Duke Johnson trade imminent. *updates to come*

NudeTayne

Compensation  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do we get for Duke?

• A slice of humble pie. We ain't gettin' jack squat other than a swap of late picks.
    • Gareon Conley after we toss in a late rounder.
    • 5th rounder.
    • 4th rounder.
    • 3rd rounder.
    • 2nd rounder. Just kidding. Hornby.
    • Another swap for a no-name player who will end up outplaying the guy we gave up.

20 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Yeah no.  We have 7 linebackers right now.  We don't have room for 4 more.  We need to find ONE that can develop into a starter.  Or some of the current ones to progress.  But I would be quite content starting the season with Avery, Schobert, Kirksey, Taylor, and Armstrong. 

You can only have a 53 man roster come September.

2-3 QBs

3-4 RBs

6-7 WRs

3-4 TEs(this is counting 1 as a FB)

8-9 OL

That is a minimum of 22 on the offense of the 53 man roster.

8-9 DL

6-7 LBs

11-12 DBs

That is a minimum of 25 on the defensive side of the ball. 

That's a minimum of 47 of the 53 man roster with your last 5-6 spots in flux to find the best talent at the bottom.

Kirksey needs to play well to not get cut at the end of this year, Schobert may have priced himself of being able to re-sign him, I like Avery, but I wouldn't want him to be an every-down LB. Taylor and Armstrong are just bodies. We need to draft at least one LB high and ideally one late.

I don't know what team carries 7 WRs on their roster.

We need high DB talent and depth, DL depth. TE2 can be upgraded. And we need to get guys in ready to take over for players that we can't afford to re-sign.

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Just touching base with everyone. Trade talks are going well and the plan is to move Duke before the draft. Thank you all for your patience.

Oh, I saw. But you clearly need more pressure in order to perform.

We currently have 5 TEs on the roster.  Njoku obviously being the #1. Seth DeValve is still on the team and likely slotted to battle Demetrius Harris for the #2 spot.   With Orson Charles likely bringing up the rear at #4.  Where is the need to draft one?

We have 13 DLs on the roster.  Im guessing we add 2 in the draft itself and probably 1-2 UDFAs if they think they have more potential than what we currently have on the roster. 

We signed Garrett Gilbert as the #3 now.  My bet is that Dorsey will not burn a draft pick on a QB unless a stellar one falls in the 4th or 5th.  The most likely outcome is they bring in another UDFA for the 90 man roster to compete, who ends up on the practice squad, while Gilbert remains the #3.

MLB we have Schobert and Kirksey as our T1s.  We have Taylor and Armstrong as backups.  I would argue we have a greater need at OLB in the draft.  

I believe Dorsey will got BPA with the first 2 picks, and then use the rest to jump around, and or fill what he believes are positional needs.   I haven't put as much effort into researching this years draft as I did in years passed due to health issues, and well Baker MFing Mayfield.  But I think we will go BPA in DL, CB, or Safety with the first 2 picks, and then fill out the remaining roster needs with whatever falls after that.  

We have 72 of the intial 90 man roster already slotted(yes Im aware they can cut and sign others).  But in the grand scheme we can only have 53.  I believe 45 of the current 72 will make the roster.  Which leaves 8 spots for the remaining 27 + whomever we pick up in the draft and UDFAs.  

So yes.  I agree we need 8(9 if we trade Duke) to fill out the 53 man roster.  However those 8-9 are not all coming via the draft.  I believe we will get 3-4 via the draft, and the remaining 4-5 spots will be in flux throughout the season.  

Edited by Tomahawk
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

We currently have 5 TEs on the roster.  Njoku obviously being the #1. Seth DeValve is still on the team and likely slotted to battle Demetrius Harris for the #2 spot.   With Orson Charles likely bringing up the rear at #4.  Where is the need to draft one?

We have 13 DLs on the roster.  Im guessing we add 2 in the draft itself and probably 1-2 UDFAs if they think they have more potential than what we currently have on the roster. 

We signed Garrett Gilbert as the #3 now.  My bet is that Dorsey will not burn a draft pick on a QB unless a stellar one falls in the 4th or 5th.  The most likely outcome is they bring in another UDFA for the 90 man roster to compete, who ends up on the practice squad, while Gilbert remains the #3.

MLB we have Schobert and Kirksey as our T1s.  We have Taylor and Armstrong as backups.  I would argue we have a greater need at OLB in the draft.  

I believe Dorsey will got BPA with the first 2 picks, and then use the rest to jump around, and or fill what he believes are positional needs.   I haven't put as much effort into researching this years draft as I did in years passed due to health issues, and well Baker MFing Mayfield.  But I think we will go BPA in DL, CB, or Safety with the first 2 picks, and then fill out the remaining roster needs with whatever falls after that.  

We have 72 of the intial 90 man roster already slotted(yes Im aware they can cut and sign others).  But in the grand scheme we can only have 53.  I believe 45 of the current 72 will make the roster.  Which leaves 8 spots for the remaining 27 + whomever we pick up in the draft and UDFAs.  

So yes.  I agree we need 8(9 if we trade Duke) to fill out the 53 man roster.  However those 8-9 are not all coming via the draft.  I believe we will get 3-4 via the draft, and the remaining 4-5 spots will be in flux throughout the season.  

Just having names and bodies doesn't mean squat. Most of the players on this team can (and should be) upgraded.

DeValve has no value and hasn't shown anything other than being injury prone, Harris hasn't proved a thing, Charles is our FB. There's two spots there.

I can't even be bothered with the rest. Just know that you're wrong.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Oh, I saw. But you clearly need more pressure in order to perform.

Tayne does indeed thrive under pressure. That said, we're looking to maximize value on this smaller transaction and this haven't been able to speed it through. The hope is that injuries around the league can bump Duke's value up a round, as the current offers are forgettable.

1 minute ago, Don Roshi said:

Just having names and bodies doesn't mean squat. Most of the players on this team can (and should be) upgraded.

DeValve has no value and hasn't shown anything other than being injury prone, Harris hasn't proved a thing, Charles is our FB. There's two spots there.

I can't even be bothered with the rest. Just know that you're wrong.

Of course you should always be upgrading.  But the chances of finding upgrades in the 6th and 7th round are minuscule.  

DeValve has little value compared to Njoku sure.  But he is a solid blocking TE.  Harris is a Dorsey guy.  You think he brought him in to cut him?  

I'm glad you can put a little effort into a discussion.  I would bet tickets to any game but the opener that we do not draft a TE. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Of course you should always be upgrading.  But the chances of finding upgrades in the 6th and 7th round are minuscule.  

DeValve has little value compared to Njoku sure.  But he is a solid blocking TE.  Harris is a Dorsey guy.  You think he brought him in to cut him?  

I'm glad you can put a little effort into a discussion.  I would bet tickets to any game but the opener that we do not draft a TE. 

I expect Dorsey to find value throughout the draft. Avery was a 5th round pick.

DeValve barely lines up. We really need a TE2. Our WR aren't the biggest, so having another redzone threat would be nice. I know we were solid in the second half of the season in that department though. I also know that Harris is a big guy, but there's at least one spot open, with a second that can use some competition.

I live in England and unfortunately don't have the money to fly to Cleveland.

2 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I honestly wouldn't mind drafting a RB if it is a value move.

For example, we have (3) 5th round picks.  If Bryce Love is available with one of those 5th round picks, I would see that as a great value pick.

Injuries and durability concerns drop him in the draft, was once a first round pick, has the talent to help the team like duke but will be the 3rd stringer next year.

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Trade up for Hockenson or Adderley.

Hockenson is being projected at the top of the draft in the 8-18 range. He could fall, but a lot people have him as a blue chip prospect 

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Sit back and wait for Taylor Rapp.

Those are my draft day dreams.