NudeTayne

Duke Johnson trade imminent. *updates to come*

Compensation  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do we get for Duke?

• A slice of humble pie. We ain't gettin' jack squat other than a swap of late picks.
    • Gareon Conley after we toss in a late rounder.
    • 5th rounder.
    • 4th rounder.
    • 3rd rounder.
    • 2nd rounder. Just kidding. Hornby.
    • Another swap for a no-name player who will end up outplaying the guy we gave up.

He's more valuable to us than he will be other teams.  I don't see anything more than a 5th at the very most, if we're talking draft picks.  Who is going to give up a 4th or higher to pay a pass catching back $5M p/season, when that team can use a 4th round draft pick, or even a later one, to get a pass catching back on a rookie deal?  A player-for-player deal where another team is looking to get rid of someone seems the most likely to me, unless we really settle for late-round value. 

Of the poll options, I'd be fine with a guy like Conley, who could possibly add depth and potential at the CB position.  I'm not sure how eager Oakland really is to ship him off though. 

Duke and a round 6 pick for Aaron Donald and the Rams 1st.  Make it happen Dorsey!

57 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Some late round pick Dorsey drafted years ago. 

Tanoh Kpassagnon.

But boy do I hope it's for something

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He's more valuable to us than he will be other teams.  I don't see anything more than a 5th at the very most, if we're talking draft picks.  Who is going to give up a 4th or higher to pay a pass catching back $5M p/season, when that team can use a 4th round draft pick, or even a later one, to get a pass catching back on a rookie deal?  A player-for-player deal where another team is looking to get rid of someone seems the most likely to me, unless we really settle for late-round value. 

Of the poll options, I'd be fine with a guy like Conley, who could possibly add depth and potential at the CB position.  I'm not sure how eager Oakland really is to ship him off though. 

Agreed. Except I cannot imagine the Raiders trading Conley for a RB like Duke and a late round pick.

I'd trade Duke straight up for a solid kicker. I'm dead serious. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'd trade Duke straight up for a solid kicker. I'm dead serious. 

Mason Crosby who says no

Posted (edited)

We are on the precipice!!!!

Edited by MistaBohmbastic
I love football on TV, shots of Gina Lee, dogs that love cats, twins, and Duke Johnson

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Mason Crosby who says no

I love that you came in for a kicker zinger. 

5 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Duke and a round 6 pick for Aaron Donald and the Rams 1st.  Make it happen Dorsey!

Gettleman is only GM of the Giants, unfortunately.

Just touching base with everyone. Trade talks are going well and the plan is to move Duke before the draft. Thank you all for your patience.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Just touching base with everyone. Trade talks are going well and the plan is to move Duke before the draft. Thank you all for your patience.

Oversold, under-delivered so far.