Pascal Siakam or Jayson Tatum

kyle21121

Who would you rather have?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Pascal or Tatum?

• Pascal
    • Tatum
    • Kyle Kuzma LOL (Cwood vote here)

well at least it wasn't The Lone Star who made this thread LOL.. just kidding TLS.

Pascal is amazing that he doesn't actually need the ball to run through him to be effective. So he might be the perfect complimentary piece to a star player. ALA Scottie Pippen lite. 

Tatum on the other hand has real star potential that is truly being restricted by the many "ball needy" players Boston has. I am not sure how well he could handle the load of a night in and night out "go to guy" But James Harden was already very good for OKC and no one expected JH to blow up exponentially that much more. I suspect Tatum does have the type of game that could do the same. He is so gifted in the variety of ways he can get buckets. BUT I still wonder how his young/skinny body would hold up under those circumstances.

But being only 20 gives him time.

Edited by resilient part 2

15 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Let’s keep this going. Tatum is in a tough spot being on a team of talented players and Pascal benefits from being on a team of talented players? 

It's not even close. Boston has a team full of egomaniacs (Kyrie leads to way) While Toronto has players who are very willing to assume their role.

TEAM chemistry matters a ton. 

Does Boston have it?

Does Toronto? 

6 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

It's not even close. Boston has a team full of egomaniacs (Kyrie leads to way) While Toronto has players who are very willing to assume their role.

TEAM chemistry matters a ton. 

Does Boston have it?

Does Toronto? 

I think you are being a tad melodramatic with this on Boston. I think there was a big struggle early on chemistry-wise for Toronto but they have sorta clicked this past month. 

23 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Let’s keep this going. Tatum is in a tough spot being on a team of talented players and Pascal benefits from being on a team of talented players? 

Tatum is on a team full of ball dominant guys. Pascal is on a team with one ball dominant guy. Tatum is the 3rd or 4th option at times when he should be the 2nd on every single night.

Tatum would excel as the #1 guy, Pascal would do great as well but not to the level of Tatum IMO. Tatum just has more upside, haven't heard anyone but you argue otherwise honestly. Doesn't mean you're wrong, just in the minority.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Tatum is on a team full of ball dominant guys. Pascal is on a team with one ball dominant guy. Tatum is the 3rd or 4th option at times when he should be the 2nd on every single night.

Tatum would excel as the #1 guy, Pascal would do great as well but not to the level of Tatum IMO. Tatum just has more upside, haven't heard anyone but you argue otherwise honestly. Doesn't mean you're wrong, just in the minority.

Very fair argument. Look I honestly don’t know what to make of Tatum in some regards. He did look great most of last years playoffs as THE guy or as a co-number 1. He certainly hasn’t looked great for large portions of this year and it is perplexing. Once Hayward went to the bench this year he should have been the second guy offensively with this team. Why isn’t he? Can he not fit in on a team full of good players? Why isn’t he more of a focal point? Is it on the coaching? Is it on the other players? Could it be him who is unhappy with a reduced role and can’t get into like he did last year? I mean at the beginning of last season he seemed to fit in as that complementary piece I think part of that was he was shooting an unsuitably high % from 3 in the first half of the season. He just looks likes he’s regressed in several areas. Obviously it’s unfair to say that and judge a player on his second year like that but it is possible he is somewhere in between this player that just doesn’t seem to fit with this team right now and the future superstar many thought during last years playoffs.