Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
candyman93

Steve Wilks scheme

Recommended Posts

Wilks didn’t call plays in Arizona. I’m sure the scheme was still his but it’s still very hard to judge him as a playcaller. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wilks didn’t call plays in Arizona. I’m sure the scheme was still his but it’s still very hard to judge him as a playcaller. 

It’s designed to stop spread offenses. Remember when Michigan State gave OSU so much trouble under Narduzzi, this scheme is why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilks tends to run a zone defense more often than not, which calls for his linebackers to drop in coverage.  This may be a problem with our current linebackers.    I fully expect him to change his scheme up at least a little to accommodate the current talent on the team. 

 

I expect the base 4-3 to be the same, but they will run the nickel a lot bringing CB and S blitz's on the regular.   I think he blitzed something like 42% of the time in Carolina.  I expect that to be the same this year with the Browns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Wilks tends to run a zone defense more often than not, which calls for his linebackers to drop in coverage.  This may be a problem with our current linebackers.    I fully expect him to change his scheme up at least a little to accommodate the current talent on the team. 

Schobert was traded no. 2 in coverage by pff, FWIW.

47 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

 

I expect the base 4-3 to be the same, but they will run the nickel a lot bringing CB and S blitz's on the regular.   I think he blitzed something like 42% of the time in Carolina.  I expect that to be the same this year with the Browns. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:
2 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Wilks tends to run a zone defense more often than not, which calls for his linebackers to drop in coverage.  This may be a problem with our current linebackers.    I fully expect him to change his scheme up at least a little to accommodate the current talent on the team. 

Schobert was traded no. 2 in coverage by pff, FWIW

Yeah Joe is one of the better coverage LBs in the league. Could be why they wanted to truly beef up the DL with Richardson and Vernon cause they know they won’t be blitzing as often. Also Kirksey isn’t awful as coverage. 

I believe the LBs will make huge improvement because Blake Williams is no longer the coach. I thought he was garbage as a coach and wasn’t surprised he was a reason for a riff b/w Greggggg and Gase early on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Wilks tends to run a zone defense more often than not, which calls for his linebackers to drop in coverage.  This may be a problem with our current linebackers.    I fully expect him to change his scheme up at least a little to accommodate the current talent on the team

 

I expect the base 4-3 to be the same, but they will run the nickel a lot bringing CB and S blitz's on the regular.   I think he blitzed something like 42% of the time in Carolina.  I expect that to be the same this year with the Browns. 

I don’t. Coaches don’t change unfortunately. The next time I see a coordinator adjust to their players will be the first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t. Coaches don’t change unfortunately. The next time I see a coordinator adjust to their players will be the first. 

The hoody does it every year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tomahawk said:

The hoody does it every year. 

He’s the only one. It’s why he’s had sustainable success. OCs DCs ram their system into their team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s the only one. It’s why he’s had sustainable success. OCs DCs ram their system into their team. 

Freddie realizes this also and mentioned it on the 1st episode of building the Browns. I think he will ask his staff to adjust instead of going the Hue route of changing players until you can get something to work for your scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Freddie realizes this also and mentioned it on the 1st episode of building the Browns. I think he will ask his staff to adjust instead of going the Hue route of changing players until you can get something to work for your scheme.

Hues scheme requires 3 guys that can run sub 4.5 and be 6'3" plus withh great hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hues scheme requires 3 guys that can run sub 4.5 and be 6'3" plus withh great hands. 

And an offensive line that can keep a pocket clean for 4-5 seconds. You can do that sometimes but you can do that 20 times a game, game after game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

And an offensive line that can keep a pocket clean for 4-5 seconds. You can do that sometimes but you can do that 20 times a game, game after game.

Need my guys 

Joe Thomas larry allen alex mack zack martin Rooney Staley

Aj green julio and calvin johnson

Adrian Peterson 

Carson palmer

11-5 lose the wild card.

Edited by Kiwibrown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Need my guys 

Joe Thomas larry allen alex mack zack martin Rooney Staley

Aj green julio and clavin johnson

Adrian Peterson 

Carson palmer

0-16 fire offensive assistant and make a statement about taking over offense

 

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

same

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×