• DK Metcalf [WR]
    • Jeffrey Simmons [DL]
    • Jawaan Taylor [OT]
    • Devin White [ILB]
    • Christian Wilkins [DL]
    • Greedy Williams [DB]
    • Other [Explain]

LB? TE?

My Green Bay only big board...    is very different. Will post B4 draft day.

They just don't value some positions that high. Folks really want A.J. Hawk 2.0? From picks 14 through 18 last year Jaire plays the most valued position. Derwin James was the only comparable value taken imo.

I picked Greedy. Super talent and a value position. I'm also super close to writing  King off (he had injury issues dating back to college and might just have a bad body), with Jaire having injuries in college and as a rookie, Jackson kind of sucking, our CB group could be dangerously crappy again (it could also be good if people suddenly stay healthy, and take leaps, I'm a negative person though)

I was close to picking White and DK (freak factor).

I honestly can't believe how much Gary love there is. People rip on me for liking DK because he is a freak. I'll say, at least DK flashed top 5 ability when he was healthy. Gary had late round/undrafted production and the only reasons people like him were combine numbers/he was a #1 recruit.

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:

LB? TE?

They just don't value some positions that high. Folks really want A.J. Hawk 2.0? From picks 14 through 18 last year Jaire plays the most valued position. Derwin James was the only comparable value taken imo.

No offense, but your takes are super wonky in my opinion lol. Are you saying the players in the poll shouldn't be there, or?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Is this supposed to be the seventh guy we think GB could select at 12?

"Ranking" the best player for the Packers to pick @ 12.

1. Nick Bosa [EDGE]
2. Quinnen Williams [DL]
3. Josh Allen [EDGE]
4. Ed Oliver [DL]
5. Brian Burns [EDGE]
6. Montez Sweat [EDGE]

Assuming all of the above are gone, who would be the best pick (for the Packers) to follow.

2 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

"Ranking" the best player for the Packers to pick @ 12.

1. Nick Bosa [EDGE]
2. Quinnen Williams [DL]
3. Josh Allen [EDGE]
4. Ed Oliver [DL]
5. Brian Burns [EDGE]
6. Montez Sweat [EDGE]

Assuming all of the above are gone, who would be the best pick (for the Packers) to follow.

Okay. Got it....thanks!

5 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

LB? TE?

How the **** would you know what positions Gute values?  He's only drafted once FFS.

12 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

How the **** would you know what positions Gute values?  He's only drafted once FFS.

They have not much changed since Wolf. Last year is a good indication. They drafted very similar profiles, just tweaked a few things. And character on field and in locker room are very important.

TTs failure had a lot to do with Capers and Mac. He has more draft picks still playing than any GM AFAIK. Just wrong fits for Capers.

They value on D:

1a,b,c: DL, Edge, CB

2 safety; hybrid SS/lb

3 LB

They have adjusted that for Pettine but it seems he devalues safety if anything; and prioritizes DL; prefers 3 down versatile edge.

Offense

QB

Tackle

WR 

Guard

RB

TE

24 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

They have not much changed since Wolf. Last year is a good indication. They drafted very similar profiles, just tweaked a few things. And character on field and in locker room are very important.

TTs failure had a lot to do with Capers and Mac. He has more draft picks still playing than any GM AFAIK. Just wrong fits for Capers.

They value on D:

1a,b,c: DL, Edge, CB

2 safety; hybrid SS/lb

3 LB

They have adjusted that for Pettine but it seems he devalues safety if anything; and prioritizes DL; prefers 3 down versatile edge.

Offense

QB

Tackle

WR 

Guard

RB

TE

I'm not even saying you're necessarily wrong, but Gute has already shown that he doesn't give a **** about what others did before him, so to say you know for sure how he's going to draft and what positions he values is nothing more than hubris with zero basis.  Yes, he values character, but we're talking about positions, so how about we stick to the subject rather than changing to try to prove your point?

Again, you could be right, but you don't know anything for sure.  To think you do is ******* ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I'm not even saying you're necessarily wrong, but Gute has already shown that he doesn't give a **** about what others did before him, so to say you know for sure how he's going to draft and what positions he values is nothing more than hubris with zero basis.  Yes, he values character, but we're talking about positions, so how about we stick to the subject rather than changing to try to prove your point?

Again, you could be right, but you don't know anything for sure.  To think you do is ******* ridiculous.

He wouldn't have gotten the job if he wasn't trained in the Wolf/Ted tree. Pretty safe to say we know how he's going to draft, you're just being dramatic.

42 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I'm not even saying you're necessarily wrong, but Gute has already shown that he doesn't give a **** about what others did before him, so to say you know for sure how he's going to draft and what positions he values is nothing more than hubris with zero basis. 

He drafted a corner who was shorter than prior GB corners.  Went just a little against the grain there.

Drafted an offensive lineman who did not meet prior GB threshholds.

Drafted a punter...and a long snapper.

Yah, I agree that we don't really know what Gute will do.

I'm sure that he still uses a lot of what he learned from TT, but I think he's not afraid to go a little against the grain.

Archived