Best Case Scenario..

BJets512

Not sure it deserves it's own thread but worth thinking about. While I do believe Kyler Murray is in play for the #1 pick, I do not think it's a forgone conclusion. The Cards have both Quinnen Williams and Nick Bosa in for visits today and both are squarely in the conversation. This leads me to our best case scenario: Cardinals take Quinnen Williams. This then puts the jets in a perfect spot to either take Bosa, assuming the 49ers trade out to a team wanting Murray (Giants?) or if the 49ers take Bosa, Jets are in line for a HAUL for teams to trade up in front of the Raiders to select Murray. The compensation would be much greater than if Murray would already be off of the board. Just some food for thought.

8 minutes ago, BJets512 said:

Not sure it deserves it's own thread but worth thinking about. While I do believe Kyler Murray is in play for the #1 pick, I do not think it's a forgone conclusion. The Cards have both Quinnen Williams and Nick Bosa in for visits today and both are squarely in the conversation. This leads me to our best case scenario: Cardinals take Quinnen Williams. This then puts the jets in a perfect spot to either take Bosa, assuming the 49ers trade out to a team wanting Murray (Giants?) or if the 49ers take Bosa, Jets are in line for a HAUL for teams to trade up in front of the Raiders to select Murray. The compensation would be much greater than if Murray would already be off of the board. Just some food for thought.

At that point id ask the Raiders for a 2nd just to swap picks so they get their guy in Murray and we get Allen. 

The Cards are probably trying to create uncertainty around the first pick to get more value out of Rosen. 

If teams know they are going Murray at #1, it kills their leverage. Unfortunately for them, it’s pretty obvious they are going Murray and these last ditch efforts are just for show.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 11:50 AM, KodiakThunder said:

They wont trade rosen until the draft. My guess is they wind up taking a 2020 1st rather than one this year and trading him to a team that didnt get their guy. 

I would think they have to trade him prior to the draft or more accurately prior to taking Murray.  The minute they take Murray any leverage they may have is gone.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:50 AM, KodiakThunder said:

They wont trade rosen until the draft. My guess is they wind up taking a 2020 1st rather than one this year and trading him to a team that didnt get their guy. 

I think they would have to move him for a pick this year.  Next year's QBs class should be loaded.  For the team trading for him a 2nd isn't a huge risk if he sucks.  They have better positioned themselves to draft one of the big ones in 2020.

I read some reports that teams are only offering a 3rd round pick for him. I think the league is onto Rosen and know the Cards made a HUGE mistake and are trying to push that mistake onto someone else. I think if they where offered a 2nd he be gone right now. Rosen will not get traded until draft time or after the draft. Murray going 1 followed by Bosa then the trade talks start for the Jets pick. Haskins is a very good QB and has all the tools to be good. I don't but into the Drew Lock guy at all. Giants, Redskins, Raiders will all be putting bids in for the jets pick. 

For me best case scenario is able to trade back and still get Allen. Maybe the drfat goes something like...

1. Murray

2. Bosa

we then trade back for a team trying to move up for Haskins (still think teams don’t value Haskins enough to trade up for). Maybe only move a spot or few back (depending on team trading up).

We then still can select Allen... with the 3rd pick being Haskins and maybe even 4th pick being Q.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I read some reports that teams are only offering a 3rd round pick for him. I think the league is onto Rosen and know the Cards made a HUGE mistake and are trying to push that mistake onto someone else. I think if they where offered a 2nd he be gone right now. Rosen will not get traded until draft time or after the draft. Murray going 1 followed by Bosa then the trade talks start for the Jets pick. Haskins is a very good QB and has all the tools to be good. I don't but into the Drew Lock guy at all. Giants, Redskins, Raiders will all be putting bids in for the jets pick. 

Number one Rosen was not a huge mistake, he played for the worst offensive line in the NFL by far. Number two the Raiders are not going to trade up to  the #3 spot when they have D Carr and give away one of the three first round picks the have. And the Redskins have the 15 overall pick in the draft and they would have to give up their draft future to move up to the 3 spot. Maybe the Giants might panic and try to move up, but I feel they are going to sit it out and see it a QB drops to them, and they have a better than 50 50 chance that will happen. I have been going back and forth  myself what to do trade down or take Allen with the third overall pick. Like someone on this board said this week it has been years since the Jets had a bonafide  pass rusher. As thing stand now our best move is to keep the #3 pick and take Allen. I anybody think we could get the same deal that Colts got when they move from three to six and still got the player they wanted plus two second round picks, they are wrong.

• Like 2

I disagree. An Oline dose not make the throw or the decisions. When Rosen had time he looked bad. That is the key when he had time he didi not do well. His feet look bad, not a leader and his accuracy and arm strength I question too. He just not good there is a reason he fell in the draft. The NFL teams don;t like it either because if he was a true franchise QB teams would be throwing first round picks at the Cards. I never liked him coming out of college either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree. An Oline dose not make the throw or the decisions. When Rosen had time he looked bad. That is the key when he had time he didi not do well. His feet look bad, not a leader and his accuracy and arm strength I question too. He just not good there is a reason he fell in the draft. The NFL teams don;t like it either because if he was a true franchise QB teams would be throwing first round picks at the Cards. I never liked him coming out of college either. 

Disagree with this. If he was in this drfat class he’d be the 1st pick. He was just in a very strong QB class last year. His OL was an issue and after all he was a rookie. 

• Like 1