Duke Johnson trade imminent. *updates to come*

NudeTayne

Compensation  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do we get for Duke?

• A slice of humble pie. We ain't gettin' jack squat other than a swap of late picks.
    • Gareon Conley after we toss in a late rounder.
    • 5th rounder.
    • 4th rounder.
    • 3rd rounder.
    • 2nd rounder. Just kidding. Hornby.
    • Another swap for a no-name player who will end up outplaying the guy we gave up.

I doubt DeValve makes the team. We don't really need a pass catching TE. We had 122 targets to T.E.'s last year (including fullbacks) 88 were to Njoku. There will probably be less targets to go to that group this year and Njoku will get the vast majority of those so likely we're looking at a TE 2 to get maybe 20 targets or about 1 per game. Harris had 25 targets last year so I expect him to play that same role here.

Yes, you always try to upgrade positions but you don't use resources that would be better used elsewhere to upgrade a position that will likely be of very little significance.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The only way we draft a TE early is if one of them drops like Hock. He would be too good to pass up at 49, so good he wont be there. 

Noah Fant is really good, as well as Irv Smith. I'd be great with one of those 2 in the second if/when Hock isn't there. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

We have Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt.  We weren't gonna get anything for Duke even if Dorsey declared him the bestest indispensable player of all time.

So what are we gonna end up doing?  Releasing the guy?

I'd rather keep him for the first 8 weeks of the season or as the primary backup, but there's no chance Duke would even want to play for us after his GM basically said he doesn't want him.  I mean merely signing Hunt may have been enough to tick Duke off, but meathead basically guaranteed we won't see him this season before even seeing if we could get anything for him.  That was dumb.

There is zero chance we release Duke.  He is under contract until the end of 2021.  

Duke's agent is likely the one working to find a trade partner for the Browns.  And the reality is, the Browns value him more than he is worth currently to other teams.  He doesn't have the clout to pull a Le'Veon Bell.  Which means he will show up for mandatory meetings and workouts.  Which none have happened yet.  

At best we get a 4th/5th rounder for him, and I don't think that happens until the draft.   If anything happens prior to that it will be for a player and potentially swapping late round picks with someone.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

There is zero chance we release Duke.  He is under contract until the end of 2021.  

Duke's agent is likely the one working to find a trade partner for the Browns.  And the reality is, the Browns value him more than he is worth currently to other teams.  He doesn't have the clout to pull a Le'Veon Bell.  Which means he will show up for mandatory meetings and workouts.  Which none have happened yet.  

At best we get a 4th/5th rounder for him, and I don't think that happens until the draft.   If anything happens prior to that it will be for a player and potentially swapping late round picks with someone.   

"WELCOME TO THE FORUM", @Tomahawk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

The people are getting restless @NudeTayne

Good, good...all according to the plan.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sigh, just want y'all to trade him already. 

Just want to know if he'll come to Philly or if that option is off the table, because someone else gives a better offer. :S 

Can confirm that talks with Philly are still alive and well. Corey Clement trade is #fakenews, though.

Just now, NudeTayne said:

Can confirm that talks with Philly are still alive and well. Corey Clement trade is #fakenews, though.

Hadn't heard those rumors, but I couldn't believe them truthfully even if I did. Clement ain't going anywhere. With or without Duke Johnson, I think that Clement is still #2 on our depth chart, though we use 3 backs with good regularity so it's not as if Duke still won't get a workload here. 

If I'm Howie I'm offering our 5th for Duke straight up. If we don't get him, I want us to take someone in the 4th round. Like Justice Hill or if some how Miles Sanders falls.