Tribute to Crakburn

candyman93

Link to the Crackburn thread on the old forum:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=241785

The first post in the thread:

Hello everyone, this is Tracy and I am Joe's wife.  I wanted to let you all know that last week Joe was put into hospice.  The doctors keep telling us that he does not have long but they can't put a specific time frame on it.  I didn't know who to tell so that is why I am doing a general post.

This board has ment so much to him, he was always on here and it helped him think about things other than being sick.  Joe is the biggest football fan I have ever know and loved to debate all the latest stuff.  Thank you for all of the support and encouragement you have given Joe over the last year.

I will check back and pass on any messages to Joe.

Thanks again.

• Like 16

On 7/25/2017 at 5:56 PM, Thomas5737 said:

When the old site goes away will the link no longer work? Is there a way to relocate that thread here to honor Crackburn's legacy (and Joe to a degree)?

The thread will be archived even when the new forum officially launches....the link will still work

in talking with Webby, there's no real way to transfer the whole thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My uncle died if pancreatic cancer in 2004 and I was following the message board the whole time just never joined.

That was such an inspiring story. Just Joes humbleness, attitude, outlook. And his wife was a true gem updating everyone throughout the whole process. 

But the way this forum got together and got him to meet Joe Thomas his favorite football player is honestly so touching. It's reminds me of Tuesdays with Maury. It's just amazing how authentic people can be even over the web.

• 1 month later...

I still remember the first time I read Crackburn's post saying that he had just been diagnosed with Stage 3 Pancreatic Cancer.  I didn't know him at the time, but it still hit me like a kick in the stomach.  The whole ordeal was sad but very uplifting at the same time.  I will always be a fan of Joe Thomas after what he did for them too.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm under a new account since way back when but I still think about Crackburn. I still remember his original post of hoping there was a "fly on the machine" when the doctors said they may have seen something. 

The way everyone rallied together for him to make a meeting with Joe Thomas happen was amazing. He is still missed. 

• Like 4