"What Happened in Green Bay" - fascinating piece on Rodgers/McCarthy

Apparition

I’ve noticed the only fans hating on Rodgers in this thread are not Packer fans, not NFC North Rivals, but Patriot fans. Insecurities over Brady is exactly what that is. Sure, Brady won the SB, but there’s been plenty of years Rodgers was ranked ahead of Brady, including all of 2010-2016. And he could go back on top at any time. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve noticed the only fans hating on Rodgers in this thread are not Packer fans, not NFC North Rivals, but Patriot fans. Insecurities over Brady is exactly what that is. Sure, Brady won the SB, but there’s been plenty of years Rodgers was ranked ahead of Brady, including all of 2010-2016. And he could go back on top at any time. 

Yeah, we're really insecure about the QB position. Been a baron spot for years. Certainly would trade the rings and clutch performances for a top spot ranking on ESPN. Also, having read the thread, it looks like ONE pat fan (who also hates the pats when we aren't 40 up) came down hard on Aaron. A NON-Pat fan called him a cancer, and another pat fan defended Rodgers. Come on, man.

The article paints both AR and MM in a bad light, but more so MM. Rodgers clearly has issues (turning on players, his own insecurities, holding ridiculous grudges) but the part about MM having massages during team meetings is damning. He should have gone long ago.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Brady fans love not just Brady, they love Gronk too, they love Edelman too, they love Hightower too.

Rodgers fans? can't say the same thing. What does it tell about Rodgers fans?

Tell me, the famous winning pass to Jared Cook against Cowboys in playoff 2 years ago, the catch was much harder than the catch made by Gronk in SB. Why didn't Jared Cook get even half an ounce of credit from Rodgers fans?

So let me tell it as it is : Rodgers fans  won't spare any credit to other players because if they do so, Rodgers would be nothing compared to Brady.

Edited by William Lee
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, William Lee said:

Tell me, the famous winning pass to Jared Cook against Cowboys in playoff 2 years ago, the catch was much harder than the catch made by Gronk in SB. Why didn't Jared Cook get even half an ounce of credit from Rodgers fans?

So let me tell it as it is : Rodgers fans  won't spare any credit to other players because if they do so, Rodgers would be nothing compared to Brady.

1. You're just not looking in the right spots. Because Packer fans really liked Jared Cook and absolutely gave it up to him for that insane catch, but to be fair, it was also a crazy throw. Rolling left, and jogging forward, feet not set, and the ball still travels on a rope 25 yards. 

2. Jared Cook was with us for one single year, and it was great, but then he took a deal elsewhere. So Packer fans never really got attached to him and develop this big affection for him, we had a fling. It's rare that NFL starters are ever just on a team a single year, and when that happens no fan base really romanticizes that player. 

This is turning into another stupid Rodgers/Brady thread though. So I'll stop there before going further, I just wanted to say that Packer fans, in general, really, really liked Jared Cook and we wanted him back for another year. 

1 minute ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

1. You're just not looking in the right spots. Because Packer fans really liked Jared Cook and absolutely gave it up to him for that insane catch, but to be fair, it was also a crazy throw. Rolling left, and jogging forward, feet not set, and the ball still travels on a rope 25 yards. 

2. Jared Cook was with us for one single year, and it was great, but then he took a deal elsewhere. So Packer fans never really got attached to him and develop this big affection for him, we had a fling. It's rare that NFL starters are ever just on a team a single year, and when that happens no fan base really romanticizes that player. 

This is turning into another stupid Rodgers/Brady thread though. So I'll stop there before going further, I just wanted to say that Packer fans, in general, really, really liked Jared Cook and we wanted him back for another year. 

You like him but you won't give him credit.

To my knowledge, all of top receivers of Rodgers are top WR in other teams, Rodgers O-linemen joked that they had to "hold to infinity", but you guys never give them any credit. Am I right?

Like the 5 turnover against Seahawks in NFCCG, and Packers defense was blamed for not able to hold in overtime, WTH?

Edited by William Lee
  • Like 1

Please let's not make this a TB/AR thread. This pats fan loves A-rod, but IF some of that stuff is true (I'm reading that all the insights are from ex-players with a chip against him - so taken with a pinch of salt) then they have an issue up there. For their sake, A-Rod needs to be open minded about MLF, at least initially.

Edited by Hunter2_1

11 minutes ago, William Lee said:

You like him but you won't give him credit.

Okay, now your argument is just ridiculous. 

"Rodgers fans only love Rodgers, not his teammates like Jared Cook. Jared Cook doesn't get any credit." 

--- "Well actually, no, his teammates are beloved too. Cook just wasn't with us long, but while he was here he was very respected and beloved by fans." 

"You like him but you won't give him credit." 

You're working around this undefinable quality of "getting credit," to just make an argument that supports your own perception. You say that Brady fans love Gronk and Edelman, etc. But Packer fans loving Cook isn't.... enough? It's apparently not the same thing? Ask Packer fans how they feel about Davante Adams, or Jordy, or Cobb, or James Jones and show me a fanbase that doesn't give those guys credit. 

This is so stupid. 

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

Okay, now your argument is just ridiculous. 

You're working around this undefinable quality of "getting credit," to just make an argument that supports your own perception. You say that Brady fans love Gronk and Edelman, etc. But Packer fans loving Cook isn't.... enough? It's apparently not the same thing? Ask Packer fans how they feel about Davante Adams, or Jordy, or Cobb, or James Jones and show me a fanbase that doesn't give those guys credit. 

This is so stupid. 

No, I read and watched after that game against Cowboys. You Packers never talked about how the hell Jared Cook was able to keep his feet in bound.

You have a QB who refuses to throw in tough situations, and routinely struggle for 30 minutes because of it. Who shoulder the blame for the losses? defense, for allowing 24 pts.

What is the excuse? oh, "do you rather see him throwing interceptions?"  but how many games can a team win if its QB routinely struggles for 30 minutes?

Edited by William Lee
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The fact that Green Bay fans are slowly beginning to turn on Aaron Rodgers is amazing. He'll retire and they'll be a barren wasteland and all my 20-something friends who have grown up with Favre, then Rodgers will know the unbelievable sadness that is 85% of NFL QBs.

I'm so excited.

GB fans are turning on Aaron Rodgers?  That's news to me.  Sure, there are a few but most Packers fans aren't throwing him under the bus. 

3 minutes ago, William Lee said:

No, I read and watched after that game against Cowboys. You Packers never talked about how the hell Jared Cook was able to keep his feet in bound.

You have a QB who refuses to throw in tough situations, and routinely struggle for 30 minutes because of it. Who shoulder the blame of the losses? defense.

How many games can a team win if its QB routinely struggle for 30 minutes?

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

How many games can a team win if its QB routinely struggles for 30 minutes?

I don't see anyone, including Brady fans, gives him a break if he struggles 30 minutes.

Should Rodgers date Jennifer for advise? is this what you mean?

Edited by William Lee

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

This was the best part of the article. Some great joke material right here. And way too absurd to be remotely truthful. I know it's BR, but it's funny what makes it past an editing desk 😂

BR has no editing desk.  Writers are supposed to self-edit.  All the editors do is at as go-betweens for the higher ups on the site and the writers.  They give assignments and deadlines, and feedback on some articles after they're published, but they don't check articles for accuracy or grammar/spelling before they're posted.

13 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

49ers made the right decision drafting Alex Smith over this locker room cancer. 

Yeah, Smith was great winning all those games, 2 MVPs and a Super Bowl for the 49ers.

• Like 1

We've heard this for years about Rodgers, that he can be arrogant, not the best teammate, etc, and honestly it's not hard to guess that from watching his pressers and body language, but he's always been this kind of personality and his talent easily outweighs such concerns. What's really surprising is how harsh this report was on MM and how lowly Rodgers apparently thought of him. I wonder if it was more a personal beef than MM truly being dumb to the point of irritating Rodgers.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss