Browns RB Duke Johnson requests trade

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I personally thing it’s a dumb move to trade duke. Hunt is t back till week 9 and duke is great out of the backfield.

Draft Devon Singletary out of FAU in the 6th and boom, you still have Duke Johnson and rid yourself of his 12mill contract over the next 3 years.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Draft Devon Singletary out of FAU in the 6th and boom, you still have Duke Johnson and rid yourself of his 12mill contract over the next 3 years.

Please do. I don't want him on my team.

Hyd8Bg6.png

Just now, Danger said:

Probably not more than Jordan Howard tbh

Meh, Dukes skillset is more valuable than Howards but I wouldnt expect anything more than a 4th or 5th just because of his contract. Duke Johnson in a offense like GB/KC/NO/LAR would be magical. The Browns are just morons and no coach knows how to do anything with him besides throw screen passes on 3rd down. Get him in a offense that gives him 10 touches a game and he could easily be worth up to a 3rd rounder.

I'd be interested to see if the Rams go in for him, I believe there was a rumour we were interested although I could have dreamed that. We've since re-signed Malcolm Brown though, but Duke Johnson would be a good player in our scheme to allow Gurley a rest between snaps. 

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I expect a 2020 5th rounder.

I'd buy in on this in a heartbeat. Johnson out in the flats with Hopkins, Fuller and Coutee in routes could be a nice little wrinkle for Deshaun Watson.

Love the guy. He's never been used to his full potential here and he doing what's best for him. Nothing wrong with ambition.

We can live without him though. Even through the first eight weeks.

The only bad thing is that we're not going to get close to fair value for him.

Archived