Duke Johnson trade imminent. *updates to come*

NudeTayne

Compensation  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do we get for Duke?

• A slice of humble pie. We ain't gettin' jack squat other than a swap of late picks.
    • Gareon Conley after we toss in a late rounder.
    • 5th rounder.
    • 4th rounder.
    • 3rd rounder.
    • 2nd rounder. Just kidding. Hornby.
    • Another swap for a no-name player who will end up outplaying the guy we gave up.

He's more valuable to us than he will be other teams.  I don't see anything more than a 5th at the very most, if we're talking draft picks.  Who is going to give up a 4th or higher to pay a pass catching back $5M p/season, when that team can use a 4th round draft pick, or even a later one, to get a pass catching back on a rookie deal?  A player-for-player deal where another team is looking to get rid of someone seems the most likely to me, unless we really settle for late-round value. 

Of the poll options, I'd be fine with a guy like Conley, who could possibly add depth and potential at the CB position.  I'm not sure how eager Oakland really is to ship him off though. 

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He's more valuable to us than he will be other teams.  I don't see anything more than a 5th at the very most, if we're talking draft picks.  Who is going to give up a 4th or higher to pay a pass catching back $5M p/season, when that team can use a 4th round draft pick, or even a later one, to get a pass catching back on a rookie deal?  A player-for-player deal where another team is looking to get rid of someone seems the most likely to me, unless we really settle for late-round value. 

Of the poll options, I'd be fine with a guy like Conley, who could possibly add depth and potential at the CB position.  I'm not sure how eager Oakland really is to ship him off though. 

Agreed. Except I cannot imagine the Raiders trading Conley for a RB like Duke and a late round pick.