"What Happened in Green Bay" - fascinating piece on Rodgers/McCarthy

Apparition

59 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES, you're basically our moderator now, do you still have proof. If not, I know my dude @FourThreeMafia can confirm DaBrowns status above and he's a Steeler's fan Future Browns fan.

Ha....I had forgotten his name, but yeah....I remember him threatening to ban me and numerous other Steeler fans for coming to the Browns forum and being critical of several of the Browns offseason moves during the 2008 offseason.       Most of it started from this HOF worthy thread in the Steelers forum that year...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=231296

Good ole Bob Brown spent that entire offseason trying to convince Steeler fans that our franchise was falling apart and that the Browns were the next great team.

But hey....11 years later, it may be finally coming true!   xD:(

59 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Do you think I convinced my much more attractive wife to date me by not constantly nagging her until she went out with me? Come on man.

I just thought you kidnapped her and waited until she came down with Stockholm syndrome.   Hmm.  

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The fact that Green Bay fans are slowly beginning to turn on Aaron Rodgers is amazing. He'll retire and they'll be a barren wasteland and all my 20-something friends who have grown up with Favre, then Rodgers will know the unbelievable sadness that is 85% of NFL QBs.

I'm so excited.

Meanwhile all us AFCS fans are gonna have to wait on Luck's retirement.  One day...

I don't see how Jennings is still even being asked to comment. His whole post-NFL "career" has been just to lambast Rodgers whenever someone puts a microphone in front of him. He's basically just a less trolly Skip Bayless. If Jennings' sister's twitter is reflective of Greg's feelings, he's bitter he wasn't being fed the ball 100% of the time, even when he was covered. 

The dude is all sorts of sour grapes when it comes to Rodgers. And it's not a coincidence that his career fell off a cliff the second he stopped having #12 throw him the ball. 

As for Finley, it's always been known those two didn't get along. Finley didn't exactly seem to get along with a lot of people on the team, and was often seen mouthing off to teammates or getting into little scraps during training camp etc. I think Rodgers liked throwing the ball to him, because he was big and fast, but I wouldn't say they were exactly buddies. 

But seriously, I have to just laugh at Jennings words being given much credibility anymore. He's obviously no fan of #12. He hasn't been on the team in years. And he's seemingly always looking for someone to cut him a check to say a few mean words. 

What cracks me up is when people evaluate Rodgers as a teammate, they always look at Jennings and Fin. They seemingly never look at, or mention, comments made by Jordy, James Jones, Randall Cobb, or ANY O-lineman. Those players generally have nothing of note to say, or overwhelmingly positive things to say. 

And Packer fans, at least the majority of them, are not turning on Rodgers. Fans are fickle, but they're not that fickle. 

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The fact that Green Bay fans are slowly beginning to turn on Aaron Rodgers is amazing. He'll retire and they'll be a barren wasteland and all my 20-something friends who have grown up with Favre, then Rodgers will know the unbelievable sadness that is 85% of NFL QBs.

I'm so excited.

I've been saying Rodgers was an overrated ******* for years.

Haven't seen one post examining the allegations about Rodgers' attitude, ego, or altering 30% of offensive plays in the huddle. The funny thing is, these rumors are nothing new. I think many of us already were familiar with them and believed they played a part in the Packers' recent struggles. But suddenly when former players bring them up we question their objectivity.

I'll take it with a grain of salt, but it gave me something to think about. And I don't see Packer fans ever turning on Rodgers. He's made too many amazing plays for them over the years. They fall over each other to defend him from criticism and will remember him as a football god, long after this article has been forgotten.

50 minutes ago, Elky said:

Rodgers is the most overrated player in the NFL.

46 minutes ago, Elky said:

I've been saying Rodgers was an overrated ******* for years.

Tell us how you really feel. 

I get it. Rodgers is basically the only current player people occasionally say is better than Brady, so yeah, a lot of Pats fans seem to get all hyper aggressive about Rodgers.

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I mean, we saw half a season with Hundley. We have an idea. albeit a small one. 

Hundley and a thoroughly disinterested HC. 

I don't think Hundley was by any means great, but it was like McCarthy would look at what Hundley did well in any particular game and then tell the staff "yeah, let's not do those things in our next game." 

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

Haven't seen one post examining the allegations about Rodgers' attitude, ego, or altering 30% of offensive plays in the huddle. The funny thing is, these rumors are nothing new. I think many of us already were familiar with them and believed they played a part in the Packers' recent struggles. But suddenly when former players bring them up we question their objectivity.

I'll take it with a grain of salt, but it gave me something to think about. And I don't see Packer fans ever turning on Rodgers. He's made too many amazing plays for them over the years. They fall over each other to defend him from criticism and will remember him as a football god, long after this article has been forgotten.

I'm pretty credible of the article - I saw one person post it and say "I'm 1/3 through and it says McCarthy was a doofus who wasted Rodgers' career" but when you read the following 2/3 there's plenty of blame to go around. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

You haven't done this right until your fanbase argues about TWO QB's that both suck.

Gentlemen, I introduce you to:

Brady Quinn vs. Derek Anderson

2008 edition

Or, for Texans fans: Brian Hoyer vs. Ryan Mallett vs. TJ Yates vs. Brandon Weeden

2015 edition

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Or, for Texans fans: Brian Hoyer vs. Ryan Mallett vs. TJ Yates vs. Brandon Weeden

2015 edition

Bonus points for two of those guys being former browns QBs.

Negative points for not learning from our Hoyer vs Weeden debate.

2013 edition

6 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Yeah this is like asking your ex-gfs to try to say something nice about you.

Christ, Finley mentioned 3x how much Aaron was paid lol.

You're right, Flo- your ex-girlfriend DID say some pretty horrible (although funny) things about you.

Be that as it may, for all his pouting and grudge-bearing mentioned in the article, I, as a Giants' fan, would have like to have had Rodgers in New York all these years.