Bills sign OG Quinton Spain to a 1-year deal

TheKillerNacho

He was highly rated a few years back but really fell off.  Seems like the happened to a few of the Titans OL players this year.  Wonder if any TEN fans have insight into that.  They were supposed to a great OL but they seemed very average.  Spain and their other OG whose name escapes me both had pretty down years from what I've heard.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

He was highly rated a few years back but really fell off.  Seems like the happened to a few of the Titans OL players this year.  Wonder if any TEN fans have insight into that.  They were supposed to a great OL but they seemed very average.  Spain and their other OG whose name escapes me both had pretty down years from what I've heard.

Spain had a stellar season two years ago.  Since then, he's been up and down, which is why the Titans didn't re-sign him.  One year deal is a good get IMO.

There's a reason he got a one year deal, and it's not because the Bills "won" with this FA signing. He needs to prove himself as a starter again, if he fails he's likely going to be relegated to backup at best for the rest of his career.

He's not really an athletic guy and struggles against quick twitch. Our guards were by far the weak links last season; our front office signed another guard and let Spain walk while cutting Kline.

Archived