Raiders release WR Seth Roberts (Woooooooo)

RaidersAreOne

Roberts gets a bad wrap. Dude was an URFA, found a role, made some plays for the team and got a little money in the process. Happy for him.

Not sure what most expected. He had some bad drops at times, but played hard and came through in the clutch a few times.

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Roberts gets a bad wrap. Dude was an URFA, found a role, made some plays for the team and got a little money in the process. Happy for him.

Not sure what most expected. He had some bad drops at times, but played hard and came through in the clutch a few times.

Expected more out of a #3 receiver. Had more than a few drops. Solid blocker and yea had a few clutch moments. Didnt step up when Nelson or Cooper were out either.

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Hope the best for Seth. He will definitely get to use his blocking down field with Jackson as the QB.

You mean his propensity of getting penalties for illegal blocks or holding, and killing a good gain.

I think we relied on Seth Roberts too much over the years but for a UDFA, he did great for himself. Made some big plays for us. Definitely was not without some bad plays along the way, but I would say its more of a situation where he had a bigger role than he should have. Definitely capable as a WR4 and a 3 on some teams. Needs work on his hands, and football IQ, but I wish him the best.

2 hours ago, billking said:

You mean his propensity of getting penalties for illegal blocks or holding, and killing a good gain.

No, I mean his blocking. He played 569 off snaps and was targeted 65 times so around 500 snaps he wasn't the primary. Even if you cut that in half for quick passes on opposite side and in half again for runs or misc plays he wasn't involved in, he was blocking on 125 plays, probably more. I'll take 4 flags for his proven value to the the running game and YAC for other ball carriers.

Zh2YSwJ.gif

Archived