Raiders sign WR Ryan Grant (1 year, $2.5 M)

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's an upgrade over Roberts IMO simply because he will be reliable and he seems to have decent hands from what I know. On a per game basis, he was about as productive as roberts, but from all the clips I've seen, he has a little better ability to run routes. Chris reed I think it is on twitter did a short breakdown on him.

Hopefully he comes in motivated and one of him/Nelson break out, but I'm optimistic that we'll get a nice rookie in here, who'll produce big time for us.

I don't think Grant is an upgrade over Roberts but I do think the gain/loss ratio is good with him and Nelson costing less than Roberts alone, I think... (Grant's true #s aren't out yet).

Here is a statistical breakdown of both guys

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/ryan-grant/

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/seth-roberts/

Roberts would have cost 4,65M, Ryan cost 2,5M and Nelson cost 1M. I think we are better with the Grant, Nelson duo value wise.

I think Grant has a pretty nice potential in this scheme, like he seemed solid under the other Gruden :)

19 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't think Grant is an upgrade over Roberts but I do think the gain/loss ratio is good with him and Nelson costing less than Roberts alone, I think... (Grant's true #s aren't out yet).

Here is a statistical breakdown of both guys

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/ryan-grant/

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/seth-roberts/

It's not statistics. He seems to run a bigger route tree and have better hands. Reliability is something receivers should be known for, especially if they're lower on the depth chart. Grant will give us that.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's not statistics. He seems to run a bigger route tree and have better hands. Reliability is something receivers should be known for, especially if they're lower on the depth chart. Grant will give us that.

I  see a huge discernible difference in Grants hands and Roberts. I also would add in Grants fall from favor last year and his injury history.

They both have positives and negatives. We have to HOPE things go right for Grant for him to even compare to Roberts just like we would have had to with Seth himself. Not an upgrade. Just a different guy.

Seth ran posts, slants, screens, crosses, goes and curls. Only thing I can see that Grant really adds to that are outs.

3 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I  see a huge discernible difference in Grants hands and Roberts. I also would add in Grants fall from favor last year and his injury history.

They both have positives and negatives. We have to HOPE things go right for Grant for him to even compare to Roberts just like we would have had to with Seth himself. Not an upgrade. Just a different guy.

Seth ran posts, slants, screens, crosses, goes and curls. Only thing I can see that Grant really adds to that are outs.

He seemed to have some good savvy and awareness in the clips I saw. I'm not expecting anything huge, but for the price, a good depth piece.

Seth had some positives for sure, but the hand were absolutely maddening.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He seemed to have some good savvy and awareness in the clips I saw. I'm not expecting anything huge, but for the price, a good depth piece.

Seth had some positives for sure, but the hand were absolutely maddening.

I meant to say I don't see a huge discernible difference in Grants hands and Roberts.