Should Redskins trade for Josh Rosen

Geno

Josh Rosen is better than any quarterback in this year's draft if we can get him we better go get him the division title is in reach with him on board we have a better offensive line and better running back that alone would take a lot of pressure off him get a receiver in the second or third round and we will be good

3 minutes ago, Geno said:

Josh Rosen is better than any quarterback in this year's draft if we can get him we better go get him the division title is in reach with him on board we have a better offensive line and better running back that alone would take a lot of pressure off him get a receiver in the second or third round and we will be good

I like Rosen but I don’t agree. Murray is a heck of a football player but height isn’t my end all be all as I loved Russell the Luck Griffin year. I like Rosen a lot I have him behind Haskins ahead of Lock. The reason I have Rosen ahead of Lock is the scheme fit. I think Rosen fits with Gruden to a tee

16 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I like Rosen but I don’t agree. Murray is a heck of a football player but height isn’t my end all be all as I loved Russell the Luck Griffin year. I like Rosen a lot I have him behind Haskins ahead of Lock. The reason I have Rosen ahead of Lock is the scheme fit. I think Rosen fits with Gruden to a tee

I think Murray has more talent upside as an athlete and dual threat, as a pocket passing QB in an NFL pro-style offense I’d take Rosen. Murray is an enigma as a pocket passer.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think Murray has more talent upside as an athlete and dual threat, as a pocket passing QB in an NFL pro-style offense I’d take Rosen. Murray is an enigma as a pocket passer.

Oh I agree I love Murray but our staff is a waist for him. That said I think the best 2 options are Haskins and Rosen. I think Gruden saying what he said about Lock was kinda telling. I think everyone knows Denver is going that route. But we will see what happens but I have this hunch as I have through the process is Haskins can be there at 15

I just think there’s too much Rosen Smoke in the media to this this team for us to not be going that route. Of course we’re looking at every prospect!!! Why wouldn’t we to keep our leverage. But ultimately Arizona is saying what there saying with reports to keep their leverage but I think a move for both teams makes a lot of sense!! I don’t get into a bidding war because I believe it is ultimately against ourselves. And if it is against the Giants then figure out which QB you like in the draft that fits as good. Because if NY isn’t commotion to draft one then your odds improved to get the one in the draft you covett. Don’t beat yourself on this!!! I like Rosen with the idea of being able to have a round one selection to pick the absolute best player. But they aren’t getting 15 just isn’t happening!!! A used car is just that a used car!!!!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Well apparently the guy who said we were interested in Smith said it’s looking more and more like Rosen to the Skins is shaping to be a thing!!

Yup. I heard it too. Better not be for our first rounder. I will destroy a whole box of remotes!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I heard it too. Better not be for our first rounder. I will destroy a whole box of remotes!

They said pretty much what I had said a 2nd and future mid rounder. I’m okay with that. That is a fair deal I’d make that deal!! If I was the redskins I’d let them know that deal is in place until team activities start. I would want to get Rosen into the playbook as much as possible. Plus that allows us to work out our draft boards. If we have Rosen we can stop taking QB visits

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

They said pretty much what I had said a 2nd and future mid rounder. I’m okay with that. That is a fair deal I’d make that deal!! If I was the redskins I’d let them know that deal is in place until team activities start. I would want to get Rosen into the playbook as much as possible. Plus that allows us to work out our draft boards. If we have Rosen we can stop taking QB visits

I’m good with that too. A 2nd and a conditional mid round pick.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m good with that too. A 2nd and a conditional mid round pick.

Right!!! That allows us to lock up our draft board and really gives us the opportunity to go BPA if e stupid crazy value falls or even move back recoup picks and try to get a good value at a later pick. I’m more along the lines of a steal at 15 but if you move back and still think you can get a AJ Brown I think he fits very well in this offense.

Between this year's quarterbacks and Josh Rosen is like a Maserati and the other 2019 quarterback  draft class is like a Ford pinto if we're going to do something we need to do it quick fast and in a hurry before other teams move in and grab him

I saw it too, the compensation makes sense for both sides if this is true. I posted a comment under Rosen tab by mistake. I didn't see this one till just now. My bad.

Get it done, trade back in the first. Recoup some value, land an X reciever and a left guard and take it from there.