Your Sleeper team for 2019

brownie man

On 4/4/2019 at 3:03 PM, BleedTheClock said:

No team in our division will be straight up garbage

Agree and only the Bengals would qualify as a sleeper pick. I don't think anyone would be shocked if the top 3 finish in any particular order as long as none of them lose more than 9 games. The division will probably come down to who does the best against the rest of the division.

10 hours ago, uk9erfan said:

I had completely forgotten that, and if I remember rightly it was very early in the season.  So with that in mind they are definitely my sleeper, and I 'll be rooting for them to win the NFC South, provided they lose to my Niners of course :).

Yup. Falcons are basically getting a Pro Bowl LB, Pro Bowl SS, and underrated as hell FS. Add in whatever they do in the draft and Dan Quinn calling the defense again, and this could be a damn good defense here.

• Like 1

I think the Falcons & Packers are my sleepers.

Falcons have a good QB + Julio + an improved D.

Packers have Rodgers + added defensive talent. Coach is a question mark.

Homer HM for the Vikes. If they can somehow block decently this year I think they will be in the playoffs.

I'm pretty pessimistic about the upcoming season and even I don't think we'll be as bad as we are being portrayed by the general public. I don't think a wildcard is completely out of the question. For that reason they wouldn't be a bad sleeper pick in the AFC. It will all depend on the coaching. Enough talent is in place, but as of right now we have absolutely no idea what to expect from Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan's offense, or Lou Anarumo's defense.

Image result for bengals 2019 opponents

That's not a damming opponent schedule by any means. Aside from NE, @SEA, and @LAR, there are 9 wins to be had there. 

If the Redskins can get some weapons on the outside, they will be a dangerous team.

With or without Rosen or a franchise QB.

Their WR's is just not threatening at all. Their TE's are very good, but not healthy enough for sustained success.

There running game CAN be elite, if Guice can come back healthy.

But they need some very talented WR prospects & for them to produce. Scoring threats, chain movers...something!

If they can get 2 stud rookie WR prospects this draft? Along with that running game & their TE combo of Reed & Davis can stay relatively healthy?

They will be very good.

Because that defense is gonna be scary good! With the possibilities of adding more talent there.

Redskins need to go heavy Offense in this draft. Mainly at the WR position & possibly for a QB, if we don't land Rosen.

We just need to be able to score points way faster, than methodically driving down the field eating clock as the only hope.

If we can can somehow develop a quick strike offense & put points on the board?

With our running game to close out games?

And that Alabama Defense?

Game Over!

Redskins taking the East.

Of course, we won't be a sleeper team.

Everyone will be wide awake, of what this team is capable of.

Unfortunately, (I) aceinthehouse am not the GM of the Washington Redskins.

20 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

I think the Falcons & Packers are my sleepers.

Falcons have a good QB + Julio + an improved D.

Packers have Rodgers + added defensive talent. Coach is a question mark.

Homer HM for the Vikes. If they can somehow block decently this year I think they will be in the playoffs.

Falcons also have an improved offensive line.

10 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Do the Falcons count as a sleeper team? I get the sense most people think they're trending down. Last year, they got hit by the injury bug early and couldn't really gain any momentum. I'm expecting them to win the division and be in the race for a 1st round bye.

I would think so. Especially since Arians is making the bucs seem like a pick for some.

8 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm pretty pessimistic about the upcoming season and even I don't think we'll be as bad as we are being portrayed by the general public. I don't think a wildcard is completely out of the question. For that reason they wouldn't be a bad sleeper pick in the AFC. It will all depend on the coaching. Enough talent is in place, but as of right now we have absolutely no idea what to expect from Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan's offense, or Lou Anarumo's defense.

That's not a damming opponent schedule by any means. Aside from NE, @SEA, and @LAR, there are 9 wins to be had there. 

The Bengals problem now is old age and injuries catching up with them.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:18 PM, NYJets4716 said:

No one will have them anywhere, but that has been when they surprise.  Its all on Darnold 

IF darnold can stop trying to be Superman and just make simple plays and not turn the ball over, I could see the Jets winning 8ish games in that division. 

That is a BIG IF though at this point. He has been a turnover machine for the last two years. He needs to become a game manager right now 

Realistically the guy is 2+ years away from being an above average starter. Next year will be about breaking his terrible habits

16 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm not seeing 9 wins there. 

I'll give you bills, dolphins, Jets, Cardinals... Who else??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I'm not seeing 9 wins there. 

I'll give you bills, dolphins, Jets, Cardinals... Who else??

I'm not expecting us to get swept by the division by any means. I'd expect us to split wins with Pittsburgh and Baltimore, possibly Cleveland as well. I'd say I'm confident in beating Jacksonville at home as well. I don't expect the Niners, who are a good team, to come in a roll us either. 

Again, this is all dependent on how competent our coaching staff is and how quickly we put things together. It's not easy to install a program in one offseason. I don't expect us to be great, but I also don't expect us to not be competitive at all. I'm also not guaranteeing or even expecting 9 wins. I'm just saying, realistically speaking 9 wins are there for the taking if things go well and we're as competitive as we were last season before being ravaged by injuries. For as much hate as he gets, Dalton played unbelievably well last season. He looked really good (by his limited standards).

Wins - CLE, BAL, PIT, NYJ, ARI, @MIA, JAX, @BUF, @OAK

But that may just be the innate optimism every fan has every offseason talking. Who knows?