CB HAMP CHEEVERS
BOSTON COLLEGE
213: R6P40
S MIKE EDWARDS
KENTUCKY
223: R7P9
RB TONY POLLARD
MEMPHIS

• I'm higher on Dillard than most on this site, and with Haskins, Oliver, and White gone I got for the franchise LT.  Start the year off with Glenn and Hart, but when Glenn inevitably gets hurt or Hart inevitably sucks, you slide in Dillard and leave him there the next 12 years.  Isn't a dominator in the run game, but this jusplay is a passing league.
  • Simmons is a value play.  He's likely an IR guy rookie year, but is a top 15 talent in this draft.  Geno is getting older and while it doesn't help this year much, the future of the DL will be built around Simmons.
  • Cashman fills the need of a coverage LB, but also has upside to be a very good every down LB with a little seasoning.  His role in the nickel and on special teams give good instant value
  • Hardeman is very raw, but his athleticism is off the charts.  Instant value as a return man and can work in as WR4 or WR5 now out of the slot with future upside.  Should work him like KC does Tyreke Hill.
  • Rypien is drafted as a long term backup with some upside.  Is an upgrade from Driskel and won't prevent the Bengals from grabbing a QB in 2020.
  • Moreau falls to this spot to be our in line TE with receiving upside.
  • Hyatt was known as Mr Dependable at Clemson.  Can backup every OL spot except C.
  • Cominsky is a small school upside pick at edge.  Likely PS member year one but he has some athletic upside.
  • Cheevers is short, but has crazy long arms and good ball skills.  Good value here to come in and compete.
  • Edwards is a local guy who played at UK and had a nice year.  Good guy to have on the PS or maybe he surprises.
  • Pollard is a late round guy that Goodberry likes.  Thought about taking Mike Weber over Rypien in rd 5, but I figured QB2 was a bigger need than RB3.

I'll probably ;llike it way more in two years.

Dillard will sit behind Glenn and Hart.

Simmons on IR/PUP

Cashman only helps with ST, maybe a bit in the rotation

Hardemon would have to leapfrog Phillips and Erickson for the returner's role.  I actually think he wpuld be a great replacement for Core.

Hyatt sits.

Moreau only sees time when Eifert is out.

I think you get the gist.  Not enough immediate return for me this year.  If we are in a true rebuild, fine,.  But we aren't

Outside of LB, almost no one we draft is going to get significant snaps this year.  WR will be behind AJ, Boyd, and Ross.  OL will be behind Glenn/Boling/Price/Miller/Hart.  Any QB likely gets the Carson Palmer treatment for a year behind Dalton.  TE will be behind Eifert and Uzomah (although both of them are move TE's and Moreau fills a need as an inline TE/blocker).  DE's will be behind Dunlap and Hubbard/Lawson, DT's behind Billings and Geno.  S's behind Bates/Williams/Fejedelum.  CB's behind Jackson/Dre/Dennard/Webb.  Almost anyone we draft outside of LB is going to have limited reps.  Going all in on one position come hell or high water is how we got Price at what most people even at the time considered a reach, and looks even worse now with Daniels outplaying Price in their rookie year's.  Outside of White/Bush, anyone else we pick is likely to not be an insta-starter.

My hope is that Dillard impresses in camp enough to move Glenn to RT and step in day 1 as the LT.  His pass pro is NFL ready, question is if the run blocking will be strong enough.  Cashman will be on the field over 50% of the defensive snaps if he is a LB in the nickel package, which we will be in the most of any formation.  Hardeman is an elite level athlete.  He'll find a niche right away and build from there.  Hyatt is purely a depth play.  Given Dalton's injury history, an upgrade over Driskel at QB likely provides some 2019 results, and gives us an idea if we have anything more than a long term backup going into 2020.

26 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

OL will be behind Glenn/Boling/Price/Miller/Hart. 

DE's will be behind Dunlap and Hubbard/Lawson, DT's behind Billings and Geno. 

S's behind Bates/Williams/Fejedelum.

Disagree with these statements:

• Miller and more specifically Hart should not be guaranteed starters.  For Hart specifically, if we take a OT in the first two rounds they can easily take the starting RT position.
  • Michael Johnson played 467 snaps last season.  Jordan Willis hopefully will improve but he played 537 snaps.  That's over 1,000 DE snaps that we can improve upon.  Yes, a healthy Carl Lawson will take 400-500 of those (he played 225 last season), but that still leaves about 500 DE snaps.
  • I've already stated how much impact a guy like Ed Oliver playing even 500 snaps at DT could have on the team.
  • Team surprised last season with taking Bates and playing him a significant amount of snaps.  Teams are moving towards more "big nickel" packages where there's 3 safeties on the field.  So I could definitely see a shift (especially with how bad our LBs are), where we play one less LB and one more Safety in defensive packages...
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Disagree with these statements:

• Miller and more specifically Hart should not be guaranteed starters.  For Hart specifically, if we take a OT in the first two rounds they can easily take the starting RT position.
  • Michael Johnson played 467 snaps last season.  Jordan Willis hopefully will improve but he played 537 snaps.  That's over 1,000 DE snaps that we can improve upon.  Yes, a healthy Carl Lawson will take 400-500 of those (he played 225 last season), but that still leaves about 500 DE snaps.
  • I've already stated how much impact a guy like Ed Oliver playing even 500 snaps at DT could have on the team.
  • Team surprised last season with taking Bates and playing him a significant amount of snaps.  Teams are moving towards more "big nickel" packages where there's 3 safeties on the field.  So I could definitely see a shift (especially with how bad our LBs are), where we play one less LB and one more Safety in defensive packages...

Oliver was gone by 11.

Miller and Hart shouldn't be guaranteed starters, but when Mike Brown pays someone, they tend to start right or wrong.  I'll believe that until proven otherwise.

I'd love to be surprised like I was with Bates, i'm just not counting on it.

17 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:
  •  

I agree.  If they take a tackle in Rd 1 or 2, that guy is going to start.  Hart is being paid fringe starter money because the market is jacked.  There aren't 64 starting tackles in the league by ability, so they felt like they had to pay Hart to at least have starter #64.

If they take a tackle #11, that guy is going to start barring some bad injury or a really really really bad camp.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Oliver was gone by 11.

Miller and Hart shouldn't be guaranteed starters, but when Mike Brown pays someone, they tend to start right or wrong.  I'll believe that until proven otherwise.

I'd love to be surprised like I was with Bates, i'm just not counting on it.

I agree but if we take an OT in round 1 or 2, that narrative goes out the window.  Right now I think we take one of the Devins or an OT at #11...

In the middle of GM’ing Cinci in a mock here,  thoughts? What’s left?  Traded back quite a bit, still looking at IOL and another guy for rotating at IDL.  What’s your biggest need left?

11 pick in the 1st round the Cincinnati Bengals select: Montez Sweat, DE

32 pick in the 2nd round the Cincinnati Bengals select: *David Edwards, RT

9 pick in the 3rd round the Cincinnati Bengals select: Yodny Cajuste, LT

23 pick in the 3rd round the Cincinnati Bengals select: Blake Cashman, OLB

Round: 4th Pick: 8 Overall: 110 | Cincinnati Bengals

Round: 4th Pick: 22 Overall: 124 | Cincinnati Bengals

Round: 6th Pick: 10 Overall: 183 | Cincinnati Bengals

Round: 6th Pick: 26 Overall: 198 | Cincinnati Bengals

Round: 6th* Pick: 38 Overall: 210 | Cincinnati Bengals

Round: 6th* Pick: 39 Overall: 211 | Cincinnati Bengals

Round: 6th* Pick: 41 Overall: 213 | Cincinnati Bengals

Round: 7th Pick: 9 Overall: 223 | Cincinnati Bengals

I like this one I did today on Fanspeak

• It was either Haskins, Dillard, or Bush at 11, I go with the new franchise QB
  • Lawrence is a value pick.  He's a top 15 kind of raw talent.  The Bengals like taking chances on guys like that.
  • Cajuste is a good developmental OT pick that can push Bobby Hart from day one and is hopefully ready for the inevitable Cordy Glenn injury.
  • Burr-Kirven in rd 4 is a much better value than Bush at 11 to me.  He'll pair with Vigil to be the nickel LB's right away.
  • Sample was the best rated run blocking TE in college football last year and has upside as a receiver.
  • Renfrow has some of the best hands in the draft, worth a shot with a rd 6 pick
  • Hyatt was known as Mr Dependable, can back up the entire OL except C right away.
  • Gustin is a raw talent guy who the Bengals try to see if they can get more out of
  • Van Ginkle comes out of a program known for churning out NFL LBs, can slot in behind Preston Brown
  • Sheffield is another talented athlete, could be a good special teams player with some upside as a CB
  • Weber in rd 7 would be a steal and likely is RB3
11: R1P11
QB DWAYNE HASKINS
OHIO STATE
42: R2P10
DL DEXTER LAWRENCE
CLEMSON
72: R3P8
OT YODNY CAJUSTE
WEST VIRGINIA
110: R4P8
LB BEN BURR-KIRVEN
WASHINGTON
149: R5P11
TE DREW SAMPLE
WASHINGTON
183: R6P10
WR HUNTER RENFROW
CLEMSON
198: R6P25
OT MITCH HYATT
CLEMSON
210: R6P37
EDGE PORTER GUSTIN
USC
211: R6P38
LB ANDREW VAN GINKEL
WISCONSIN
CB KENDALL SHEFFIELD
OHIO STATE
RB MIKE WEBER
OHIO STATE
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I like this one I did today on Fanspeak

• It was either Haskins, Dillard, or Bush at 11, I go with the new franchise QB
  • Lawrence is a value pick.  He's a top 15 kind of raw talent.  The Bengals like taking chances on guys like that.
  • Cajuste is a good developmental OT pick that can push Bobby Hart from day one and is hopefully ready for the inevitable Cordy Glenn injury.
  • Burr-Kirven in rd 4 is a much better value than Bush at 11 to me.  He'll pair with Vigil to be the nickel LB's right away.
  • Sample was the best rated run blocking TE in college football last year and has upside as a receiver.
  • Renfrow has some of the best hands in the draft, worth a shot with a rd 6 pick
  • Hyatt was known as Mr Dependable, can back up the entire OL except C right away.
  • Gustin is a raw talent guy who the Bengals try to see if they can get more out of
  • Van Ginkle comes out of a program known for churning out NFL LBs, can slot in behind Preston Brown
  • Sheffield is another talented athlete, could be a good special teams player with some upside as a CB
  • Weber in rd 7 would be a steal and likely is RB3
QB DWAYNE HASKINS
OHIO STATE
DL DEXTER LAWRENCE
CLEMSON
OT YODNY CAJUSTE
WEST VIRGINIA
LB BEN BURR-KIRVEN
WASHINGTON
TE DREW SAMPLE
WASHINGTON
WR HUNTER RENFROW
CLEMSON
OT MITCH HYATT
CLEMSON
EDGE PORTER GUSTIN
USC
LB ANDREW VAN GINKEL
WISCONSIN
CB KENDALL SHEFFIELD
OHIO STATE
RB MIKE WEBER
OHIO STATE

Would personally be ecstatic with this haul!

Someone done broke the Fanspeak

DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
OT GREG LITTLE
MISSISSIPPI
LB BLAKE CASHMAN
MINNESOTA
QB RYAN FINLEY
NC STATE
TE DREW SAMPLE
WASHINGTON
LB SIONE TAKITAKI
BYU
RB TONY POLLARD
MEMPHIS
WR TERRY GODWIN
GEORGIA
CB BLACE BROWN
TROY
EDGE PORTER GUSTIN
USC
OT MARTEZ IVEY
FLORIDA

Update on the Final outcome on the Bengals draft.    Big run on TE's in Round 4 knocked out pretty much any draftable TE's.

1.11 Montez Sweat  DE Mississippi St.
2.64 David Edwards OT Wisconsin
3.72 Yodny Cajuste OT West Virginia
3.86 Blake Cashman LB Minnesota
4.11 Renell Wren DT  Arizona St.
4.124 Mecole Hardman WR Georgia
6.183 Diontae Johnson WR Toledo
6.198 Josiah Tauaefa LB UTSA
6.21 Xavier Crawford CB Central Michigan
6.211 Nick Fitzgerald TE/QB Ole Miss
6.213 Jordan Scarlett RB Florida
7.223 Derrek Thomas  CB Baylor

15 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Update on the Final outcome on the Bengals draft.    Big run on TE's in Round 4 knocked out pretty much any draftable TE's.

1.11 Montez Sweat  DE Mississippi St.
2.64 David Edwards OT Wisconsin
3.72 Yodny Cajuste OT West Virginia
3.86 Blake Cashman LB Minnesota
4.11 Renell Wren DT  Arizona St.
4.124 Mecole Hardman WR Georgia
6.183 Diontae Johnson WR Toledo
6.198 Josiah Tauaefa LB UTSA
6.21 Xavier Crawford CB Central Michigan
6.211 Nick Fitzgerald TE/QB Ole Miss
6.213 Jordan Scarlett RB Florida
7.223 Derrek Thomas  CB Baylor

Not bad.  I'm not super high on Sweat, but I get the reasoning.  Like the trade down in 2 to get an extra 3rd.  Really like run of Edwards/Cajuste/Cashman/Wren/Hardman.  I think Edwards could start at RT over Hart from day 1, and Cajuste can develop to take over LT in a couple years from Glenn.  Cashman pairs with Nick Vigil as the nickel LB's immediately.  Wren will be a good rotational DL player with some upside.  Hardman is raw, but the athleticism is real and worth a late 4th to gamble on.

• Like 1