Bears resign OLB Aaron Lynch

Madmike90

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Wims looks to be a future regular contributor at WR.  

I’m not ready to say that just yet. I think he definitely has potential to be that, but to this point he’s a guy with 4 catches to his name, all of which came in week 17, and who wasn’t able to put himself ahead of Josh Bellamy on the depth chart as a rookie. I do think he’s going to get every chance to get WR4 reps this year though and continue to work his way up the depth chart. 

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

giphy.gif

Off topic--what is your new avatar? I'm not placing it...

A very young Van Morrison my all time favorite song writer and performer.  A great Irish soulman.

I'll change them up from time to time giving tribute to those who have become a major influence on my musicianship.

18 hours ago, soulman said:

A very young Van Morrison my all time favorite song writer and performer.  A great Irish soulman.

I'll change them up from time to time giving tribute to those who have become a major influence on my musicianship.

Oh, ****! That's Van? Totally missed that. He's incredible. Good choice. :)

19 hours ago, soulman said:

Sinead O'Conner and Bono up next?

RT @adannehy: One thing about the #Bears bringing Aaron Lynch back: In the last 5 drafts there have been just 10 players taken after the 87th pick who have averaged more than 3 sacks per season. Lynch is one of them. Odds of finding someone better were just so small.

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @adannehy: One thing about the #Bears bringing Aaron Lynch back: In the last 5 drafts there have been just 10 players taken after the 87th pick who have averaged more than 3 sacks per season. Lynch is one of them. Odds of finding someone better were just so small.

Yup.  The odds of getting a good Edge Rusher even after round two are slim.

That's why we spend three 1st round picks on the two best ones we have.

22 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m not ready to say that just yet. I think he definitely has potential to be that, but to this point he’s a guy with 4 catches to his name, all of which came in week 17, and who wasn’t able to put himself ahead of Josh Bellamy on the depth chart as a rookie. I do think he’s going to get every chance to get WR4 reps this year though and continue to work his way up the depth chart. 

I would chalk that up to Bellamy being able to play any of the WR positions much like Earl Bennett could and his value on ST.

I think Wims had already proven his eventual value in preseason.  His four regular season catches only reinforced it.  Now he needs to step up and claim his spot in a rotation.

9 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

That is a very interesting trend.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

This is why I am less inclined to go OLB where we are picking. If Floyd plays his way out of town then I think we use a more premium pick when that happens.

That will be tricky indeed. If Floyd plays his way out of town it will be due to the following:

1. We will not have been able to sign him long term either at the end of this season or next season on his 5th year option.

2. One of the reasons for 1 could be his lack of production doesn't not warrant the 5th year option, injury, etc.

3. He will have reached an exponential upside that we had not forecast in the next 2 years where he will demand top 5 edge rusher money.

Based on that scenario the earliest we would have a 1st round pick would be the spring of 2021 and chances are it would be in the bottom 5 if we hit all cylinders the next 2 years.

Archived