He isn't good at QB pressures or sacks but it is disrespectful to give him the plays like Jane title. He is an effort guy his skill set just isn't great in the NFL. Ran a faster 40 time than Myles Garrett but doesn't bend like Garrett or have the quickness of Garrett. He would be great in certain systems like the old Steeler system where you take on blockers and let the LBs get the pressure and then do your part against the run and pick up an occasional sack. He also had a few sacks and forced fumbles taken off the board this year doe to other players' penalties. He is great at getting his hands up and batting balls.

49 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

How did the Chiefs get anything for Eric Murray! He's awful!

Murray was the 52nd ranked safety according to PFF last year....The guy who he is replacing (Derrick Kindred) was ranked 91st.

While he is probably going to be taking Kindreds role of 3rd rotational Safety, I fully expect the Browns to bring in another rookie somewhat early in the draft to compete with him for the starting gig.

Archived