Just for funsies....pick the "guy" for #30

vegas492

Who do you have at #30? For funsies, let's assume Brian Burns is the first pick....  

58 members have voted

1. 1. My pick for #30 is....

• Adderly, safety
    • Fant, tight end
    • Lawrence, DL
    • Tillery, DL
    • Risner, OL
    • AJ Brown, WR
    • Harry, WR
    • Simmons, DL
    • Lindstrom, G
    • Other....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2019 at 12:13 AM

I have a tough time trying to figure out pick #30.  So many different ways to go.

Thought I'd create a poll and see what you all think.

I gave "other" an option.  If you choose that, please list who you would take.

Here's what I'm getting at...is Adderly as good a safety prospect as some of these others guys are at their respected positions?  

For this exercise, CGJ is off the board.

Hopefully we went DL/Edge at #12.  Now we select a guy who should be a Packer, Risner.  I get a feeling from him like I got from Bulaga when he was getting drafted....just seems like he should be a Packer.

Simmons has the highest ceiling of overall value. He could realistically play any of the DL spots in Pettine's scheme. And could play that outside rush spot or the 3T spot at a very high level.

The downside is. The knee injury and the potentially stunted development that comes with it. The character questions. The naturally higher rate of busts at the DL spot.

+++

Fant is the highest ceiling independent of positional value. He's got HOF tools.

The downside is that he's still a little bit raw, and the TE spot just doesn't carry the impact that the other positions do. Some have questioned character, personally I'm highly skeptical of that.

+++

Tillery has just a bit lower ceiling than Simmons. He's a very strange prospect to evaluate when you look at how he developed in college. He probably LOST 20 pounds from his freshmen year to his senior year. He looks like a different guy. He also played immediately and was very good as a freshman, one of the better DL guys playing that young in all

At 295, he's probably not gonna be playing that NT spot, which may be his best spot in the long run if he can get back up to 310+. 

Tillery is gonna have the character concerns and there's every reason his coaches may not ride for him. I'm also real scared going for somebody who pulled a Datone Jones and cut weight away from his natural spot. 

+++

Risner is a tough read. On one hand you like the win percentages on tape and the attitude. On the downside, his feet aren't pretty on tape and he's not a stud athlete. 

The upside is Whitworth, but alternatively Whitworth is really the only guy of that physical profile that's on that tier. there are a lot of guys like that that ended up as mediocre guards. You're going to get his best, but how good is his best?

+++

I can't evaluate Adderley. Not enough tape.

+++

Don't talk to me about Guards and WRs in the first round.

Archived