Preseason Week 4: New York Giants @ New England Patriots

Acgott

Rudolph is making the decision at WR difficult. Same for Lacosse at TE. Shane Smith has to make the 53 at this point. He's been really good. 

Ill have more evaluations after the game, but so far Fluker and Wheeler have been really impressive as well. Bisnowaty has been very bad. 

More observations:

-Wheeler looked great this game. Solid footwork, good hand usage, solid anchor. He is going to make the 53 and shows a lot of encouraging signs that he could develop into a started later down the line. He's a natural LT. 

-Fluker looked great as well, even better than Wheeler. He envelopes people. What is more encouraging than just his overall great play was seeing him have no issues recognizing and picking up DL stunts, which he has notoriously had trouble with in the past. He moved people in the run game and was rock solid in pass pro. 

-Shane Smith needs to make the team. At the very least, it is obvious our RBs love running with a FB blocking for them out in front. Darkwa, Draughn, Vereen, and Gallman all made at least one cut off a Shane Smith block in the hole to get extra yardage, sometimes leading to a huge play. Darkwa looked great especially running behind Smith. He's simply good at what he does. 

-Bisnowaty looks horrible at RT. His feet are so sloppy and he has no idea what to do with his hands. However, Bis may be one of those guys whose weaknesses are masked by moving to guard. Mcadoo also referenced this postgame that he has some positional flexibility. In the 4th quarter he got some reps next to Wheeler as the LG and looked much much better there than he did at tackle. I think his future is at guard and he'll go on the practice squad as one. 

-Travis Rudolph is going to make the Jets or Browns very happy. 

-Hopefully Lacosse keeps making us Giants fans very happy. I'd keep him over Adams and Tye. 

-It is obvious that Kerry Wynn and JT Thomas are too good to be playing in a 4th preseason game. Those guys were just moving at a different speed. Obviously Wynn is going to make the team, but I think JT surprisingly does as well. We are relatively thin at LB depth. 

-I love Neon Deayon as much as the rest of the Giants DBs do, but it is definitely worth a look to find a potential better 5th CB after cutdowns. I know the guy he was covering on that TD catch is 6'4", but it was a display of how his size can be such a problem. We'll see though. He definitely does have his strengths and the trust of the rest of the NYPD and the coaching staff. 

-Berhe looked very bad. By my count he missed more tackles than he made, some of them being very costly. With Pinkins already cut he will be our 4th S, but lets hope we dont have to rely on him too much. You cant miss tackles like that as a safety. 

-I think we all forgot how good Shane Vereen is. He was not himself last year in the few games he played. He looks back up to full speed and it is very encouraging. He is a weapon, especially on 3rd down. Witb Odell and Marshall and Engram, guys are gonna forget about Vereen out of the backfield. 

-Ed Eagan looked good as a punt returner and Jerome Lane looked good on kickoff coverage. These are guys you may want to stash on the PS or keep their number handy if any low depth chart guys get injured and you need someone to step up and account for their ST production. 

-Lastly, Rosas is a stud. 

The 6-foot-4, 235-pound Brissett, 24, is coming off perhaps one of the greatest preseason performances by a quarterback in NFL history on Thursday, as he completed 28-of-39 passes for 341 yards with four touchdowns and an interception — adding a rushing touchdown, as well — in the Patriots’ 40-38 loss to the New York Giants at Gillette Stadium.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Acquire-Quarterback-Jacoby-Brissett-Send-Phillip-Dorsett-To-Patriots/39e55cc1-1e2b-4aec-90fb-6f285563278b

Thank god we don't play the AFC South this season. 

Archived