Your Sleeper team for 2019

brownie man

Mine has got to be the Cincinnati Bengals 

people are really sleeping on them and what a new coach will do for them 

even if he’s young I think he’s going to bring some refreshing energy to the team. 

They still have 

Dalton,Mixon, AJ Green, Boyd, Carl Lawson, Geno, Jessie Bates 

plus this draft and a ton of younger guys like Sam Hubbard and Price having a year of experience  will benefit the team 

• Like 2

I think it's a little early for this thread honestly. Gotta wait until the draft before you say anything like this 

People arent 'sleeping' on the Bengals, they are just in a transition right now and they haven't exactly shown any promise. Their defense was horrible last year and I know Taylor had some problems hiring a DC, who did he end up getting? 

I just have a hard time seeing them have early success. That roster has a lot of holes. 

Edited by N4L

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

That defense and an ageing Big Ben though.

They did lead the league in sacks.  Secondary is definitely an issue but if they can out score teams the way they were in mid season, they should be in great shape.  I think the browns are still a year away (similar to the Bengals after Marvin Lewis got there, let’s not forget they went 8-8 for two straight years before breaking through with an 11-5 season), while the Ravens cannot be trusted to repeat their success after losing 4 defensive starters, although Earl Thomas will do his best to mask some of the deficiencies.  And of course the Bengals just look like total garbage

It took a near miracle run by a rookie quarterback that ran the ball 272 times and a pretty big collapse by Pittsburgh (where the Steelers held leads in the 4th quarter in all 3 of their games during their 3 game slide that precipitated their fall) for the Ravens to win the division by half a game.  I’m not expecting more of the same this year

• Like 2

8 hours ago, N4L said:

I think it's a little early for this thread honestly. Gotta wait until the draft before you say anything like this 

People arent 'sleeping' on the Bengals, they are just in a transition right now and they haven't exactly shown any promise. Their defense was horrible last year and I know Taylor had some problems hiring a DC, who did he end up getting? 

I just have a hard time seeing them have early success. That roster has a lot of holes. 

Agree on both.  There are rumors that the Bungles are looking for a new QB too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Pittsburgh.  People expect them to finish 3rd in the division but I'm expecting an 11-5 rebound season with the distractions behind them

Do people really think that? I think a lot of people could see any team between Cleveland, Baltimore and Pittsburgh winning the division. On paper the Browns are the favorites, but they're the most unknown and have a new head coach. Pittsburgh hasn't had a very good offseason so far, but it's hard to discount a team that's been consistently at least solid for so many years now. As long as Big Ben is playing well, Pittsburgh will always be a contender in the division, IMO. Them finishing third is a possibility, but I wouldn't say people "expect" them to finish third. The AFC North is a pretty wide open division from what I can tell. Cincinnati is likely the only team who has no legitimate shot at winning the division, but I won't be surprised if they're not as bad as many expect them to be.

• Like 1