Jump to content
NudeTayne

Duke Johnson trade imminent. *updates to come*

Compensation  

31 members have voted

  1. 1. What do we get for Duke?

    • A slice of humble pie. We ain't gettin' jack squat other than a swap of late picks.
      6
    • Gareon Conley after we toss in a late rounder.
      2
    • 5th rounder.
      8
    • 4th rounder.
      5
    • 3rd rounder.
      2
    • 2nd rounder. Just kidding. Hornby.
      1
    • Another swap for a no-name player who will end up outplaying the guy we gave up.
      7


Recommended Posts

The Browns are in no hurry to make this trade.  And it is likely nothing will happen until draft night or later.  I wouldn't bank on Hilliard being the only or second running back when they trade Duke.  Dorsey will likely add depth in the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

The Browns are in no hurry to make this trade.  And it is likely nothing will happen until draft night or later.  I wouldn't bank on Hilliard being the only or second running back when they trade Duke.  Dorsey will likely add depth in the draft. 

I hope not. We don't need a draft pick. We need an UDFA (Qadree Ollison/Darrin Hall). I'd be kind of annoyed if we spent a draft pick on a future 3rd string RB.

 

I honestly hope the market for Duke is terrible and we just keep him. He's my favorite Brown...or was, before we got Baker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By "add depth in the draft" I simply meant they would bring someone in during the draft process.  This includes those that go undrafted.  

 

Keep in mind that we have 8 draft picks.  We honestly have a need for like 3-4  players.   If we don't package any to move up, we can afford to burn a pick on a RB that contributes on special teams as well. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

By "add depth in the draft" I simply meant they would bring someone in during the draft process.  This includes those that go undrafted.  

 

Keep in mind that we have 8 draft picks.  We honestly have a need for like 3-4  players.   If we don't package any to move up, we can afford to burn a pick on a RB that contributes on special teams as well. 

 

 

We need 3-4 linebackers, never mind upgrades and depth for other positions. At least two picks on DBs, maybe a TE, an OL, quality depth on the DL. We also need to stagger the rookie contracts so cheaper players can take over positions to keep the spending down for when we pay Garrett, Baker, Ward etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah no.  We have 7 linebackers right now.  We don't have room for 4 more.  We need to find ONE that can develop into a starter.  Or some of the current ones to progress.  But I would be quite content starting the season with Avery, Schobert, Kirksey, Taylor, and Armstrong. 

 

You can only have a 53 man roster come September.

2-3 QBs

3-4 RBs

6-7 WRs

3-4 TEs(this is counting 1 as a FB)

8-9 OL

That is a minimum of 22 on the offense of the 53 man roster.

8-9 DL

6-7 LBs

11-12 DBs

That is a minimum of 25 on the defensive side of the ball. 

That's a minimum of 47 of the 53 man roster with your last 5-6 spots in flux to find the best talent at the bottom.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

By "add depth in the draft" I simply meant they would bring someone in during the draft process.  This includes those that go undrafted.  

 

Keep in mind that we have 8 draft picks.  We honestly have a need for like 3-4  players.   If we don't package any to move up, we can afford to burn a pick on a RB that contributes on special teams as well. 

 

 

We need a #2 TE, we need at least 1 DT, we need a 3rd string/developmental young QB, we need a backup MLB, we need a backup OLB and at least 2 CB's, we dont need starters like in other years....but I would disagree that we need only 3-4 players (I'd say 7-8 maybe 9 if we trade duke and cut some of the dead weight at DT)

Welcome to the Board :D

Edited by DaWg_LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I hope not. We don't need a draft pick. We need an UDFA (Qadree Ollison/Darrin Hall). I'd be kind of annoyed if we spent a draft pick on a future 3rd string RB.

 

I honestly hope the market for Duke is terrible and we just keep him. He's my favorite Brown...or was, before we got Baker.

I honestly wouldn't mind drafting a RB if it is a value move.

For example, we have (3) 5th round picks.  If Bryce Love is available with one of those 5th round picks, I would see that as a great value pick.

Injuries and durability concerns drop him in the draft, was once a first round pick, has the talent to help the team like duke but will be the 3rd stringer next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2019 at 9:28 AM, brooks1957 said:

Think you need to redefine "imminent"

 

On 4/8/2019 at 2:04 PM, NudeTayne said:

Just touching base with everyone. Trade talks are going well and the plan is to move Duke. Thank you all for your patience.

 

Edited by NudeTayne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2019 at 9:42 AM, freakygeniuskid said:

 

On 4/8/2019 at 2:04 PM, NudeTayne said:

Just touching base with everyone. Trade talks are going well and the plan is to move Duke. Thank you all for your patience.

 

Edited by NudeTayne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CBrownsman said:

I honestly wouldn't mind drafting a RB if it is a value move.

That's really the crux of the argument.  We don't have glaring needs, and we can go BPA.  This is where late round steals are found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I blame this on John Dorsey opening his stupid mouth with the "he's not disposable....yet..."

We aren't gonna get squat for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rod Johnson said:

I blame this on John Dorsey opening his stupid mouth with the "he's not disposable....yet..."

We aren't gonna get squat for him.

We have Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt.  We weren't gonna get anything for Duke even if Dorsey declared him the bestest indispensable player of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×