Draft Prospect RB's Who Fit Physical Profile For Bears Offense

soulman

37 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I said a while back, if healthy he is a solid pick up. I'd swing a 5th for him if he was going to make a decent recovery. He might be out this season but 3 years on a small rookie wage with with potential makes it a great risk/reward ratio. 

He's claiming to be ready by the middle of camp.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

He's claiming to be ready by the middle of camp.

What?! Sign me TF up if that is even remotely close to accurate. 

I didn't heal up as quickly from any of my ACL surgeries, so it's hard for me to wrap my head around people bouncing back like that. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

What?! Sign me TF up if that is even remotely close to accurate. 

I didn't heal up as quickly from any of my ACL surgeries, so it's hard for me to wrap my head around people bouncing back like that. 

That's the word, had his surgery in December. Personally, I'd PUP him and get him back after week 6. You can roll with Davis/Cohen/Whomever in the interim.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Huh? 

Yeah, no way. Dude is making something like $7 mil a year to be average and still not fit what it seems the team is looking for. He doesn't have great hands (why they used Yeldon over him on so many passing downs), can't stay healthy, and while he isn't fun to try to tackle head on he still doesn't make people miss often in the open field.

He was overhyped, and I'd rather have kept Howard over trading for Fournette, even if only for a 7th. You get the same limitations in his playstyle but better durability and 1/3 the cost.

2 hours ago, soulman said:

Pace took a gamble on Eddie Jackson and it paid off so I would not rule Love out unless we have him flagged because of his injuries.

His ankles worry me more than his ACL, tbh.... That and overall durability...  Even so, he's supposed to be an incredibly high character person, and it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't on Pace's board for that reason alone.

• Like 1

I'm more at the stage of looking for 5th round prospects at RB and Love has to be on that list...Darwin Thompson who is similar to Cohen in skill set...Mike Weber who is similar to Davis in his skill set...James Williams who is an outstanding receiver...Ryquell Armstead who would be a bigger power back...Tony Pollard who might be the most versatile of all these backs...Alexander Mattison who is just Spencer Ware...Karan Higdon even makes sense if we look a little later...

All these guys offer a skill set that Nagy could use and let us focus on a primer position earlier.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Epyon said:

His ankles worry me more than his ACL, tbh.... That and overall durability...  Even so, he's supposed to be an incredibly high character person, and it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't on Pace's board for that reason alone.

Maybe the durability issue is best addressed by the fact that he won't be used as an every down back.

But just to show how far the NFL has come in term of physical size Love is roughly the same size as Walter Payton was. 5'9"/200lbs vs 5'10"/202lbs.

Like Madmike I'm wondering if Love's injury issue and questions about how soon he'll be 100% and will he still have all of his speed and burst may not drop him as far as the 5th round.

I can't recall.  Have Pace and Nagy ever met with him or had him in Chicago for an interview?

27 minutes ago, soulman said:

Maybe the durability issue is best addressed by the fact that he won't be used as an every down back.

But just to show how far the NFL has come in term of physical size Love is roughly the same size as Walter Payton was. 5'9"/200lbs vs 5'10"/202lbs.

Like Madmike I'm wondering if Love's injury issue and questions about how soon he'll be 100% and will he still have all of his speed and burst may not drop him as far as the 5th round.

I can't recall.  Have Pace and Nagy ever met with him or had him in Chicago for an interview?

From what I've gathered we've only met him at the Combine.

11 minutes ago, G08 said:

From what I've gathered we've only met him at the Combine.

Thanks brother.  I didn't recall a visit but they've had so many I've lost track.

I also don't put any stock in the fact they haven't had him visit.  From all I can tell the kid is like an A++ character type and a short meet up at the Combine could have confirmed that.  He couldn't do any of the drills so there was nothing to go over as far as that was concerned.

If Pace knows what he has in him and his injuries haven't caused him to flag him he could simply be looking away so as not to tip other teams off about his interest.  He's become a pretty good poker player when it comes to his picks.

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm more at the stage of looking for 5th round prospects at RB and Love has to be on that list...Darwin Thompson who is similar to Cohen in skill set...Mike Weber who is similar to Davis in his skill set...James Williams who is an outstanding receiver...Ryquell Armstead who would be a bigger power back...Tony Pollard who might be the most versatile of all these backs...Alexander Mattison who is just Spencer Ware...Karan Higdon even makes sense if we look a little later...

All these guys offer a skill set that Nagy could use and let us focus on a primer position earlier.

Yep. At that point IMO you take someone with a single outstanding trait you try to exploit. Love has speed and potential, for power you have Barnes, Snell, and Holyfield,  Pollard is a great utility guy for mismatches, etc. 

I'm thinking if doing a mock with a tradeback to get more  swings. I think BAL has 2 4th rounders.