Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

The AAF to cease football operations

Recommended Posts

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

 

Gotta love it when millionaires encourage people to "keep your head up". It usually makes the rest of us feel a lot better.

It reminds me of Baby Boomer advice:

original-grid-image-27914-1406900323-13.

59e633b286938.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Gotta love it when millionaires encourage people to "keep your head up". It usually makes the rest of us feel a lot better.

It reminds me of Baby Boomer advice:

original-grid-image-27914-1406900323-13.

59e633b286938.jpeg

tbf his advice is actually... good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the entire AAF is now unemployed free agents? Fins 'bout to stack that depleted roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most people expected this. I'm kinda sad about it as I was hoping it would become a minor league but there's just little money to be earned via bad football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seemed like it was rushed to be on the field before the XFL, Wikipedia says they wee announced at about the same time. Failing to have any agreement with the NFLPA killed them. A development league that runs in the NFL offseason is unrealistic as far as players playing in the AAF and going to the NFL, but at the same time it's unrealistic to run it at the same time as the NFL and college. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Just seemed like it was rushed to be on the field before the XFL, Wikipedia says they wee announced at about the same time. Failing to have any agreement with the NFLPA killed them. A development league that runs in the NFL offseason is unrealistic as far as players playing in the AAF and going to the NFL, but at the same time it's unrealistic to run it at the same time as the NFL and college. 

Yep, this league was rushed big time cause they heard about the XFL plans imo. It literally came out of noxwhere. 

XFL has been prepping for a while. And they are fully ready to take a profit loss for at least three seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is it completely done? No more football?

Don't you take my Apollo's championship from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

The guy is a cancer.

Everything he touches sucks or dies. Even his career.

It's quite the coincidence that it folded shortly after he joined

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The XFL certainly isn't going to be better lol. The only reason it'll last longer is because Vince will burn money to keep it afloat thanks to his ego and terrible business acumen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

The XFL certainly isn't going to be better lol. The only reason it'll last longer is because Vince will burn money to keep it afloat thanks to his ego and terrible business acumen.

I'll watch it because it's going to remind me of Blitz the League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll watch it because it's going to remind me of Blitz the League.

I mean they've said repeatedly that they just want to be a crappy NFL without even trying the angle that the AAF was before Durdon bought a controlling interest which is "be a supplemental league".

The product will suck probably even worse than this. Which is great, because I wish nothing but failure on the man.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Vince made his money purely from the WWE? I know he’s a billionaire, but that’s insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×