Your team relocates, are you still a fan?

Danger

Your team relocates, how do you feel?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Your team relocates, how do you feel?

• Still a fan of the team
    • No longer a fan, not interested in the league much until if/when another team in my city.
    • No longer a fan, jump ship to another team.

Just something that spun from a conversation in the random thoughts thread. 

The Rams seem to have retained a lot of their following at least here, much to my surprise. If the Eagles left Philly, I'd say F*** em. Different mindset I suppose.

Nope - Titans are dead to me. I've always said I have one team I love, one team I hate and 30 teams I nothing. I love the Texans, I hate the Titans, I nothing everyone else.

As far as what to do in the meantime - I followed Minnesota and Carolina, but I wasn't exactly a die hard fan of either. Overall interest waned, but I was still following a bit.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Just something that spun from a conversation in the random thoughts thread. 

The Rams seem to have retained a lot of their following at least here, much to my surprise. If the Eagles left Philly, I'd say F*** em. Different mindset I suppose.

Most St. Louis fans did stop following the team.

But there were more Rams fans outside of the city of STL than there were in, and that's because many stayed loyal from the old LA days. I never lived in either city, so doesn't matter to me where they play.

Doing what the Rams, Raiders, Cardinals, Colts, Chargers have all done doesn't bother me. But pull an Oilers-Titans or Browns-Ravens and I'm DONE.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Speaking as a Browns fan, this hits close to home. The answer is NO.

Thank you to the Buffalo fans for the "Cleveland  Browns Day" in the awkward limbo stage. 

What happened to Oilers and Browns fans is different than what other teams have done (in recent history at least). For me personally I am a Rams fan - not an LA fan. I am too passionate about the Rams to give up that easily.

On the flip side, if they change everything about the team....that's just different for me.

I'd no longer be a fan but I also don't live there anymore, so I probably wouldn't get on board with a new franchise there. I probably wouldn't jump to my current local NFL team, and perhaps I'd lose interest in the NFL altogether. 

7 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Doing what the Rams, Raiders, Cardinals, Colts, Chargers have all done doesn't bother me. But pull an Oilers-Titans or Browns-Ravens and I'm DONE.

So what's the major difference, as someone who isn't well versed with the matters?

I thought the Colts going to Indianapolis was also very heated upon exit.

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Nope - Titans are dead to me. I've always said I have one team I love, one team I hate and 30 teams I nothing. I love the Texans, I hate the Titans, I nothing everyone else.

As far as what to do in the meantime - I followed Minnesota and Carolina, but I wasn't exactly a die hard fan of either. Overall interest waned, but I was still following a bit.

Yeah, I'm struggling to think of a scenario where a team moves and the abandoned city feels sympathy for them. Every move I can remember was predicated on owner's greed (new stadium paid for by new city, bigger market, etc). The team becomes a symbol of the owner blackmailing then stealing from the former home city. Even if you still like the players, that's really hard to cheer on and support.

I have friends whose families came from a different NFL city and grew up loving their family's team despite always being from Houston. Maybe they would be less affected by a move since they aren't really connected to the home city? I don't know, that's not my situation.

If the Titans headquarters burned down overnight and no one was injured, I'd be smugly happy about it. Doubly so if Bud Adams' ashes are stored there.

Edited by Texans02
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

So what's the major difference, as someone who isn't well versed with the matters?

I thought the Colts going to Indianapolis was also very heated upon exit.

He is saying if the rams are still the rams he will support them. If they move to mexico and become the avocados then he will stop caring

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

What happened to Oilers and Browns fans is different than what other teams have done (in recent history at least).

Yeah, although what Robert Irsay did with the Baltimore Colts is egregious, moving in the middle of the night like a coward. To be honest, I've always hated the Indianapolis Colts as they are indirectly responsible for what Art Modell did to Cleveland. This is also one of the reasons that I've never forgiven Baltimore. They did exactly to the city of Cleveland what was done to them, so they of all people should know/have known how that feels.

For me personally I am a Rams fan - not an LA fan. I am too passionate about the Rams to give up that easily.

The Rams are tough because they also used to be in LA and then moved to St. Louis in 1994, so the Rams have always had a following (Back in the 40's they were in Cleveland too).

On the flip side, if they change everything about the team....that's just different for me.

How so? What exactly do you mean? Change everything?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

He is saying if the rams are still the rams he will support them. If they move to mexico and become the avocados then he will stop caring

#MexicoCityAvocados

Someone with good graphical skill make this come to life.

• Like 1