The Rick Lovato Era

Phire

I figured Lovato deserved his own thread. 

The Philadelphia Eagles had an open competition at long-snapper this preseason. 

Rick Lovato beat out two-time Pro Bowler Jon Dorenbos for the job. Once the Eagles traded Dorenbos to the New Orleans Saints, the 24-year old Lovato knew the job was his. 

The first person he thanked was Dorenbos, the man who helped him improve his game as a long-snapper. 

"Jon was such a big mentor for me," Lovato said to CSN Philly. "He helped me here, he helped me develop into the snapper that I am.

"Being a guy going into his third year, he's been a guy to learn from. I haven't really experienced it like he has. I don't want to take anything away from him because he really is a great guy and I liked having him as a mentor."

Prior to the Eagles signing Lovato to replace Dorenbos last December, he was just waiting for a NFL tryout while making pizza at his family's sandwich shop in New Jersey.

Of course Lovato admitted he isn't as good as making pizza as he is long-snapping. 

"I can make pizza, but I’m not the best at it,” Lovato said. "I’m great at making breakfast sandwiches, subs. Those are my two specialities."

I am excited we got a young LS in the building now @B60 can stop salivating everytime Dorenbust does a magic trick. He's no David Blaine that's for sure. He should have used that magic to levitate and redirect Henery's 48yd FG attempt back in Jan 2014 wild card game vs the Aint's 

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I am excited we got a young LS in the building now @B60 can stop salivating everytime Dorenbust does a magic trick. He's no David Blaine that's for sure. He should have used that magic to levitate and redirect Henery's 48yd FG attempt back in Jan 2014 wild card game vs the Aint's 

Jon did use magic. It was an optimal illusion, Henerey actually made that kick but Jon pulled the unthinkable and made it look like he missed. He thought it would be totally hilarious. He was so confused and distraught at why everyone was so upset: it was the perfect trick, too perfect. His disappointment took him to Ashley Madison that night, Henerey got fired, and the rest is history.

5 minutes ago, Phire said:

Jon did use magic. It was an optimal illusion, Henerey actually made that kick but Jon pulled the unthinkable and made it look like he missed. He thought it would be totally hilarious. He was so confused and distraught at why everyone was so upset: it was the perfect trick, too perfect. His disappointment took him to Ashley Madison that night, Henerey got fired, and the rest is history.

Ashley Madison? I hope she's hot. 

Archived