Steve Wilks scheme

candyman93

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to watching these videos but in the meantime, on a scale of 1 to 10, with Gregg William's being a 10, how aggressive is Wilks scheme

Does it rely on the 4 DLmen getting the pressure or does he like to send extra people repeatedly?

19 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

I'm looking forward to watching these videos but in the meantime, on a scale of 1 to 10, with Gregg William's being a 10, how aggressive is Wilks scheme

Does it rely on the 4 DLmen getting the pressure or does he like to send extra people repeatedly?

Think Michigan State and Pat Narduzzi.

3 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

I have heard he likes to send 5 and cover with 6 a lot. 

A cover 3 shell with 3 underneath 

26 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I have heard he likes to send 5 and cover with 6 a lot. 

A cover 3 shell with 3 underneath 

It’s designed to stop spread offenses. I worry about it against a team like the Rams, but it would do surprising well against a team like New England. Bunch formations would be brutal to defend.

Edited by candyman93

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s designed to stop spread offenses. I worry about it against a team like the Rams, but it would do surprising well against a team like New England. Bunch formations would be brutal to defend.

If it stops them sending white into the flat then it will work well 

31 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

And how will "it" work against PIT and BAL?

Sda is kinda right though. Denzel and Greedy would thrive in man to man. Greedy has phenomenal coverage skills. He’s the best at cutting off WRs routes.  

He he does exactly what a corner is supposed to do: cover the wide receiver. The difference between him and Denzel is that Denzel likes to hit. From what we saw, maybe that’s a good thing, because Denzel is going to end up getting CTE before he’s 25.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We have 2 of the best man coverage corners to come out in years and he’s going to force them to play zone. Fire wilks. 

Or order him to tihs can his "scheme" and do some real coaching.