Duke Johnson trade imminent. *updates to come*

NudeTayne

Compensation  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do we get for Duke?

• A slice of humble pie. We ain't gettin' jack squat other than a swap of late picks.
    • Gareon Conley after we toss in a late rounder.
    • 5th rounder.
    • 4th rounder.
    • 3rd rounder.
    • 2nd rounder. Just kidding. Hornby.
    • Another swap for a no-name player who will end up outplaying the guy we gave up.

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’ll give you a trade 

Browns send 49, our 4th, and Duke Johnson 

Raiders send pick 24

we draft Andre Dillard, Garrett Bradbury, or Jawaun James

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

same.

Edited by NudeTayne
*Ja'Wuan - learn to ****ing spell, Bronwie

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Am hearing humors teams other than Philly are “in the mix.” @NudeTayne

Yes, but we're keeping it close to the vest and waiting for the right deal. Duke's value to the team is set around a mid or late 4th. Philly has a very intelligent FO and will likely not be the team we end up doing business with, though we are keeping options open and intentionally leaked the failed Clement idea to see if we can bump up Duke's value. 

Keep an eye on the Raiders as a dark-horse.

Edited by NudeTayne

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’ll give you a trade 

Browns send 49, our 4th, and Duke Johnson 

Raiders send pick 24

we draft Jeffery Simmons 

Not a realistic trade at all truthfully. That values Johnson somewhere around pick 63-64. Way higher than he would likely fetch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

That's some conviction you've got there buddyboy.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I ponder whether to jump into a debate witchu.

Wise move.

Edited by Thomas5737
If it is Hawkins I say we immediately send him to the HOF, I'll gladly give up my spot if needed.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

"WELCOME TO THE FORUM", @Tomahawk.

Thanks.  Pleasure to be here. 

13 hours ago, Danger said:

Hadn't heard those rumors, but I couldn't believe them truthfully even if I did. Clement ain't going anywhere. With or without Duke Johnson, I think that Clement is still #2 on our depth chart, though we use 3 backs with good regularity so it's not as if Duke still won't get a workload here. 

If I'm Howie I'm offering our 5th for Duke straight up. If we don't get him, I want us to take someone in the 4th round. Like Justice Hill or if some how Miles Sanders falls.

Philly has been the center of the trade talks(sprinkled in with a little bit of Jets and Raiders).  Currently the rumor looks like Philly is holding out closer to the draft hoping we will take their second 4th rounder instead of their first.  

7 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

That's some conviction you've got there buddyboy.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I ponder whether to jump into a debate witchu.

I'm just being realistic.  We have David Njoku.  This isn't 2013 when Dorsey had his number 1 need cleared up in the 1st round, and Kelce fell to him at a steal, when their incumbent was a no name scrub in Moeaki.  They had a clear need for a difference making tight end.  We do not.  So I just don't see how we burn our top pick on a position that isn't even close to the top of our needs.  

If any offensive position is targeted first, it would have to be OT.  That is the only way I see Dorsey going any other route than defense.  This is a strong draft for the front 7.  And there could be a huge steal in the secondary at 49(or earlier if we trade up).  Im looking for Dorsey to solidify that defense, to make it as strong as our offense.  

Edited by Tomahawk
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Thanks.  Pleasure to be here. 

Philly has been the center of the trade talks(sprinkled in with a little bit of Jets and Raiders).  Currently the rumor looks like Philly is holding out closer to the draft hoping we will take their second 4th rounder instead of their first.  

I'm just being realistic.  We have David Njoku.  This isn't 2013 when Dorsey had his number 1 need cleared up in the 1st round, and Kelce fell to him at a steal, when their incumbent was a no name scrub in Moeaki.  They had a clear need for a difference making tight end.  We do not.  So I just don't see how we burn our top pick on a position that isn't even close to the top of our needs.  

If any offensive position is targeted first, it would have to be OT.  That is the only way I see Dorsey going any other route than defense.  This is a strong draft for the front 7.  And there could be a huge steal in the secondary at 49(or earlier if we trade up).  Im looking for Dorsey to solidify that defense, to make it as strong as our offense.  

Disagree. You're going to tell me we don't need a TE, with your only argument being David Njoku? We're talking about building an offense around a QB whose favorite target has ALWAYS been the TE position based on his time at OU. If we only needed one TE, we wouldn't have Seth Devalve and Demetrius Harris on the roster. Each one fills a different niche, and I think that Devalve role is in dire need of an upgrade.

So sure, maybe having a second great TE is not necessary. It's a luxury. But the Browns are finally in position to afford that luxury.

Don't tell me there's no room for another great TE. That's bogus. David Njoku is not an excuse for passing up on an elite TE if that's who they covet!