"What Happened in Green Bay" - fascinating piece on Rodgers/McCarthy

Apparition

3 minutes ago, William Lee said:

When there is a DIVA in a team, that team won't win SB, as the coaches don't gameplan to win, but to make the DIVA happy.

The DIVA can be a QB or a WR.

Pretty sure most elite QBs would qualify as divas and plenty of them have won SBs.

13 minutes ago, William Lee said:

No, they won before they became DIVA. They became a DIVA after they won a SB.

Pretty sure Manning was in pure "this is my offense" mode when he won. Rodgers has been a diva since college. I doubt Big Ben was super humble by the time his second SB win rolled around.

17 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

So... how do you account for QBs that win multiple Superbowls?

Your theory sounds really flawed. 

Montana was never ALWAYS RIGHT according to his fans

Ben was never ALWAYS RIGHT according to his fans.

16 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Pretty sure Manning was in pure "this is my offense" mode when he won. Rodgers has been a diva since college. I doubt Big Ben was super humble by the time his second SB win rolled around.

Real talk - these guys haven't been humble since they made Varsity their sophomore year in High School. That's how you have to be wired when you're a QB... 

This being said, being confident/arrogant and being a good teammate and hard worker aren't mutually exclusive.

17 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

You should check how he won his first SB, like how he played in first 2, and in SB.

BTW, he was not that big a DIVA in Broncos.

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Real talk - these guys haven't been humble since they made Varsity their sophomore year in High School. That's how you have to be wired when you're a QB... 

This being said, being confident/arrogant and being a good teammate and hard worker aren't mutually exclusive.

Yeah, this.  I think you're a "diva" if you're not meeting expectations, but when you are you have "swagger."

Who cares? I can guarantee you things like this are going on inside at least 30 locker rooms. Hell, the tension, animosity and disdain has never been higher for a team that just went to three straight Super Bowls, according to ESPN.

3 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Who cares? I can guarantee you things like this are going on inside at least 30 locker rooms. Hell, the tension, animosity and disdain has never been higher for a team that just went to three straight Super Bowls, according to ESPN.

It is about what "outside" says about "inside", if outside is overwhelmingly on the side of one player, the player may become a diva.

6 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Best part was McCarthy sneaking the massage therapist in the back door while everyone else was downstairs in team meetings. Embarrassing.

This was the best part of the article. Some great joke material right here. And way too absurd to be remotely truthful. I know it's BR, but it's funny what makes it past an editing desk 😂

Archived