Emmanuel Ogbah to be traded

BleedTheClock

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Hate this

Yeah I liked him. Unless we get a starter back for him in a trade, I'd rather have just kept him around. The compensation will likely be something underwhelming. Like we send Ogbah and a 7th and get back a 4th.

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I liked him. Unless we get a starter back for him in a trade, I'd rather have just kept him around. The compensation will likely be something underwhelming. Like we send Ogbah and a 7th and get back a 4th.

Yeah I guess I don't hate it yet, just that I don't believe we will get much for him and d-line depth is very important.

Like I said in the News forum, I don't see the point in trading him unless we get good compensation (at least a fourth), which I doubt we will. Obgah turned out to be a mediocre starter, but would make for a good third DE. Unless we get at least a fourth or a solid player in return, then I think we're better off keeping him as depth and letting him walk when his contract is up.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guess I don’t really have an opinion until I hear what we get in return.

With everyone knowing we have no leverage have to think we'll be getting 2 or 3 bags of cool ranch or zesty doritos and a box of fireball yo-yo's in return for a run stuffing young athletic DE that was misused as a 34, 5-tech year 1, used properly year 2 on pace for 7 sacks and top 5 run stuffs at DE then just got hurt, year 3 used primarily as an interior rusher and run down strong side end.

Dorsey's only problem is that he makes known to the public that which disgruntles the rumor to be traded player "Duke is not expendable YET" .. taking away the teams leverage and likely forcing us down the path of waiving a player.

Truthfully, if we even got a 6th at this point I'd be stunned.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

With everyone knowing we have no leverage have to think we'll be getting 2 or 3 bags of cool ranch or zesty doritos and a box of fireball yo-yo's in return for a run stuffing young athletic DE that was misused as a 34, 5-tech year 1, used properly year 2 on pace for 7 sacks and top 5 run stuffs at DE then just got hurt, year 3 used primarily as an interior rusher and run down strong side end.

Dorsey's only problem is that he makes known to the public that which disgruntles the rumor to be traded player "Duke is not expendable YET" .. taking away the teams leverage and likely forcing us down the path of waiving a player.

I’d guess he’d be traded for another player.

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Like I said in the News forum, I don't see the point in trading him unless we get good compensation (at least a fourth), which I doubt we will. Obgah turned out to be a mediocre starter, but would make for a good third DE. Unless we get at least a fourth or a solid player in return, then I think we're better off keeping him as depth and letting him walk when his contract is up.

You can't keep a player that won't report b/c they are pissed hearing public trade rumors. Dorsey has been amazing but he botched the Duke and Ogbah stuff

13 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

What could Dorsey have done differently?

He traded for Vernon.  Ogbah is of course in the convo about being moved.

He signed Hunt.  Duke is now in the convo about getting moved.

Doing a public vote of confidence for either or both player is pretty useless, imo.

Archived