Duke Johnson trade imminent. *updates to come*

NudeTayne

Compensation  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do we get for Duke?

• A slice of humble pie. We ain't gettin' jack squat other than a swap of late picks.
    • Gareon Conley after we toss in a late rounder.
    • 5th rounder.
    • 4th rounder.
    • 3rd rounder.
    • 2nd rounder. Just kidding. Hornby.
    • Another swap for a no-name player who will end up outplaying the guy we gave up.

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

What do you have to say about this @NudeTayne?

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Apparently JD disagrees with Nude. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026992/article/browns-gm-maintains-duke-johnsons-vital-role

Or maybe @NudeTayne/John Dorsey has split personalities? 

I don’t know. But I do know that they are not going to give him away, with our running back situation behind Nick Chubb the first half of the year. 

We've stated from the get-go that we would not trade Duke unless it made sense both for Duke and for the organization to make that move. The trade compensation has been lacking thus far, and Duke is a quality talent with a fair contract to both the player and team. If it works out for us trading him, we will.

Edited by NudeTayne
tl;dr This trade is imminent.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

More likely Duke and a pick for McCoy

Want a way to keep the roll over cap high. 

Three options are Robinson, bitonio, tretter. 

Bitonios contract is great, so tretter and Robinson are options. But it would be robbing peter to pay paul.

35 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Want a way to keep the roll over cap high. 

Three options are Robinson, bitonio, tretter. 

Bitonios contract is great, so tretter and Robinson are options. But it would be robbing peter to pay paul.

We can’t be giving oline away. It’s draft picks or we don’t get him. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

We can’t be giving oline away. It’s draft picks or we don’t get him. 

I mean it cant cost too much TBH. Maybe a 5th? McCoys 31 years old coming off a season where he graded as the #30 DT in the NFL carrying a massive $13m salary for the next 3 years that the Bucs dont want to keep. They dont have any dead money either if they cut him so the Browns could be in the position of power knowing that the Bucs might just unload him anyways as a training camp roster casualty. 

Could force their hand proposing a 'take this mid-round pick and like it before you cut him for nothing' type of offer.

Edited by AkronsWitness

22 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean it cant cost too much TBH. Maybe a 5th? McCoys 31 years old coming off a season where he graded as the #30 DT in the NFL carrying a massive $13m salary for the next 3 years that the Bucs dont want to keep. They dont have any dead money either if they cut him so the Browns could be in the position of power knowing that the Bucs might just unload him anyways as a training camp roster casualty. 

Could force their hand proposing a 'take this mid-round pick and like it before you cut him for nothing' type of offer.

Yeah my only point here was I’m not giving up oline for him. I have no idea how much he’ll cost. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah my only point here was I’m not giving up oline for him. I have no idea how much he’ll cost. 

I agree. From the article I just read it sounds like the Bucs so have some sort of interest in Duke considering the Bucs are really going to trot out Peyton Barber and Ronald Jones.

Mayfield has a relationship with McCoy from being a OU alum so I assume that is at least a small percent why the Browns have interest. He would also be a really good veteran leader in the lockerroom so I would be on board with that.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

I agree. From the article I just read it sounds like the Bucs so have some sort of interest in Duke considering the Bucs are really going to trot out Peyton Barber and Ronald Jones.

Mayfield has a relationship with McCoy from being a OU alum so I assume that is at least a small percent why the Browns have interest. He would also be a really good veteran leader in the lockerroom so I would be on board with that.

The thing I like is an ultra talented dlinemen in a position we need depth. 

We could get away with playing Richardson, larry and McCoy for most of the game, the heat would never stop from the interior and the edge guys coming. We could be winning games from our defense alone.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The thing I like is an ultra talented dlinemen in a position we need depth. 

We could get away with playing Richardson, larry and McCoy for most of the game, the heat would never stop from the interior and the edge guys coming. We could be winning games from our defense alone.

Yeah, also Garrett/Larry/Sheldon/McCoy/Vernon/Kirksey/Schobert/Avery/Mack/Takitaki should be able to absolutely blow up much of that Ravens run heavy attack.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

I don't get the Duke trade scenario, at least not yet. 2020 maybe, but why now? If (against all things Holy) Chubb gets hurt early and Duke's gone - who's left? Hunt's half a season away. And to get what for DJ ...a 5th? 5TH?? He is immeasurably more valuable as an offensive player, even in a niche role.  2020 comes, you at least have some answers regarding Hunt or maybe even now of these UDFA RB's. To me, moving him, even if he wants it, makes no sense at this time. Find a role for him and let him contribute. 

12 minutes ago, StewieRules said:

I don't get the Duke trade scenario, at least not yet. 2020 maybe, but why now? If (against all things Holy) Chubb gets hurt early and Duke's gone - who's left? Hunt's half a season away. And to get what for DJ ...a 5th? 5TH?? He is immeasurably more valuable as an offensive player, even in a niche role.  2020 comes, you at least have some answers regarding Hunt or maybe even now of these UDFA RB's. To me, moving him, even if he wants it, makes no sense at this time. Find a role for him and let him contribute. 

It’s really easy. Duke can be replaced perhaps as early as this year with that UDFA we got this year. What’s his name again?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, StewieRules said:

To be fair, Dukes not gonna start regardless of who gets hurt. He can’t handle more than 8 carries a game without getting hurt himself.