Your team relocates, are you still a fan?

Danger

Your team relocates, how do you feel?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Your team relocates, how do you feel?

• Still a fan of the team
    • No longer a fan, not interested in the league much until if/when another team in my city.
    • No longer a fan, jump ship to another team.

I'm a Rams fan from STL who still follows them. I had moved from STL before the Rams move which helped. It also helped that they didn't re-brand when the moved so it was easy to follow. I still get to about 1 game a year which was the same after I moved so it wasn't much different for me.

I live about as far from Jacksonville as possible, but if they relocated...there's a really good chance i'd just shuffle off to another team.  Some kinda tenuous geographic reasons are part of why i became a fan of the Jaguars in the first place...but honestly, it'd probably just be a nice "easy out" excuse to just follow a less frustrating and disappointing team.  And one that's a lot more convenient for viewing purposes with a lot more readily available TV coverage especially.

I've never lived in Cleveland but there wasn't anyone in more disbelief, that turned to anger and eventually, well, the anger never left, than me when the city and the fan base was robbed of their team. Football is a team game and the fans really are a part of that team. I support my brothers and sisters who support our team and if you wrong most of us you wrong all of us.

When it did happen I watched much less football, would catch games that former Buckeyes were playing in and rooting for the individuals but didn't care about the scoreboard, except for the devil's team I wanted them to lose.

I became a fan of KC in part due to proximity and it being the team of the area and my family and all. But, that doesn't really make much difference to me at this point as a fan. I like KC, but I like the Chiefs a lot more. I would follow the team.

The City of Chicago would have to burn a second time for the Bears to actually move.  I could see them in the not so distant future relocating to a suburb like Rosemont for a new state of the art stadium.  Soldier Field is owned by the CPD, it's one of the smallest venues in the NFL (in arguably the NFLs largest singular market), they have no ability to host a Superbowl, while the location on the lakefront is gorgeous, it's far from convenient.  I think after the outrage would die down in a few months most Bears fans would be fine with the move, especially when they see how much better the experience can be.

Haven't lived in NY for a long time so I don't think this would affect my fandom.  If they moved close by, in theory it would be better, but in actuality I think going to NFL games is just too big of a money/time commitment.  

On 4/3/2019 at 11:50 AM, ET80 said:

Nope - Titans are dead to me. I've always said I have one team I love, one team I hate and 30 teams I nothing. I love the Texans, I hate the Titans, I nothing everyone else.

As far as what to do in the meantime - I followed Minnesota and Carolina, but I wasn't exactly a die hard fan of either. Overall interest waned, but I was still following a bit.

You really not gonna tag me in this thread. The only thing in NFL Gen I've wanted to see since Rammy wanted to die at the end of the Super Bowl.

What the hell man.

I'm a Bears fan who wouldn't live in Chicago for anything less than $100K per year.

If they relocated I wouldn't care much. Be nice if they didn't have such a huge market with a laughable capacity for their stadium though.

Either way, its not going to happen though.

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You really not gonna tag me in this thread. The only thing in NFL Gen I've wanted to see since Rammy wanted to die at the end of the Super Bowl.

What the hell man.

I'm trying to keep you out of Gen, just for my own sanity. Also, I need you doing God's work in the Bitcoin thread.

I used to think I’d follow the Bills, in some capacity I’d root for the players, but I’d hate the owner who moved them too much to root for them tbh.

I grew up in Western Ny, I’ve lived here my entire life. I’m a BUFFALO Bills fan, I along with most of my peers would be broken if the team left. I honestly don’t think I could even root for another team again. BUFFALO Bills Mafia through and through baby.

The only way I'd stay a fan of the Browns is if they moved to Columbus. At least they'd still be in Ohio. Otherwise, I'd stop following them.

I was born in 1991, so I was way too young when they left for Baltimore to care.

Archived