Best Case Scenario..

BJets512

33 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Best case scenario for me includes trading down a couple spots and still being able to grab Allen while gaining a second. The chances of that are incredibly slim though.

6 is probably the lowest. 

1. Murray

2. QWill/Bosa

3. Haskins???

4. QWill/Bosa

5. White

6. Allen

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

6 is probably the lowest. 

1. Murray

2. QWill/Bosa

3. Haskins???

4. QWill/Bosa

5. White

6. Allen

I agree, and that's why I think the chances are slim. Everything would need to go right and as Jet fans I think we know full-well it never does.

16 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I agree, and that's why I think the chances are slim. Everything would need to go right and as Jet fans I think we know full-well it never does.

Yet it did go right with Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, and Sam Darnold. 

Each was rated by some as the best overall player in those drafts, but we got them at 6th, 6th, and 3rd. 

Is it really outside of reality that a projected 3rd pick would fall to 6? Not at all. Aaron Rodgers was projected to go top 5 and fell more than half way down the draft. 

16 minutes ago, Johntyler82 said:

Yet it did go right with Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, and Sam Darnold. 

Each was rated by some as the best overall player in those drafts, but we got them at 6th, 6th, and 3rd. 

Is it really outside of reality that a projected 3rd pick would fall to 6? Not at all. Aaron Rodgers was projected to go top 5 and fell more than half way down the draft. 

Just need a well timed failed drug test or a spiteful bong photo to show up a few hours before the draft...

Can't decide what I want. On one hand, would love to draft Allen. But would not mind trading back either for a second. Not to take a pass rusher though. I feel like many of these edge types could be overrated. Would like to take Jonah Williams or Andre Dillard, followed by a Center in round 2.

If Cincinnati, Denver,  or Washington offer, I think I take it. Start the rookie at RT for a year or so beforehand. If the Jets could recreate something like Brick and Nick this draft, couldn't be better.

The issue with maybe taking a 1st Round OT is that what are we gonna do bench our 1st Rounder? Beachum will start at LT and Shell will start at RT. That’s why using a 3rd in a developmental OT is ideal. I certainly wouldn’t be upset about drafting a 1st Round OT, but I would complicate things.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The issue with maybe taking a 1st Round OT is that what are we gonna do bench our 1st Rounder? Beachum will start at LT and Shell will start at RT. That’s why using a 3rd in a developmental OT is ideal. I certainly wouldn’t be upset about drafting a 1st Round OT, but I would complicate things.

If you draft an OT early and they can't beat out either Beachum or Shell who are both the embodiment of average, then it seems like it was a bad pick right off the bat.  

Archived