Should Redskins trade for Josh Rosen

Geno

8 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I love Harmon!!! I’m not a betting man but I think when it’s said and done he’s the best pass catcher in the class!!! No his 40 isn’t great but I’ve watched him so many times he plays fast fast!!!

Maybe he can be like Garçon. Garçon wasn’t a burner either but Garçon was still a 4.48 guy. Maybe Harmon does better at his pro day or individual work outs? Does anyone know if he improved upon his combine 40?

2 hours ago, mar29020 said:

we cannot give up our 1 for rosen. we have keenum as a backup plan this year and leverage. there is always next year to draft.

Keenum is most likely a one a done player in DC. At best he’s re-signed next year to be our next Colt McCoy - aka vet back up - for whatever rookie we draft this year or next.

13 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I love Harmon!!! I’m not a betting man but I think when it’s said and done he’s the best pass catcher in the class!!! No his 40 isn’t great but I’ve watched him so many times he plays fast fast!!!

Play on the field matters more to me than every drill at the combine. His play speaks for itself. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Keenum is most likely a one a done player in DC. At best he’s re-signed next year to be our next Colt McCoy - aka vet back up - for whatever rookie we draft this year or next.

Keenum is good enough to get this team to a 500 or better record with the right supporting cast. Adding the right weapons around Keenum without trading for Rosen could get them in the playoffs. Trading a 1st round pick for Rosen would be embarrassing and just plain foolish. 

Arizona might not even take Murray, really don't get Rosen going to their OTA on Monday if he really is on his way out. Just doesn't make sense to have that awkward of a situation for them.

I've said it over and over, Arizona is playing a dangerous game if they really are taking Murray. What happens if the Giants really pass on Haskins and Denver goes defense in round 1? Miami is tanking evidently so that would leave Haskins, Lock, and Jones for two teams that would probably go QB. The Redskins and the Bengals (maybe) but they have big needs on defense. The Giants would probably go Hones at 17 leaving Lock on the board.

This is a scenario that could totally happen draft night. If it does where in the hell is the market for Rosen? That 2nd rounder that's supposedly on the table, well most likely gone. Then they look like total idiots and still have a crappy oline.

Anyone that says, well you draft Murray and keep Rosen. YEAH RIGHT! Have fun with that locker room 

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

Arizona might not even take Murray, really don't get Rosen going to their OTA on Monday if he really is on his way out. Just doesn't make sense to have that awkward of a situation for them.

I've said it over and over, Arizona is playing a dangerous game if they really are taking Murray. What happens if the Giants really pass on Haskins and Denver goes defense in round 1? Miami is tanking evidently so that would leave Haskins, Lock, and Jones for two teams that would probably go QB. The Redskins and the Bengals (maybe) but they have big needs on defense. The Giants would probably go Hones at 17 leaving Lock on the board.

This is a scenario that could totally happen draft night. If it does where in the hell is the market for Rosen? That 2nd rounder that's supposedly on the table, well most likely gone. Then they look like total idiots and still have a crappy oline.

Anyone that says, well you draft Murray and keep Rosen. YEAH RIGHT! Have fun with that locker room 

I agree Duke

If Arizona is really trading Rosen, it has to happen this wk-end or their going to have an akward OTA.

Otherwise, it's all a smokescreen & there really taking Bosa or some other player.

And if THAT'S the case, we need to just sit tight @15.

If we truly have that 2nd Rd offer to them? I wouldn't budge from that offer.

We need to get some WR weapons for this team.

With or without Rosen.

I'm tired of hoping for Doctson to develop & relying on Jordan Reed or Vernon Davis to make plays for this team.

With our running game, we could be a true viable threat to the NFC if we had players that can stretch the field.

Our Defense with the additions made already, could be a top 5-10 defense in this league. But we can't keep going 3 & out & expect our defense to sustain itself.

That's why we SHOULD trade for Rosen, if he's available. He cost pennies on the dollar in comparison & we can use our top draft choice or move down & gather more if necessary.

And to use those resources in getting the Brown boys, Metcalf, Isabella, Harmon or whomever...

This team needs talent & speed if possible on the outside cause quite frankly...Josh Doctson & the others isn't getting it done & I'm tired of waiting.

12 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Keenum is good enough to get this team to a 500 or better record with the right supporting cast. Adding the right weapons around Keenum without trading for Rosen could get them in the playoffs. Trading a 1st round pick for Rosen would be embarrassing and just plain foolish. 

Why is the goal to be around .500 like we’ve been the last 3 years?

The long game is getting a QB drafted high and on a rookie contract who can be our QB for the next 15 plus years.

12 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

So you’re telling me there’s a chance? Yeah, more like one in a million...

We saw what it was like with Cousins & RG3 in the locker room.

Can you imagine Rosen & Murray in the same locker room?

No way they can coexist.

So either Rosen is being dealt before OTA's or the draft, or Murray isn't being selected #1.

And if Murray isn't being selected #1, that changes this whole draft.

All of a sudden, the Raiders have a choice @#4.

The Giants @#6.

The Broncos @#10

The Bengals @#11

The Dolphins @#13

And our Skins @#15.

All of whom could go QB or someone else.

Not to mention tradeups.

It also increases the chances if Murray, Haskins & Lock being there @15.

If we make a move to trade up, I hope it's no earlier than 9.

Because we know Elway loves Lock.

But if it's Haskins, we may also need to trade up to Cincinnati or Miami with the Giants picking @#17.

Gonna be crazy!

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Why is the goal to be around .500 like we’ve been the last 3 years?

The long game is getting a QB drafted high and on a rookie contract who can be our QB for the next 15 plus years.

Thats not my goal, my goal is a SuperBowl. Even with that I'm not paying full price for a rookie QB in the Rosen situation. 

21 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Keenum sucks. The dude literally had one good year surrounded by the best receiving core on the planet. He will get us to 6-7 wins and keep us out of contention for the playoffs and the top 5 of the draft. The only reason Keenum is here is because they couldn’t afford to do anything else.

There will be a QB drafted or we’re trading for Rosen. They cannot roll this crap out onto the field and not expect the stadium to be empty. Now say you get Rosen, Brian Burns and somehow N’Keal Harry/Hollywood/Butler to go with our OL and Guice/CT25/AP then you’re working with something. Fans will show up for an exciting, young QB and offense. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Keenum sucks. The dude literally had one good year surrounded by the best receiving core on the planet. He will get us to 6-7 wins and keep us out of contention for the playoffs and the top 5 of the draft. The only reason Keenum is here is because they couldn’t afford to do anything else.

There will be a QB drafted or we’re trading for Rosen. They cannot roll this crap out onto the field and not expect the stadium to be empty. Now say you get Rosen, Brian Burns and somehow N’Keal Harry/Hollywood/Butler to go with our OL and Guice/CT25/AP then you’re working with something. Fans will show up for an exciting, young QB and offense. 

Fans would show up if you drafted those guys with Keenum as well. You might be down on Keenum but I'm interested in watching him throw to those same guys just as much as I would if it were Haskins, Rosen, Lock, or Jones. Here he would have one hell of a defense and a offense that has shown the ability to be at the top with Garcon/Jackson/Reed now you have Richardson/Doctson/Harry plus Guice/AP and their defense would be stacked with talent that gets to the QB. Burns/Foster/Collins added to the defense only makes that side of the ball better. Thats a team with talent that could sneak up on people. They where 5-1 last year before injuies started pilling up. 

On 4/6/2019 at 8:03 PM, Skins212689 said:

Fans would show up if you drafted those guys with Keenum as well. You might be down on Keenum but I'm interested in watching him throw to those same guys just as much as I would if it were Haskins, Rosen, Lock, or Jones. Here he would have one hell of a defense and a offense that has shown the ability to be at the top with Garcon/Jackson/Reed now you have Richardson/Doctson/Harry plus Guice/AP and their defense would be stacked with talent that gets to the QB. Burns/Foster/Collins added to the defense only makes that side of the ball better. Thats a team with talent that could sneak up on people. They where 5-1 last year before injuies started pilling up. 

Nobody is showing up to watch Keenum. It’s not Keenums fault but that was an awfully underwhelming pick up. He’s essentially a healthy Colt McCoy. 

Archived