who are some of your fan favorite players n your team that you didnt like?

Kiwibrown

On 4/10/2019 at 11:33 PM, NFLExpert49 said:

Alex Smith. I have no idea why the 49er fan base clings to the players it does. They attack the actually talented players/use them as scapegoats to excuse the guys who are actually holding the team back. 

I get it. From 9 games, I get it. 

Backup RBs seem to get some extra love with Jaguars fans and I don’t really get it. Stacey Mack, Lebrandon Toefield, Alvin Pearman, Deji Karim, Jalen Parmele, Jordan Todman, Storm Johnson, and even TJ Yeldon and Corey Grant. All these guys got way more fan love than their play deserved imo. I’ve liked a few of the backups; Rashad Jennings, Shoelace, and obviously MJD while he was a “backup”, but the rest I’ve never really gotten.

I soured on Justin Blackmon before he ever played a down, but there were fans years after his last suspension hoping he would come back.

Currently, I’m not a fan of Dede Westbrook while it seems like a lot of Jags fans think he’s a potential 1k receiver and the best offensive player on our roster. Didn’t like ASJ last year, though I’m happy he seems to have gotten his life together. And I don’t really like any of our coaches or any of the major faces in the front office. 

• Like 1

Pats   Chris Hogan. He sucked, after his 1st year He thought he was all that Primadonna WR. They would show him complaining to the ref while running his route.  Run the freaking route, you POS!!!!! I hated watching him.  That why he caught only <700 yards. He never finish his routes in time and when he did his concentration stunk.  10/20 yard out so many drops! Good riddance.

" Oh BB loves him, he an ex Lacrosse player" ya ya who give a crap!

On 11/04/2019 at 1:34 PM, Riftty said:

I gotta go with Todd Gurley. He is decent, but I don't think he is as great as his numbers suggest. With Mcvay he has had some massive holes made for him due to scheme and Oline play.

I have a feeling his career is nearing the down hill slide. 

Year 1 he looked awesome. It seems like a sharp physical decline. 

11 hours ago, pwny said:

Backup RBs seem to get some extra love with Jaguars fans and I don’t really get it. Stacey Mack, Lebrandon Toefield, Alvin Pearman, Deji Karim, Jalen Parmele, Jordan Todman, Storm Johnson, and even TJ Yeldon and Corey Grant. All these guys got way more fan love than their play deserved imo. I’ve liked a few of the backups; Rashad Jennings, Shoelace, and obviously MJD while he was a “backup”, but the rest I’ve never really gotten.

I soured on Justin Blackmon before he ever played a down, but there were fans years after his last suspension hoping he would come back.

Currently, I’m not a fan of Dede Westbrook while it seems like a lot of Jags fans think he’s a potential 1k receiver and the best offensive player on our roster. Didn’t like ASJ last year, though I’m happy he seems to have gotten his life together. And I don’t really like any of our coaches or any of the major faces in the front office. 

So in your case, who on your team do you actually like(if anybody)?

On 4/10/2019 at 8:33 PM, NFLExpert49 said:

Alex Smith. I have no idea why the 49er fan base clings to the players it does. They attack the actually talented players/use them as scapegoats to excuse the guys who are actually holding the team back. 

You should have been here for the Alex Smith wars on the old site. Really ripped the 49er forum in half. It was bad. 

That being said, I appreciate Alex for what he is, which is "fine" for the most part. Nothing to get excited about, but you could have always done a lot worse. I am a fan of his as a person...everything I have ever read about him is that he's just a great dude, and he's always handled everything thrown at him with nothing but class. So I am grateful for that and does make me like him in that regard. 

3 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

So in your case, who on your team do you actually like(if anybody)?

Calais Campbell, Jalen Ramsey, Yannick Ngakoue, Myles Jack, Telvin Smith, A.J. Bouye, Josh Lambo, Brandon Linder. I liked Bortles, even when I stopped viewing him as a viable starter, he just seems like a really great person. Liked Malik Jackson, who is now gone after last season. Carson Tinker, a Long Snapper, is a guy I’ll root for even if he’s no longer a Jag. I’m really down on the current roster as a whole, so there aren’t a lot beyond the established players right now. 

I’ve bought into some backups and mediocre players, mostly in the Secondary, that I probably shouldn’t have; Dwayne Gratz, Demetrius McCray, John Cyprien, James Sample, for some recent examples.

Will Rackley was never a good player, but historically he’s probably the guy I liked the most without it matching up with his play. He was constantly doing everything he could to better the lives of less fortunate people and that made me root for him no matter how poorly he played. Super bummed that he’s having post-concussive syndrome. I will also always stan for David Garrard and Tyson Alualu; those two are largely polarizing players amongst fans. Beyond that, all the historic big names for the franchise all endeared themselves to me. Several role players in the late 90’s and mid-2000’s.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 8:34 PM, Riftty said:

I gotta go with Todd Gurley. He is decent, but I don't think he is as great as his numbers suggest. With Mcvay he has had some massive holes made for him due to scheme and Oline play.

I have a feeling his career is nearing the down hill slide. 

I have to say this is the most bold opinion yet. 

Jags: Jimmy Smith- played the race card to attempt to try to get out of a crime he did. I hate racism and I hate those who try to divide our communities with their own selfishness. 

Saints: Junior Galette- beats women, then proceeds to pull off one of the biggest locker room cancer move in NFL history. 

Edited by sammymvpknight