Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

The AAF to cease football operations

Recommended Posts

Told ya’ll XFL will be way more successful than this league. 

This league’s model was pretty bad. Promoted itself as a minor league, terrible terrible team names and logos, hired mostly HCs in like their 70’s, and there wasn’t really anything edgy about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Told ya’ll XFL will be way more successful than this league. 

This league’s model was pretty bad. Promoted itself as a minor league, terrible terrible team names and logos, hired mostly HCs in like their 70’s, and there wasn’t really anything edgy about it. 

...and the product of the field was terrible. A lot of the game were hard to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Told ya’ll XFL will be way more successful than this league. 

This league’s model was pretty bad. Promoted itself as a minor league, terrible terrible team names and logos, hired mostly HCs in like their 70’s, and there wasn’t really anything edgy about it. 

Well, the XFL isn't going to be edgy like WWE's product used to be, or the original XFL for that matter, but Vince cashed out over $500 million in WWE stock to create Alpha Entertainment, so they certainly won't be going under because of money.  Not to mention, Oliver Luck is in charge of the league, and he ran NFL Europe for many years, so he knows how to run an operation that is to the scale of the XFL/AAF.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Well, the XFL isn't going to be edgy like WWE's product used to be, or the original XFL for that matter, but Vince cashed out over $500 million in WWE stock to create Alpha Entertainment, so they certainly won't be going under because of money.  Not to mention, Oliver Luck is in charge of the league, and he ran NFL Europe for many years, so he knows how to run an operation that is to the scale of the XFL/AAF.  

Plus the XFL will go heavy on marketing and have some amazing team names and logos. I still cannot believe the absolute c*ap AAF came up with. A 5 year old would of been more creative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks if it's true. Millions of dollars went into this. Where did it all go? Is it really so hard to keep an 8-team minor league alive for less than three months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, y*so*blu said:

Sucks if it's true. Millions of dollars went into this. Where did it all go? Is it really so hard to keep an 8-team minor league alive for less than three months?

Apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Sucks if it's true. Millions of dollars went into this. Where did it all go? Is it really so hard to keep an 8-team minor league alive for less than three months?

It is when your business plan completey sucks and have zero creativity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bwahaha to Manziel. He dissed XFL already and said he wouldn’t play there and would look like an idiot if he went back to the CFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I understand it, Dundon's entire reason to invest in the AAF was "to create proprietary gambling tech."  It looks like he's taking the excuse to cut and run either now that he has it or that he doesn't like what he's got.  Hopefully someone with interests in the football side of things can swoop in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Bwahaha to Manziel. He dissed XFL already and said he wouldn’t play there and would look like an idiot if he went back to the CFL. 

The guy is a cancer.

Everything he touches sucks or dies. Even his career.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

So the league didn't really fail as much as the majority owner didn't really want to run a football league.  He just wanted something the league had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×