The AAF to cease football operations

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Vince will do a much better job promoting and advertising

I think that was one of the big issues. Where were the games being televised? I caught the first one but literally never saw any ads on tv or online anywhere for where to watch them. I would check through the networks and NFL network on Saturdays and never see anything there. 

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

I think that was one of the big issues. Where were the games being televised? I caught the first one but literally never saw any ads on tv or online anywhere for where to watch them. I would check through the networks and NFL network on Saturdays and never see anything there. 

I watched week one when it was on CBS. I don't have cable anymore so I couldn't watch any more games after that. If it had been on broadcast TV I would've tuned in.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I watched week one when it was on CBS. I don't have cable anymore so I couldn't watch any more games after that. If it had been on broadcast TV I would've tuned in.

Thats the thing. I saw these mentions of everything being streamed via NFL app and NFL Network and I never saw anything but highlights available on either of those outlets.

Read something interesting about the XFL. They will sign 18 year olds. I will be really curious to see if any college kids skip the NCAA crap and develop in the XFL.

Instead of sitting out for a season in college, why not give the XFL a shot?

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Read something interesting about the XFL. They will sign 18 year olds. I will be really curious to see if any college kids skip the NCAA crap and develop in the XFL.

I thought it was 19 year olds? Go one year to random college. Then to the XFL for full time coaching/experience while getting paid. Then be able to skip the draft and go to which ever team you want instead of being picked by Washington or some other bottom feeding poorly run franchise.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I thought it was 19 year olds? Go one year to random college. Then to the XFL for full time coaching/experience while getting paid. Then be able to skip the draft and go to which ever team you want instead of being picked by Washington or some other bottom feeding poorly run franchise.

It wouldn't be true free agency would it? They would still be udfa? The lower you are  on the totem poll of drafting the less persuasion you have over your destiny. 

Changing the draft to a lottery/points/bidding  system would where people had an element of being able to determine their own destiny would be a system that is much more pro player and fairer, going to team or environment that doesnt suit you isnt that reasonable.

So instead of competeing with the NFL this time they are trying to compete with college and steal their talent after a freshmen year. Very interesting. I think most 4-5 star recruits would stay with the NCAA to not risk their NFL chances but the 3 star recruits might head over to the XFL. 

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I have a feeling we'd see more kids try and go this route, skipping college, realizing that the XFL isn't going to last, and not being able to latch on to a program they may have due to the amateur/pro distinction. 

Now as for going to the XFL instead of opting to sit out a season, I'm curious as to why anyone would risk injury on the XFL field as opposed to sitting, which it appears doesn't seem to chap any behinds in the NFL scouting community anyway? 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

This may have been mentioned already. Will the XFL test For marijuana? Did the AAF?

I would assume that Vince McMahon will actually pay extra for positive PED tests if it's anything close to the WWE over the last 30 years.

Archived