The AAF to cease football operations

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Gotta love it when millionaires encourage people to "keep your head up". It usually makes the rest of us feel a lot better.

It reminds me of Baby Boomer advice:

original-grid-image-27914-1406900323-13.

59e633b286938.jpeg

tbf his advice is actually... good

Just seemed like it was rushed to be on the field before the XFL, Wikipedia says they wee announced at about the same time. Failing to have any agreement with the NFLPA killed them. A development league that runs in the NFL offseason is unrealistic as far as players playing in the AAF and going to the NFL, but at the same time it's unrealistic to run it at the same time as the NFL and college. 

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Just seemed like it was rushed to be on the field before the XFL, Wikipedia says they wee announced at about the same time. Failing to have any agreement with the NFLPA killed them. A development league that runs in the NFL offseason is unrealistic as far as players playing in the AAF and going to the NFL, but at the same time it's unrealistic to run it at the same time as the NFL and college. 

Yep, this league was rushed big time cause they heard about the XFL plans imo. It literally came out of noxwhere. 

XFL has been prepping for a while. And they are fully ready to take a profit loss for at least three seasons. 

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

The XFL certainly isn't going to be better lol. The only reason it'll last longer is because Vince will burn money to keep it afloat thanks to his ego and terrible business acumen.

I'll watch it because it's going to remind me of Blitz the League.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll watch it because it's going to remind me of Blitz the League.

I mean they've said repeatedly that they just want to be a crappy NFL without even trying the angle that the AAF was before Durdon bought a controlling interest which is "be a supplemental league".

The product will suck probably even worse than this. Which is great, because I wish nothing but failure on the man.

Archived