Top 5 Reasons You Can’t Blame the Giants for Trading Odell Beckham

footbull3196

He didnt have a good offensive line.  Probably the worst in the NFL.  Theres times he would get hit before his drop finished.  Again your look at eli and sees nothing good. I'm not saying we should ride with eli until hes 50. All I'm saying hes not finished.   I would find his replacement soon.  Only 13 QBs passed for over 4k last year. Eli being 1 of them.  Again being behind a crappy o-line.   

I believe the Giants' hierarchy had wearied of Odell's Annual Antics, off- and on-field behavior, soap-opera worthy drama- and were convinced these things would never stop:

Image result for Odell Beckham kicking netImage result for Odell Beckham controversiesImage result for Odell Beckham controversiesImage result for Odell Beckham controversiesImage result for Odell Beckham controversiesImage result for Odell Beckham controversies

Edited by bzane

Image result for Odell Beckham controversies

This looks like it's a screenshot from Madden.

53 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

He didnt have a good offensive line.  Probably the worst in the NFL.  Theres times he would get hit before his drop finished.  Again your look at eli and sees nothing good. I'm not saying we should ride with eli until hes 50. All I'm saying hes not finished.   I would find his replacement soon.  Only 13 QBs passed for over 4k last year. Eli being 1 of them.  Again being behind a crappy o-line. 

First of all, the Giants did not have the worst OL. What would you say about Saquon Barkley then? RB's are more dependant on OL play than QB's and he was fantastic.

Eli is done. He's really done. As done as every other QB's that's ever been done before. It's time to give up the dream of Eli Manning being relevant once again. Yeah your OL isn't great. Yeah he took some hits. I know he did some good things for your team in the past, but it's time to accept Eli for who he is.

First of all they had the worst o-line in football and the worst right tackle in football. Facts.  They had a running back the did the impossible to get most of those yards. How many tackles did Barkley break.   Those are facts.   Eli was 4299 passing 21td and 11 ints.  If that's done to you you dont know football.  Fact is hes old and everyone always points to eli when things go wrong.  Yes they need to draft a rookie qb. Let him learn under eli and when ready throw him in.  

I’ve seen all your reasons and none of them justify the move in the slightest. Like I said, until otherwise I’m done with this team. 

Despise this move and I will probably always will. 

Funny thing is that nearly all the football reasons people point to the justification of the trade can be applied to Saquon yet they’ll never trade him because he’s more if their personality fit.

Edited by Kip Smithers

44 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

First of all they had the worst o-line in football and the worst right tackle in football. Facts.  They had a running back the did the impossible to get most of those yards. How many tackles did Barkley break.   Those are facts.   Eli was 4299 passing 21td and 11 ints.  If that's done to you you dont know football.  Fact is hes old and everyone always points to eli when things go wrong.  Yes they need to draft a rookie qb. Let him learn under eli and when ready throw him in.  

Like somebody said, those numbers are pedestrian at best. Eli did play better in the second half of the year but that doesn’t say much but his accuracy left a lot of plays on the field. 

Elis numbers are 9th best and 17 best in the league.   In fact he got better without Odell.   Talent wise Odell is great but on the field he shows sometimes he just a punk.  Never saw Jerry rice act like a clown or drop that many balls.  

36 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

All those pics do more then justify trading Odell.  He catches the ball with 1 hand and people go nuts.   Hey Cleveland, enjoy the drop balls and "IVs"  which was total bs.   He has no more excuses

We'll enjoy him for sure. Thanks, brah.

1 hour ago, Cuziam71 said:

Elis numbers are 9th best and 17 best in the league.   In fact he got better without Odell.   Talent wise Odell is great but on the field he shows sometimes he just a punk.  Never saw Jerry rice act like a clown or drop that many balls.  

Wow. Just wow.

15 hours ago, Cuziam71 said:

Alot of eli haters here.  Odell hasn't been anything great in over 2 years.  Odell cost us the packer playoff game not eli.  Eli was great in that game.  Eli had over 4k passing yards and over 20 tds with a terrible offense line.  It's funny how many times Odell and other receivers dropped and tipped the ball and resulted in turnovers but eli takes the blame.   Can eli throw the ball for 60 yards no but doesnt mean hes finished.   Every qb has bad games but hes the only qb getting crushed out of 32 teams.    Yes hes heading downward but hes not the reason why they are losing.  

I personally think a lot of the blame does belong to Eli but you make some fair points.  He actually had a pretty decent season in 2018 (especially the second half) and all of the losing was certainly not his fault alone.  I 100% agree with you that the loss to the Packers was not Eli's fault and that the majority of the blame for that debacle falls on OBJ and his lack of professionalism (sorry but the stupid boat trip immediately followed by multiple critical drops in his first and only playoff game really rubs me the wrong way). 

I think teaming up with Jarvis and Baker in Cleveland will really get OBJ straightened out and he will probably feed off of the friendly rivalry with his best friend on and off the field.  I also think the Giants did the right thing for their team in the long run as OBJ was just never going to be a good fit in that organization, no matter how talented he is.  Better to admit the (HUGE) mistake now of giving him all that money, fix it and move on, rather than compound that mistake by continuing to try and force a round peg into a square hole.  They got decent compensation for him and now have some capital to move forward on a full rebuild.

Just shouldn't have ever given him that contract, smh...