Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
candyman93

Steve Wilks scheme

Recommended Posts

I found this video that perfectly explains Wilk's scheme.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to watching these videos but in the meantime, on a scale of 1 to 10, with Gregg William's being a 10, how aggressive is Wilks scheme

Does it rely on the 4 DLmen getting the pressure or does he like to send extra people repeatedly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

I'm looking forward to watching these videos but in the meantime, on a scale of 1 to 10, with Gregg William's being a 10, how aggressive is Wilks scheme

Does it rely on the 4 DLmen getting the pressure or does he like to send extra people repeatedly?

Think Michigan State and Pat Narduzzi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

I'm looking forward to watching these videos but in the meantime, on a scale of 1 to 10, with Gregg William's being a 10, how aggressive is Wilks scheme

Does it rely on the 4 DLmen getting the pressure or does he like to send extra people repeatedly?

I have heard he likes to send 5 and cover with 6 a lot. 

A cover 3 shell with 3 underneath 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 We have 2 of the best man coverage corners to come out in years and he’s going to force them to play zone. Fire wilks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

 We have 2 of the best man coverage corners to come out in years and he’s going to force them to play zone. Fire wilks. 

It begins 😀.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I have heard he likes to send 5 and cover with 6 a lot. 

A cover 3 shell with 3 underneath 

It’s designed to stop spread offenses. I worry about it against a team like the Rams, but it would do surprising well against a team like New England. Bunch formations would be brutal to defend.

Edited by candyman93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It begins 😀.

He is our yet to be disproved weak link at this point, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

He is our yet to be disproved weak link at this point, imho.

Tayne sees a lot of potential in this @sdrawkcab321. Try to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by NudeTayne
Tayne is 100% accurate in evaluations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NudeTayne said:

Tayne sees a lot of potential in this @sdrawkcab321. Try to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, he has that...until/unless he uses it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s designed to stop spread offenses. I worry about it against a team like the Rams, but it would do surprising well against a team like New England. Bunch formations would be brutal to defend.

If it stops them sending white into the flat then it will work well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s designed to stop spread offenses. I worry about it against a team like the Rams, but it would do surprising well against a team like New England. Bunch formations would be brutal to defend.

And how will "it" work against PIT and BAL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sda is kinda right though. Denzel and Greedy would thrive in man to man. Greedy has phenomenal coverage skills. He’s the best at cutting off WRs routes.  

 

He he does exactly what a corner is supposed to do: cover the wide receiver. The difference between him and Denzel is that Denzel likes to hit. From what we saw, maybe that’s a good thing, because Denzel is going to end up getting CTE before he’s 25.

 

 

Edited by candyman93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

 We have 2 of the best man coverage corners to come out in years and he’s going to force them to play zone. Fire wilks. 

Or order him to tihs can his "scheme" and do some real coaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fire Wilks, confirmed.

Edited by NudeTayne
He's ruining our defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×