Best Case Scenario..

BJets512

Yeah the Rosen slander is un-real, he was a good QB in the small amount of time he was afforded protection. Arizona has no weapons outside of DJ(even he took a huge step back) and the worst OL in the league, not saying Rosen with us or in Cleveland would have lit up the league but he would hav been much better than he was in Arizona.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree. An Oline dose not make the throw or the decisions. When Rosen had time he looked bad. That is the key when he had time he didi not do well. His feet look bad, not a leader and his accuracy and arm strength I question too. He just not good there is a reason he fell in the draft. The NFL teams don;t like it either because if he was a true franchise QB teams would be throwing first round picks at the Cards. I never liked him coming out of college either. 

i agree.   With a questionable QB class this year and by all reports the Cardinals are not getting any substantial trade offers.  Granted everyone knows they want Murray but if Rosen was thought of highly around the league some team would give up value. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Yeah the Rosen slander is un-real, he was a good QB in the small amount of time he was afforded protection. Arizona has no weapons outside of DJ(even he took a huge step back) and the worst OL in the league, not saying Rosen with us or in Cleveland would have lit up the league but he would hav been much better than he was in Arizona.

Right. I think they had the most rotated oline in the league. It was really bad. DJ was still recovering for the most part. Now they have a new system. It's going to be interesting if they can add some protection and stay healthy. 

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Right. I think they had the most rotated oline in the league. It was really bad. DJ was still recovering for the most part. Now they have a new system. It's going to be interesting if they can add some protection and stay healthy. 

Not only was the OLine bad but Rosen isn’t the most mobile of QBs. For me a good OLine is most important for the success of any teams offense but even more so for guys like him, especially as a rookie.. There is no way that a team should hold Rosen’s rookie year with the worst OLine in the league and a rookie coach, with a defensive background, against him. I think teams are trying to steal him because the  Cardinals are a poorly run franchise that now has another rookie coach letting it be known that they want Murray.

Edited by Rich51
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree. An Oline dose not make the throw or the decisions. When Rosen had time he looked bad. That is the key when he had time he didi not do well. His feet look bad, not a leader and his accuracy and arm strength I question too. He just not good there is a reason he fell in the draft. The NFL teams don;t like it either because if he was a true franchise QB teams would be throwing first round picks at the Cards. I never liked him coming out of college either. 

I really question how much you watched Rosen play based on your analysis of his rookie year in a complete disaster of a situation. To say he just isnt good couldnt be a worse take. Hes very good. He is very talented. Will he work out in Arizona or somewhere else? That remains to be seen, but to literally close the book on him after last years debacle is downright silly. 

• Like 2

I will tell you why Rosen will suck. I picked him in the first round in my Dynasty FF league because I needed a young QB.  He was the only QB to go round 1 in my league and I grabbed him over Baker and Darnold. He will suck until I drop or trade him. 

5 hours ago, xrade said:

I will tell you why Rosen will suck. I picked him in the first round in my Dynasty FF league because I needed a young QB.  He was the only QB to go round 1 in my league and I grabbed him over Baker and Darnold. He will suck until I drop or trade him. 

Hold on to him just in case Miami trade for him then. 

• Like 1

More reports are out today and it is stated that there is ZERO % chance Cards get a first round pick for him. Like I said I would be shocked if someone gave up a 2nd round pick for him. I think he will get a 3d or a 3rd and 5th combo. The GM's and coaches have plenty of film on him and they don't like what they see or else this trade would have happened weeks ago instead of bringing him in for OTC. Cards my be in a very bad spot with a guy they took 10th last year and know they are not going to get anything for him and they want Murray. Their best bet maybe to keep Rosen and let Murray and him battle it out. Murray is way more talented than Rosen. I'm just glad we took Darnold. 

I honestly think Rosen will do very well if traded  to a team that’s all in on him (even if that’s long term and not short term).

The Patriots, Chargers and Giants seem like teams that will sit him to start behind their star qb and reset him somewhat after his difficult rookie year. 

I really hope he doesn’t end up in Miami; however if I’m honest i don’t think he’s set up to succeed there unlike the other squads I mentioned. Probs put the kiss of death and he will turn into the next Marino! 

Oh and just my two cents....if the Cardinals feel Murray is THEIR star qb and feel he will flourish under KK then they won’t care if they get some heat after trading up or Rosen last year.

It’s like us with Darnold, we got heckled by a few media outlets for giving up too much but do you think we care about the extra 2nd rounder now we have our franchise qb? Nope!!! 

Edited by xenajets

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

More reports are out today and it is stated that there is ZERO % chance Cards get a first round pick for him. Like I said I would be shocked if someone gave up a 2nd round pick for him. I think he will get a 3d or a 3rd and 5th combo. The GM's and coaches have plenty of film on him and they don't like what they see or else this trade would have happened weeks ago instead of bringing him in for OTC. Cards my be in a very bad spot with a guy they took 10th last year and know they are not going to get anything for him and they want Murray. Their best bet maybe to keep Rosen and let Murray and him battle it out. Murray is way more talented than Rosen. I'm just glad we took Darnold. 

What did Darnold do this year that was different than Rosen. Both Rosen & Darnold are both going to be outstanding QB's in the NFL Both these players were dealt bad hands. It will probably take one or two more years for both players. Both these guy have to much talent to fail.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

What did Darnold do this year that was different than Rosen. Both Rosen & Darnold are both going to be outstanding QB's in the NFL Both these players were dealt bad hands. It will probably take one or two more years for both players. Both these guy have to much talent to fail.

For starters Darnold got better as the year progressed while Rosen seemed to regress (talking decision making not just stats).  Darnold is more of a leader than Rosen will ever be.  Rosen is a statue while Darnold has mobility.    If you want stats - Darnold had 4 games with over a 100 passer rating.  Rosen had zero (highest was 82).  Darnold had six games of over 60% completion percentage with one of 80 and another of 76 while Rosen only had 3 and never above 67%.  These are WIDE gaps that can't be blamed solely on OL or coaching.  Darnold is on a much different level as a QB than Rosen, period. 

LOL you guys are arguing Rosen.  Anyone who thinks Rosen sucked last year because of Rosen knows nothing about what the guy went through last year. Worst o-line in the league with the worst playcalling in the league with the worst coaching in the league and mediocre weapons to pair with that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

LOL you guys are arguing Rosen.  Anyone who thinks Rosen sucked last year because of Rosen knows nothing about what the guy went through last year. Worst o-line in the league with the worst playcalling in the league with the worst coaching in the league and mediocre weapons to pair with that. 

Agreed. I also think it’s jumping the gun on grading a rookie. Most great QBs actually were bad as rookies.

• Like 2

In terms of best case scenario, to me it’s trading down with the bengals, grabbing something along the lines of their 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1st, nabbing Brian Burns, and using the 2nd to get a center. Then we use the worst of the 2 first rounders next year to find our franchise LT in what looks like a potentially very strong tackle class. 

3 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

In terms of best case scenario, to me it’s trading down with the bengals, grabbing something along the lines of their 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1st, nabbing Brian Burns, and using the 2nd to get a center. Then we use the worst of the 2 first rounders next year to find our franchise LT in what looks like a potentially very strong tackle class. 

CIN hasn't been really talked about too much but I love the idea of trading down with them.  They are a team desperate for a rebuild with an aging mediocre QB and just an aging team overall.  Now would be the time to blow it up with a new regime in place.  Get the QBOTF, trade any assets you have like AJ Green, Kirkpatrick, Dunlap, Atkins, Eifert etc and build around a young talented group of QB, Mixon, Ross, Boyd etc.

Hopefully they decide to take that approach because I really don't see any other trade down partners.  Not that I'd be upset if we "got stuck" with a stud in Allen or Q at 3.