Duke Johnson trade imminent. *updates to come*

NudeTayne

Compensation  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do we get for Duke?

• A slice of humble pie. We ain't gettin' jack squat other than a swap of late picks.
    • Gareon Conley after we toss in a late rounder.
    • 5th rounder.
    • 4th rounder.
    • 3rd rounder.
    • 2nd rounder. Just kidding. Hornby.
    • Another swap for a no-name player who will end up outplaying the guy we gave up.

The Browns are in no hurry to make this trade.  And it is likely nothing will happen until draft night or later.  I wouldn't bank on Hilliard being the only or second running back when they trade Duke.  Dorsey will likely add depth in the draft. 

36 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

The Browns are in no hurry to make this trade.  And it is likely nothing will happen until draft night or later.  I wouldn't bank on Hilliard being the only or second running back when they trade Duke.  Dorsey will likely add depth in the draft. 

I hope not. We don't need a draft pick. We need an UDFA (Qadree Ollison/Darrin Hall). I'd be kind of annoyed if we spent a draft pick on a future 3rd string RB.

I honestly hope the market for Duke is terrible and we just keep him. He's my favorite Brown...or was, before we got Baker.

By "add depth in the draft" I simply meant they would bring someone in during the draft process.  This includes those that go undrafted.  

Keep in mind that we have 8 draft picks.  We honestly have a need for like 3-4  players.   If we don't package any to move up, we can afford to burn a pick on a RB that contributes on special teams as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

By "add depth in the draft" I simply meant they would bring someone in during the draft process.  This includes those that go undrafted.  

Keep in mind that we have 8 draft picks.  We honestly have a need for like 3-4  players.   If we don't package any to move up, we can afford to burn a pick on a RB that contributes on special teams as well. 

We need 3-4 linebackers, never mind upgrades and depth for other positions. At least two picks on DBs, maybe a TE, an OL, quality depth on the DL. We also need to stagger the rookie contracts so cheaper players can take over positions to keep the spending down for when we pay Garrett, Baker, Ward etc.

• Like 1

Yeah no.  We have 7 linebackers right now.  We don't have room for 4 more.  We need to find ONE that can develop into a starter.  Or some of the current ones to progress.  But I would be quite content starting the season with Avery, Schobert, Kirksey, Taylor, and Armstrong. 

You can only have a 53 man roster come September.

2-3 QBs

3-4 RBs

6-7 WRs

3-4 TEs(this is counting 1 as a FB)

8-9 OL

That is a minimum of 22 on the offense of the 53 man roster.

8-9 DL

6-7 LBs

11-12 DBs

That is a minimum of 25 on the defensive side of the ball. 

That's a minimum of 47 of the 53 man roster with your last 5-6 spots in flux to find the best talent at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

We need a #2 TE, we need at least 1 DT, we need a 3rd string/developmental young QB, we need a backup MLB, we need a backup OLB and at least 2 CB's, we dont need starters like in other years....but I would disagree that we need only 3-4 players (I'd say 7-8 maybe 9 if we trade duke and cut some of the dead weight at DT)

Welcome to the Board :D

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I hope not. We don't need a draft pick. We need an UDFA (Qadree Ollison/Darrin Hall). I'd be kind of annoyed if we spent a draft pick on a future 3rd string RB.

I honestly hope the market for Duke is terrible and we just keep him. He's my favorite Brown...or was, before we got Baker.

I honestly wouldn't mind drafting a RB if it is a value move.

For example, we have (3) 5th round picks.  If Bryce Love is available with one of those 5th round picks, I would see that as a great value pick.

Injuries and durability concerns drop him in the draft, was once a first round pick, has the talent to help the team like duke but will be the 3rd stringer next year.

On 4/10/2019 at 9:28 AM, brooks1957 said:

Think you need to redefine "imminent"

On 4/8/2019 at 2:04 PM, NudeTayne said:

Just touching base with everyone. Trade talks are going well and the plan is to move Duke. Thank you all for your patience.

Edited by NudeTayne

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

I blame this on John Dorsey opening his stupid mouth with the "he's not disposable....yet..."

We aren't gonna get squat for him.

We have Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt.  We weren't gonna get anything for Duke even if Dorsey declared him the bestest indispensable player of all time.

• Like 3