Should Redskins trade for Josh Rosen

Geno

3 minutes ago, Geno said:

I think Washington Redskins should trade 15th pick to Arizona for quarterback Josh Rosen and their 3rd round pick  what is your input on this

If those are the terms, I would absolutely make that trade...you get a potential young franchise QB on a great contract in addition to a 3rd for a mid-round 1st. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Geno said:

I think Washington Redskins should trade 15th pick to Arizona for quarterback Josh Rosen and their 3rd round pick  what is your input on this

Right now? No.

Come draft day, if there's a run on the top defensive talent before 15 rolls around? I could be talked into it.

52 minutes ago, Geno said:

I wasn’t a Rosen fan coming out and last year didn’t do anything to change my mind. I know the team was horrid. I wouldn’t give up a 1. A 3 and a conditional 2020 pick as high as I would go. 

• Like 1

I give them nothing higher this season the a 2. They can get a conditional pick depending on his win production!!! If he wins they can get value but if he doesn’t then they got great value for a guy that’s essentially probably a bust

I would like him, but not for #15 straight up. Not with Lock or Haskins a possibility there.

What I would do is trade them my #15 pick for their #33 pick. Which has a 2nd round value.

I would also maybe throw in a player they want who's expendable, or 1 of our 5th rounders.

That would get us Rosen & good players @33 & 44 in the 2nd Rd.

If Washington could get Josh Rosen and the 33rd pick for the 15th pick , and with the two second-round picks get wide receiver and offensive lineman and with the two third-round picks a linebacker and a safety that five new starters that could help us win the division 😁😁

From an outside perspective. #15 straight up is a bit much. Whether they throw in their 3rd, or swap 2nds I think that's the way to go.

Simple fact is you won't get him for your 2nd straight up. I guarantee the Giants beat that offer.

Just now, Geno said:

If Washington could get Josh Rosen and the 33rd pick for the 15th pick , and with the two second-round picks get wide receiver and offensive lineman and with the two third-round picks a linebacker and a safety that five new starters that could help us win the division 😁😁

I don't think that gets the deal done. That puts his value at 470 pts, whereas the Giants #2 is 530 and I could also see them throwing in a 2020 conditional to seal the deal.

We could pull off a slick move, if we wanted.

Trade down with say Oakland right now, for like a 3rd @24.

Then trade that 24 to Arizona straight up for Josh Rosen. This would get us an extra 3rd rounder.

And forcing the Giants to beat us by offering up their 17.

If the Giants did beat us and offered their 17? We could still land a very good player @24 or draft QB Daniel Jones at that spot. (Who I don't want btw) but it is an option.

Or perhaps Lock or Haskins drops that far? It's happened before.

See: Aaron Rodgers

12 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Then trade that 24 to Arizona straight up for Josh Rosen. This would get us an extra 3rd rounder.

If the Giants did beat us and offered their 17? We could still land a very good player @24 or draft QB Daniel Jones at that spot. (Who I don't want btw) but it is an option.

In theory I do like this. That said, IMO, there are only ~20-22 players who are really solidly worth first round picks this year. Do you risk one of those players not falling to 24 and get a next tier guy? 

13 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

That’s why I stay put!!! There was a lot of defensive talent Rogers year as well. Stay at 15 and I believe Haskins or Lock will be there. If not then you lost most of your competition next year for a QB. Don’t force things this team has done pretty solid the last couple at being patient and staying true to their board. Sit at 15 and when your on the clock see what’s looking you in the face!!! If you want Rosen 2nd and conditional. If someone beats it then a QB falls. If no QB falls then your looking at a super talented player who can take this defense to another level. I agree with most of the vet posters stay patient don’t get cute!!! See what your options are when your on the clock or when AZ calls and says this is the offer they have can we beat it.