Green Bay Big Board #5 Overall

Fl0nkerton

@ 12th Pick  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #5 on FF's Green Bay Big Board?

• Brian Burns [EDGE]
    • Andre Dillard [OT]
    • Noah Fant [TE]
    • Rashan Gary [EDGE]
    • TJ Hockenson [TE]
    • Josh Jacobs [RB]
    • DK Metcalf [WR]
    • Montez Sweat [EDGE]
    • Jawaan Taylor [OT]
    • Devin White [ILB]
    • Christian Wilkins [DL]
    • Jonah Williams [OT]
    • Other [Explain]

This all depends on what Pettine wants. If it's a bendy, speed guy to compliment the Smiths' the easy answer is Burns. If he's only looking for a body type like the Smiths' than Burns isn't on our board and it's either Gary or Sweat.

I hope he's looking for someone like Burns personally.

Heart thing with Sweat makes me not want to draft him.  It's fine now, but that's now, and this pick should last us 10 years minimum. 

Commitment thing with Gary makes me not want to draft him.  I have suspicions commitment, not injuries, kept Perry back and that he used injuries as an excuse.

At this point the elite players are gone except for Jeffrey SImmons IMO. I think that is why I"m in trade down mode for #12. I think the Packers have serious interest in Brian Burns, Hockenson, Taylor and Dillard at 12. Probably Gary as well but he scares the living hell out of me. 

I picked "Other" Jeffrey Simmons. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

At this point the elite players are gone except for Jeffrey SImmons IMO. I think that is why I"m in trade down mode for #12. I think the Packers have serious interest in Brian Burns, Hockenson, Taylor and Dillard at 12. Probably Gary as well but he scares the living hell out of me. 

I picked "Other" Jeffrey Simmons. 

That's fair. I'd be pretty bummed if we had to shelve the 12th overall pick all year though.

1 minute ago, Fl0nkerton said:

That's fair. I'd be pretty bummed if we had to shelve the 12th overall pick all year though.

I would be too, but he's IMO the next best player on the board. Which is why I'm in trade down mode at 12 because I see no way the first 4 drop to us. 

Now we really get to the hard part. The top 4 prospects are so clear... the rest is a mess. Burns, Taylor, White, Bush, Dillard, Sweat are all probably in the same tier for me.Best case is 3 of them make it to us so we can move down a few spots if the opportunity is there

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I just don't see the production on the field from Sweat. 

I see the production in numbers and stats.  On the field I saw a lot of unblocked sacks and clean up sacks.  I didn't see the bend on his film that he showed at the combine.

But...he's better than the other guys listed.  

I think that a pick of Burns and even Sweat, is a pick for the future, not for the now.  And I'm good with that since they both tested extremely well.  Dillard, too, is kind of a pick for the future as we have Bakh, Bulaga, Turner and Spriggs to handle the T position...this year.

I think you can make a case that TE/S is a pick for the "now".  Just not certain those positions are worth taking nearly this high.

Devin White. Kills 2 birds. The best pass rushing LB last year in college (pressures per attempt). And an absolute beast in the run game. He would be the big upgrade and probably the player with the most immediate impact on our defense who's name doesnt rhyme with mamosa.

Burns does not appear to be what Pettine looks for in a OLB. Doubt we take him at 12, let alone be 5th on our board.

Archived